Phatterson

Hanrahan

6 hours ago, nnm said:

I don’t get it. He’s a multiple national COY, and was great in the studio in those coaches’ room broadcasts. Why would he sign up to be an assistant, in any capacity, to Sark?  He could easily sit out a year, collect some nice cash from Mouse, and get a decent HFBC gig next year. 

Not to mention he can focus on his country music career

5 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I still contend keeping PK after last season is the same as Strong keeping Shawn Watson. Results speak for themselves and Patterson should take over the D

The O also sucked Sark should fire himself too

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Watson had no previous success at other stops and was hated from day one. 

Not saying that PK did an acceptable job last year, but they are vastly different circumstances. Continuity in the system could potentially help instead of trying to reach a 4th scheme in 4 consecutive years. If it doesn’t work then, we know he’s getting the axe. 

With PK, I expect the same results. The defense was fucking terrible and I just don’t know where the patience comes from. We didn’t show improvement. We lost to Kansas because they scored 50+ on us with a 3rd string QB in our own stadium. This wait and see garbage just means another 5 loss or more season 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, South Austin said:

It could be. But PK had at least some level of recent success as DC. Shawn Watson ate diarrhea sandwiches at every OC position he’s ever had.

Hey, dude, don't rag on Watson; he was recently promoted all the way up to offensive assistant at Northern Iowa. Don't you know that Bradley, Drake, and Valparaiso are quaking in their collective boots right about now?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

An apology:

Many of our posts about the former TCU coach were designed to stimulate discussion amongst Surly viewers who choose to participate. While we never intended to hurt anyone, we acknowledge that some of our posts have gone too far in regards to referencing the character, weight and intelligence of former TCU coach Gary Patterson.

We would like to apologize to anyone that may have been offended by these posts. We are very, very sorry and we know that we can do much better. Character, weight, sweatiness and intelligence remain serious issues in America today and our intention as never to hurt anyone or any coach. We know that we have a lot to learn and we need to do better in reaching out to the Gary Patterson community.

We must stop denying the existence of individual and systemic/institutional coach hatred in America. These issues exist, and are still at work to keep former TCU coaches marginalized. Thank you and again, we are very, very sorry.

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

It's missing a sweat towel. Otherwise, perfect representation of the oaf.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

With PK, I expect the same results. The defense was fucking terrible and I just don’t know where the patience comes from. We didn’t show improvement. We lost to Kansas because they scored 50+ on us with a 3rd string QB in our own stadium. This wait and see garbage just means another 5 loss or more season 

Come on man you can’t expect us to out talent the third string quarterback from Kansas, and some no-name Walk on who had never played a single down for Kansas.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Head coach in waiting

Honestly a fresh start after a few years of rest could prime GP for a big run at a school like Texas .

Have to imagine CDC has this as his worst of backup plans if Sark fails.

honestly a low key power move from CDC and I'm mildy impressed to have a competent forward thinking AD in place. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Head coach in waiting

He’s 21-22 in his last four seasons, quitting at 3-5 in his final season. The idea of a Gary Patterson head-coaching hire several years ago might have made me mildly enthusiastic. Now? Not so much.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 2

Yes.  I can’t fucking wait for Fatterson to be head coach except for the fact that he just lost to a 5 and 7 Texas team.  Yes please make him the HC in waiting.  What a great idea.  Listen he can be DC and that’s it.  Period.  

Edited by stork642
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, South Austin said:

He’s 21-22 in his last four seasons, quitting at 3-5 in his final season. The idea of a Gary Patterson head-coaching hire several years ago might have made me mildly enthusiastic. Now? Not so much.

To be fair, mediocrity before resigning midseason is the kind of resume that gets the HC job at Texas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

why does everyone think this means PK is out?

I dont think PK is out. I do think that Sark will not let the defense drag him into the unemployment line and is doing a smart thing having a backup option on staff. There should be some pretty tangible improvement this year on defense in both personnel and scheme. My two open questions are wtf are we doing or not doing at linebacker, and will PK and Joseph get on the same page with complimentary coverages that are more aggressive now that Watts, Brooks, and Allen are here.

Edited by Vertigo

• immamac changed the title to Phatterson