The movie you just watched

F250

Flight of the Intruder - I know a lot of people crap all over this film, but I love it. May be my favorite Willem Dafoe role. Definitely my favorite Brad Johnson role. Devil 505 signing off. Alpha. Mike. Foxtrot.

Watched Fahrenheit 451 reboot. 

Was bracing for a lot of philosophy and predictable plot...and while that was the case, it was very up-to-date.

There was an excellent scene in the middle, where Michael Shannon explains why books are being burned which was surprisingly relevant.   (Offended groups calling for bans of specific books at first--racially and gender insensitive works...which snowballed into 'lets just get rid of them all, since people are getting upset and thinking hurts our feelings')

So, not sure its a movie I'd recommend, but that scene was very effective.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, Parliament said:

Warrior.  Two great actors in a paint-by-numbers film.  Not sure what to think if it.

I am in the same boat.  I would for sure recommend for the acting though.  The overall story between the brothers and dad is great.  The fight sequences and the MMA based plot is ridiculous though.  Not even coming from a MMA fan who I imagine finds it unwatchable.  Even the nonchalant sports fan can see right through it. 

On 7/27/2018 at 8:33 PM, PittsburghTiger said:

Bell, Book & Candle

With the lovely Kim Novak

1958 was a good year for her. Bell, Book, and Candle with James Stewart preceded by starring with Stewart in Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo. Two movies for which I associate Kim Novak (and women in general) with the color green. 

0YqJfdgI_o.jpg

8 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Blade Runner 2049.

Loved it.

MOTY for me. I've already rewatched several times. It's worth it to watch on the best a/v setup you can find (and not just because of ADA). Luv is an awesome character, much more complex than she seems at first.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RPM said:

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Good little film. Interesting story and a talented cast. My only complaint was the ending sucked. Did they give up or just get tired of writing a good script?

I think it was meant to be vague.  I also watched it Saturday night - love that HBO Film of the Week.

Ending to me basically was - anger will always beget more anger, but at least you can try to do something good with it.

Spectre.  At 1st glance it looks like a weak companion to Skyfall.  Kinda sucky from the train scene, through the desert lair and back to London.  Then it gets good again.The actors playing Bond, Moneypenny, M and Q have great chemistry and it turns into a great ensemble movie when Bond gets back to London.  No way Mendes can out-Skyfall his 1st effort.  So take it another direction.  Make it an ensemble movie from start to finish.  No Bond movie has done that.

On 7/21/2018 at 6:24 PM, RomaVicta said:

Siege of Jadotville on Netflix. Great story about Irish UN troops in the Congo in 1963 holding out against a large army of mercenaries. The heroism was downplayed for political reasons.

Very, very solid movie. 

+ rep for this.  I had never heard of this incident.  Read up a little bit on it before watching the movie.  Terrific little film.

From time to time, I like to watch a movie that I know nothing about.  Sometimes I'm disappointed, sometimes not.  This morning I watched The Book of Henry - was not disappointed.
I remember making a mental note to watch this again. Great movie.