Phatterson

Hanrahan

I don’t think it can be proven either way.  But PK looked like hammered dogshit last year and GP has been a straight killer his whole career. I don’t really care for this year if it’s defense by committee but if someone leaves after this year I hope PK doesn’t let the door hit him in the ass. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I don’t think it can be proven either way.  But PK looked like hammered dogshit last year and GP has been a straight killer his whole career. I don’t really care for this year if it’s defense by committee but if someone leaves after this year I hope PK doesn’t let the door hit him in the ass. 

TCU defense was hammered dogshit last year. Both have had great defensive careers regardless of last year. So again, who knows. Too early to tell.

• Like 1

All hail King Fatterson!

While we were keeping up with Alabama on defense I kept sitting there in amazement. Then they panned over to Coach Patterson and showed his stats against top 10 teams. It's like a light bulb went off. I forgot we had him. No wonder we are so good on D.

6 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I don’t think it can be proven either way.  But PK looked like hammered dogshit last year and GP has been a straight killer his whole career. 

Except that GP's defense was also hammered dogshit last year, statistically worse than ours, which is what got him fired

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, pops said:

Defense was completely lost last year. They just held the reigning Heisman winner to 37 less points than fucking Kansas. That sweaty fat mother fucker is the D whisperer. 

This...It almost has to be Patterson's influence.  No way PK turned it around this much on his own.  Patterson was roaming the sideline like a man on fire.  Looked like he was celebrating "his" plan working...

Edited by Azbadlands

4 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

This...It almost has to be Patterson's influence.  No way PK turned it around this much on his own.  Patterson was roaming the sideline like a man on fire.  Looked like he was celebrating "his" plan working...

“No way an analyst turned it around this much on his own, regardless of his track record.” <—also sounds idiotic. Probably a joint effort. Whatever it is glad it’s happening. Keep Kansas below 20

13 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

“No way an analyst turned it around this much on his own, regardless of his track record.” <—also sounds idiotic. Probably a joint effort. Whatever it is glad it’s happening. Keep Kansas below 20

Coach Robinson says Hello...Old experienced coaches can turn shit around fast.  Patterson has been on campus long enough to make a difference, and it does not seem PK or Sark has tried to shackle him into just being an analyst from Sark's comments to the media.

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Coach Robinson says Hello...Old experienced coaches can turn shit around fast.  Patterson has been on campus long enough to make a difference, and it does not seem PK or Sark has tried to shackle him into just being an analyst from Sark's comments to the media.

Yea we’re on the same page?

2 hours ago, F250 said:

Patterson here for a season? I imagine he will be getting a lot of DC offers from others.

For a guy who according to reports from TCU despises the portal, NIL, and what recruiting has become… a (obv highly paid) role like “special assistant to the head coach” where all he has to do is lock himself in a room and cook up a defense seems what Patterson is looking for at this point. 

Edited by Dutch

No one outside the program knows for sure, but I have a feeling Patterson had A LOT to do with Texas’ performance today.  Regardless, this will no doubt be a talking point henceforth, and if that is indeed the case then Patterson should get whatever he wants going forward be it at Texas or elsewhere

8 minutes ago, pops said:

Nah. Csb. I have a mutual friend with Patterson. He has no desire to be a head coach again. Hates nil and transfer. Has all the money he needs and loves Austin. He may be DC next year if sark cuts ties with pk but loves what he's doing and loves sark and is content putting his thumbprint on what could be a great run /csb.  

I hope this is true.  Fuckin" A.

• Drool 1

10 minutes ago, pops said:

Nah. Csb. I have a mutual friend with Patterson. He has no desire to be a head coach again. Hates nil and transfer. Has all the money he needs and loves Austin. He may be DC next year if sark cuts ties with pk but loves what he's doing and loves sark and is content putting his thumbprint on what could be a great run /csb.  

Where do I send my send my $9.95?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Dumbass, Patterson's TCU defense was worse than Kwiatkowski's Texas defense last year.

49 minutes ago, pops said:

Hahahahahaha. 
He’s no assistant. You’ve obviously never met him. He’s an alpha dog and UT should be happy for having him this single year. He’ll be HFC at Nebraska or somewhere else next year. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Dumbass, Patterson's TCU defense was worse than Kwiatkowski's Texas defense last year.

So they were both terrible last year but what you’re telling me is you have more faith in PK than GP?  You really are a dumb cunt.  You’d rather keep PK than GP?

Edited by Lhorn
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nnm said:

Hahahahahaha. 
He’s no assistant. You’ve obviously never met him. He’s an alpha dog and UT should be happy for having him this single year. He’ll be HFC at Nebraska or somewhere else next year. 

I have,  but that was like 40 years ago. I was a little kid. Guess we will see. Just going off what I've been told from someone who knows him well. 

2 minutes ago, pops said:

I have,  but that was like 40 years ago. I was a little kid. Guess we will see. Just going off what I've been told from someone who knows him well. 

Yes, we’ll see. I’m not a personal friend of his or anything, but have been around him for a while. He has multiple national COY awards, top-10 finishes, and tons of other hardware. He’s hugely respected in the top tiers of coaching circles. He is quite used to being the top dog, and doesn’t have the personality to defer to others (that’s what led to the end at TCU). 

I don’t know why he agreed to do this rehab assignment at UT, but UT should be very grateful he did. I can’t imagine he’ll be doing anything but another HFC gig next year. Nebraska seems like the perfect fit. 

They even mentioned going into the game that Patterson had been working on a game plan for a few weeks and he felt pretty good about it.

My heart wants to believe this is true. I’m gonna run with it.

10 minutes ago, nnm said:

Yes, we’ll see. I’m not a personal friend of his or anything, but have been around him for a while. He has multiple national COY awards, top-10 finishes, and tons of other hardware. He’s hugely respected in the top tiers of coaching circles. He is quite used to being the top dog, and doesn’t have the personality to defer to others (that’s what led to the end at TCU). 

I don’t know why he agreed to do this rehab assignment at UT, but UT should be very grateful he did. I can’t imagine he’ll be doing anything but another HFC gig next year. Nebraska seems like the perfect fit. 

My head says you're 100% correct. I just hope it's wrong. 

• Like 1

I just don't understand why people have such a hard time believing that a 62-year-old man who's made his fortune couldn't possibly be interested in a lower stress, lower responsibility role that has great fringe benefits (like living in Austin) for the last few years of his career.
People do it all the time.

If the defense really improves this year what are the chances that PK is offered a head coaching job somewhere. Even rice could offer him more than he’s making now. People on this board say he doesn’t like recruiting or isn’t good at it. What are the chances both leave? I don’t know either of their personalities at this point of their lives. That could be a weird scenario.