Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

38 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

I believe so, yes.

But really, how kick ass would it be if LJ had 9-11 plays for TDs over 50 yards. I'd be posting all over the shart thread!

I expect LJ to kick ass next year.  I'm hoping he will do that kicking on behalf of the Texas Longhorns but that hope does not affect my expectations for his performance.

I know he didn’t get the top 2 round grade but I bet he goes 2nd round.  he just has too much NFL potential.  aside from the fact that he has elite body control, ball skills, and a true understanding of the nuances of the game (which is rare), he’s also 6’4” 225.  he really was the best football player on the field whenever he played.  he translates to the NFL very well and I think after more scouts evaluate his game tapes his stock will rise. 

hook em LJ 

• Like 1

The best player on our team rides off into the sunset.

Loved having you on the team LJH! Good luck!

I hope we can find some physical WRs who can replace him. That was just brutal how he would truck people....and then the entire team would appear pushing him forward for another five yards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, futureman said:

I know he didn’t get the top 2 round grade but I bet he goes 2nd round.  he just has too much NFL potential.  aside from the fact that he has elite body control, ball skills, and a true understanding of the nuances of the game (which is rare), he’s also 6’4” 225.  he really was the best football player on the field whenever he played.  he translates to the NFL very well and I think after more scouts evaluate his game tapes his stock will rise. 

hook em LJ 

Too much of a tweener to go 2nd round. He has outside receiver height but not outside receiver speed. He has power and damn good hands but not the quick feet NFL wants at slot receiver. 

A lot like Poona he'll be 6th/7th/undrafted because he doesn't fit the mold but he'll be starting and producing before long with the team that takes him. 

Edited by Junior Miller

He has everything needed to be an elite NFL receiver. He did not get a chance to show it consistently this season because the Texas offense was still figuring out where all the pieces would fit. If he'd stayed another year, he'd be near the top of the receiver boards.

A lot goes into being a collegiate athlete. It's another year of books, classes, conditioning, etc. plus another season playing "for free". I don't know what his overall situation is. I wish the NFL would let kids wait until the beginning of March to declare. The exhaustion right after the season finishes is too easy to simply want to earn a paycheck for that work.

LJH put the Longhorns on his back and moved the whole program up a couple of notches. We'll always be grateful, and wish him the best of luck.

20 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Too much of a tweener to go 2nd round. He has outside receiver height but not outside receiver speed. He has power and damn good hands but not the quick feet NFL wants at slot receiver. 

A lot like Poona he'll be 6th/7th/undrafted because he doesn't fit the mold but he'll be starting and producing before long with the team that takes him. 

if LJH goes undrafted I’ll cut off my dick and eat it. 

• Haha 1

4th or 5th round.  He wasn’t going to suddenly become fast or quick enough to be a 1st or 2nd round pick, so he is probably making a good decision. 

Only guys who should come back are guys who either a.) might not be drafted at all or b.) have injuries, off the field issues, or untapped athleticism that they can improve to significantly improve their stock.

Edited by Snake Diggity

He had maybe his best game against Tech...Kingsbury will have at least some say in who the Cardinals draft, I would not be surprised to see them reach a little for him.  A year to learn under Larry Fitzgerald (if he returns) would be an amazing gift to any young WR.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

LJ cut down to 210lbs for the 40?

I assumed he played in the 220s.

Yeah a good 40 time at the Combine will really help LJH since many NFL Scouts rate him lower due to the perception he's slower than other WRs.

When I watch LJH, he seems to play faster when the balls in the air..... I've seen some compare him to a player like Anquan Boldin who had a pretty good NFL career.....

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Would be pretty impressive if he runs a 4.5

i thought he was more of a 4.6 guy 

If he pulls off a sub 4.6, I'll be impressed.

Hopefully he gets drafted higher than I think he will for himself and for our future recruiting purposes.