Phatterson

Hanrahan

My old boss and I talked shit to each other all week. He definitely was buying the Texas is soft trope that Patterson likes to put out there to recruits. I want to rub it in his face, but quite frankly we were pretty soft until Herman got here. Damn we were popping some pads yesterday. It was beautiful.

1 hour ago, Bartles said:

The crazy thing is, we wouldn't have tried to score again. They were at their own 38, assuming an incompletion we would have run three times into the pile and either punted or maybe tried to throw for a game-ending first down.

That punt cost him about a minute of the clock, 10 yards worse field position and he lost those precious two timeouts. It was just dumb.

This guy gets it

1 hour ago, Tony Two K said:

Punting with 2:39 is bitch made. Patterson tapped out so the score would look better. Pussy.

The take from the tcu boards is that gp takes a lot of pride in his defensive stats and makes calls like this to pad them even when it gives you a lower chance of winning the game.

If that's even remotely true, the guy needs to hang it up as a hc and go be a coordinator.  I would be livid if we ever had a coach give up on game to protect stats on his preferred side of the ball. 

A buddy of mine's kid was a big-time recruit in the 2018 class, and he went on official and unofficial visits all over the country to all the big dogs. I asked him which Coach he disliked the most and he responded immediately  "Patterson ". 

Blatantly lied about academic stats and patted himself on the back the whole time

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

The take from the tcu boards is that gp takes a lot of pride in his defensive stats and makes calls like this to pad them even when it gives you a lower chance of winning the game.

If that's even remotely true, the guy needs to hang it up as a hc and go be a coordinator.  I would be livid if we ever had a coach give up on game to protect stats on his preferred side of the ball. 

Punting to give our offense the ball back pads his defensive stats? ok

• 3 years later...
51 minutes ago, South Austin said:

As many of us have speculated, this looks like a Greg Robinson back-up DC plan.

RIP, Gerg.

This scenario makes WAY more sense than being the buzzard on the low limb to get Sark.  The guys who hired Sark have no desire to let him go in / after year two.

I don’t get it. He’s a multiple national COY, and was great in the studio in those coaches’ room broadcasts. Why would he sign up to be an assistant, in any capacity, to Sark?  He could easily sit out a year, collect some nice cash from Mouse, and get a decent HFBC gig next year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, South Austin said:

As many of us have speculated, this looks like a Greg Robinson back-up DC plan.

RIP, Gerg.

This is what I think too.  Slap him with some meaningless title like "assistant" or "analyst" and let him just hover around the team.  Then if PK shits the bed again, fire his ass mid season and let Patterson take over.

If you give him the co-dc title right away, PK is going to be looking over his shoulder all year and too be too worried about making mistakes. This gives PK the breathing room to let him fail or succeed on his own. 

I like the PK backup plan better than nothing, but shitcanning PK, replacing him, and acknowledging you made a mistake is much preferred. Instead, we are going with: 

“Well, uh, I'd like to, uh, welcome a new member to our team. Uh, Gary. Yeah. Uh, he is, uh, a consultant. Yeah. (PK shakes his head) He'll be helping us out a little here, asking some questions, making sure things go a little more smoothly. Yeah. Oh and remember, next Friday is Hawaiian shirt day! So, y'know, if you want to, go ahead and uh, wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.”

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, nnm said:

I don’t get it. He’s a multiple national COY, and was great in the studio in those coaches’ room broadcasts. Why would he sign up to be an assistant, in any capacity, to Sark?  He could easily sit out a year, collect some nice cash from Mouse, and get a decent HFBC gig next year. 

Don't underestimate his desire to serve TCU a huge plate of "eat my steaming hot shit." He knows he will have the opportunity to prove to the AD, administration, and any boosters who pushed his sweaty ass out the door a great big beatdown by Texas this Fall.

It's not about money at that level. It's ego. He can do whatever he wants to do, and if he eventually does want to coach again spending a year at Texas only increases his value. He's going to get a close look at the inner workings (good and bad) of Texas football and he can apply that down the road.

• Hook 'Em 3

46 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Don't underestimate his desire to serve TCU a huge plate of "eat my steaming hot shit." He knows he will have the opportunity to prove to the AD, administration, and any boosters who pushed his sweaty ass out the door a great big beatdown by Texas this Fall.

It's not about money at that level. It's ego. He can do whatever he wants to do, and if he eventually does want to coach again spending a year at Texas only increases his value. He's going to get a close look at the inner workings (good and bad) of Texas football and he can apply that down the road.

all of that.  plus, he may be doing CDC a solid.  they still have a good relationship.

59 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I like the PK backup plan better than nothing, but shitcanning PK, replacing him, and acknowledging you made a mistake is much preferred. Instead, we are going with: 

“Well, uh, I'd like to, uh, welcome a new member to our team. Uh, Gary. Yeah. Uh, he is, uh, a consultant. Yeah. (PK shakes his head) He'll be helping us out a little here, asking some questions, making sure things go a little more smoothly. Yeah. Oh and remember, next Friday is Hawaiian shirt day! So, y'know, if you want to, go ahead and uh, wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.”

Motherfucking this. Send PK packing now and get Patterson down there on the field sweating for us.  Monumental upgrade. 

• Hook 'Em 3

37 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

Let’s face it. As far as really putting a sweat towel under stress we haven’t had anyone in Patterson’s league since Jeff Madden left 

Don't you dare disrespect the pinnacle of conditioning

849da9487ee8a1f485949c0a226fb80a.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I still contend keeping PK after last season is the same as Strong keeping Shawn Watson. Results speak for themselves and Patterson should take over the D

100%. It's the standard pattern of fire the assistant after year 1, coordinator after year 2, and then the HC will be fired after year 3. 

I just want our defense to be consistenly good to very good.  I dont need great.  we have had basically 2 very good seasons and one good in the last 10 years.  Its fucking comical and damning on BMD's, our ahtletic dept, and our leadership.  they keep watcing our dumbass, essentially zero experience head coaches, make shitty hires on that side of the ball.

2 words come to mind "fucking ridiculous".

if it takes that fat fuck patterson to do it, pay the fucking man.

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I still contend keeping PK after last season is the same as Strong keeping Shawn Watson. Results speak for themselves and Patterson should take over the D

Watson had no previous success at other stops and was hated from day one. 

Not saying that PK did an acceptable job last year, but they are vastly different circumstances. Continuity in the system could potentially help instead of trying to reach a 4th scheme in 4 consecutive years. If it doesn’t work then, we know he’s getting the axe. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It could be. But PK had at least some level of recent success as DC. Shawn Watson ate diarrhea sandwiches at every OC position he’s ever had.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Watson had no previous success at other stops and was hated from day one. 

Not saying that PK did an acceptable job last year, but they are vastly different circumstances. Continuity in the system could potentially help instead of trying to reach a 4th scheme in 4 consecutive years. If it doesn’t work then, we know he’s getting the axe. 

This. PK didn’t forget how to coach. A fundamental lack of talent and an offense that folded in the 2nd half of games bc of a bad OL, Casey’s thumb, Card’s pussiness and only having one WR who can catch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

We know he definitely won’t endorse Bijan getting 30+ carries in a game

he will now.  chews up clock and keeps other offense off the field. magic "better D stats"!   He'd be fine with us running 60 times a game if we are getting first downs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Phatterson