Phatterson

Hanrahan

1 hour ago, Bartles said:

That punt on 4th and 4 with a couple minutes and two timeouts left...in decent field position too. I mean that is in the same league as some of the shit we saw from Strong and late-era Mack. Hope someone asked him about it postgame

He probably saw that his starting QB was hurt and conceded.

Still a bitch move, and you bet your ass we would be raking our head coach over the coals if we were in that position.

• Like 1

I still don’t understand his pregame comments? Why would a coach single out an opposing teams player? Especially at the collegiate leveI? In truth I really don’t know much about him. But he can’t be so fucking stupid to not know that for all of his success against Texas since entering the Big12. It came to him on a platter against some of the statistically worst Texas teams in history? That doesn’t make you great, that makes you lucky.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El Moco said:

I’ve never seen a coach sweat as much as him.

To be fair, I think the temp was in the low 70s.  Imagine him coaching up north in the winter, he would look like he's standing in a sonic ice maker

his sideline demeanor is terrible also.   He huffs and pants a lot, and it looks like he bitches at everyone, constantly.  A lot of people around him look like they really can't stand his sweaty ass, players, coaches and trainers alike.   There's little doubt he's good at coaching, but I sure wouldn't want him on my sideline.  

3 hours ago, Hamttx said:

I still don’t understand his pregame comments? Why would a coach single out an opposing teams player? Especially at the collegiate leveI? In truth I really don’t know much about him. But he can’t be so fucking stupid to not know that for all of his success against Texas since entering the Big12. It came to him on a platter against some of the statistically worst Texas teams in history? That doesn’t make you great, that makes you lucky.

If your talking about what he said about Sam..he did not go after him...Classic case of a fan base and team taking comments and turning it into motivation( Nothing wrong with that at all) but what he said was not some OMG how dare he and hell half the board has said the exact same thing about Sam and not meant it as a compliment or a plus.

That 4Q punt decision I hope becomes ample recruiting fodder for Texas against TCU for any player we are both after.

Patterson flat out quit on his team and then tried to cover it up by calling time outs with nearly no time left to show he hadn't.

Herman should be able to use this as a great storyboard with recruits in terms of how Texas never gives up etc etc

The crazy thing is, we wouldn't have tried to score again. They were at their own 38, assuming an incompletion we would have run three times into the pile and either punted or maybe tried to throw for a game-ending first down.

That punt cost him about a minute of the clock, 10 yards worse field position and he lost those precious two timeouts. It was just dumb.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Phatterson