The movie you just watched

F250

On 7/23/2018 at 1:23 PM, Deej said:

"The Last Movie Star", with Burt Reynolds. Could've been better, but Burt was pretty amazing at 82. Made me depressed as hell about getting older. So, there's a glowing recommendation for you.

Well, aren’t they basically replacing parts on him like a good ol snapper lawnmower?  Those’ll run forever.

After watching the classic Creepshow, I ran across this article:

The 28 Worst Stephen King Deaths, Ranked - io9 - Gizmodo

Jul 28, 2017 - Uploaded by Movieclips
(NOTE: Though this story was not written by King, it kills one of his original ..... Best death of King himself in ...

6 hours ago, CrownKing said:

Just watched Inception for the 3rd time,  I really like the movie, and I understand it more after multiple viewings. 

All the plot holes don't bother you? Like where were the representatives of the subconscious trying to kill the interloper when Leonardo and his girlfriend were in the ultra-deep shared dream state? Or how the effects of gravity in one state are selectively applied to other states?

Fun visuals but definitely a turn-your-brain-off-and-enjoy-the-fun-visuals summer CGI-fest. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

All the plot holes don't bother you? Like where were the representatives of the subconscious trying to kill the interloper when Leonardo and his girlfriend were in the ultra-deep shared dream state? Or how the effects of gravity in one state are selectively applied to other states?

Oh dang.  Really?

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Fun visuals but definitely a turn-your-brain-off-and-enjoy-the-fun-visuals summer CGI-fest. 

I purposely turned my brain off to those some of the plot holes and just enjoyed th movie that at least was imaginative and was entertaining. I get it, I hate movies that seem to purposelyinsult your intellig nice but I didn't think this movie tried to do that. 

You must not like most sci-fi movies.

2 hours ago, CrownKing said:

I purposely turned my brain off to those some of the plot holes and just enjoyed th movie that at least was imaginative and was entertaining. I get it, I hate movies that seem to purposelyinsult your intellig nice but I didn't think this movie tried to do that. 

You just admitted to turning your brain off to watch the movie and that you "understand it more after multiple viewings." 

May god have mercy on your soul. 

22 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You just admitted to turning your brain off to watch the movie and that you "understand it more after multiple viewings." 

May god have mercy on your soul.  

I think there are many folks who don't have their brain working full time the first time around -- whether they are too young when they see the movie, whether they simply enjoyed everything about the movie the first time and didn't sweat the details, whether they took some kind of film appreciation class in the interim.

Inception, Intersteller, 2001, many foreign films.

All three of these are beautiful movies.  Don't begrudge anyone from enjoying while admitting to not understanding.

For the record, I liked all three and 2001 is the only one that I think I kind of get.

The family watched Eighth Grade on Saturday.  I have one daughter starting eighth grade this week and another starting tenth (no pics).  Had some reluctance to taking them as it is rated R due to a couple scenes with sexual content, but decided that they were mature enough.  I though the movie was done well, the main actress played the role wonderfully as did the actor that played her father.  We had some discussions following the film regarding feeling awkward at school or in other social settings so my girls were mindful of how other kids might be feeling in those situations.  Also, it allowed me to express, again, the all boys want to have sex.  Regardless of how nice they are.

16 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Christopher Robin.  Really pulls the heart strings.  Makes you long for days of no responsibilities, miss your childhood, miss your innocence.  Makes you pray that your kids don't grow too fast, and enjoy and cherish the same things for which you are longing.  9/10.

I read that in Ernest T. Bass' voice. 

Got home a bit early yesterday.  Nothing good on tv.  Flipping through and SyFy has some movie on called 'Dam Sharks!'.   Lulz

"A group of sharks begin building dams out of human bodies, which they obtain from a corporate retreat".   

Takes place in what looks like the mountains of Washington or Alaska.  

The stupidity level made me laugh my ass off. 

58 minutes ago, RPM said:

The Hitman's Bodyguard - Ryan Reynolds / Samuel L. Jackson / Gary Oldman / Salma Hayek

I really shouldn't like this movie as much as I do, but it's entertaining as hell.

Stupidly entertaining 

On 8/13/2018 at 2:48 PM, lateshow said:

Hostiles. Really dug it. 

I just watched this last night.  I really wanted to love it but just came away thinking meh.  Not horrible, but not blown away.  I think the acting for the most part was top notch.  Just insisted upon itself too much, if you know what I mean.

Ready Player One - Couldn't really get into it. Too much CGI, which I obviously should've known but I went into it not really knowing anything about the premise. Maybe I'll try it again down the road because people seem to love it.

Y Tu Mamá También - Really enjoyed it. It's been on my list for years but never got around to it until last night. I regret putting it off for so long.