Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

I think his main issue is his acceleration. If you watch the clip he takes FOREVER to get going. Once he's upright and running and has the ball in his hands his quick enough to gain what is blocked for or potentially make a defender miss in the NFL. His route running will make or break him in the league. Plenty of non-burners have succeeded at the slot, you just have to be physical and have great hands and work your ass off. LJ is capable of all of that. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think his main issue is his acceleration. If you watch the clip he takes FOREVER to get going. Once he's upright and running and has the ball in his hands his quick enough to gain what is blocked for or potentially make a defender miss in the NFL. His route running will make or break him in the league. Plenty of non-burners have succeeded at the slot, you just have to be physical and have great hands and work your ass off. LJ is capable of all of that. 

Great Stuff..... Just found this to make LJH fans feel better....

Anquan Boldin · 40-yard dash time
Anquan Boldin · 40-yard dash time      4.71 seconds
Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Said it before and ill say it again:

in the eyes of the nfl, dude is currently a 5th round pick at best. Lol at anyone thinking he was gonna be picked in the top 3 round

he stays another year here, hes a sure fire 2nd rounder, AT WORST

No WRs get drafted in the first two rounds running in the mid-4.7s

Edited by Machinator

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

in the eyes of the nfl, dude is currently a 5th round pick at best. Lol at anyone thinking he was gonna be picked in the top 3 round

Do you see him improving his 40 time by .3 seconds in the next year? Speed is not something that will get much better and it is the main knock on him.

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

He left early to enter into one of the deepesr WR drafts in recent memory. And yes, his speed, strength, numbers, and maybe even size would have been even better. 

Kwame Cavil

If you were as smart as you think you are, the world would have quite the treasure.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Meh. I don't think coming back for another year changes his measurables substantially. He's never gonna be a 4.5 guy. He could probably improve his bench a little. But I don't see any way he changes the things that make him a 5th round pick enough that he gets drafted in the 2nd round. It's not like he was gonna be MORE productive on the field coming back next year than he was this year. May as well see if you can get drafted or make a roster, start making money, and get to your second contract sooner. 

30 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Great Stuff..... Just found this to make LJH fans feel better....

Anquan Boldin · 40-yard dash time
Anquan Boldin · 40-yard dash time      4.71 seconds

Correction:  Boldin actually ran 4.77 at the Combine

"Boldin has always been seen as a receiver who relies on his physicality but running a 4.77 40 was still concerning. To put that into perspective, Peyton Manning ran a 4.8 at the 1998 combine. Boldin didn’t show much explosion either when he posted a 33.5-vertical. With questionable athleticism, Boldin dropped to the second round. Then he caught 101 passes for 1,377 yards and eight touchdowns during his rookie year."

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/nfl-combine-best-worst-performance-busts-tom-brady-40-time

Edited by LTtxfan

38 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He'll be a better WR than most of the guys drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  The idiot NFL is obsessed with "measurables" because they can't scout for crap.  Any of those Georgia WRs will test better at the combine than LJH just did.  They are fast, strong, run bad routes and drop a lot of balls.  They also are not great at reading defenses, which is LJ's hidden strength.  Notice that he and Sam were on the same page on option routes 95% of the time?  Contrast that with how often Fromm seemed to be throwing to nobody downfield because the WR made a bad (or at least different) read.  LJ also gets open against zones constantly and makes tough catches in traffic.  Combine tells us jack about those truly important attributes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Not what I said and not what I said. Rice was slow and weak. Greenspoint seems to think one can magically improve their speed. They cannot. However they can get injured and hurt their stock. 

LJH is my favorite player in about 10 years and probably 13 years and one of my favs of all time. I hate seeing him go. But it was the right decision. And the class is just as deep next season. 

Cool. Comparing him to Rice is lazy. 

There is Jerry Rice.

Then there is every other WR that has played in the league. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

He'll be a better WR than most of the guys drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  The idiot NFL is obsessed with "measurables" because they can't scout for crap.  Any of those Georgia WRs will test better at the combine than LJH just did.  They are fast, strong, run bad routes and drop a lot of balls.  They also are not great at reading defenses, which is LJ's hidden strength.  Notice that he and Sam were on the same page on option routes 95% of the time?  Contrast that with how often Fromm seemed to be throwing to nobody downfield because the WR made a bad (or at least different) read.  LJ also gets open against zones constantly and makes tough catches in traffic.  Combine tells us jack about those truly important attributes.

I want to beleive this but not having good measurables isn't a good start. 4.75 is slow any way you slice it. He can overcome it or work on his speed but he is going to have to work his ass off to even break the rotation as a rookie.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Okay. I only compared him to Jerry Rice in the sense that because LJ is relatively slow (like Rice was) that that doesn’t mean NFL DBs were going to blow him up. 

A smart poster would understand that context. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

How are his measurables any better next year if he stays?  He dropped 20 pounds and that’s all he had.   I get wanting him on the team next year, but he’s probably a 3rd-6th rounder next year too based on measurables, which probably aren’t increasing that significantly in a year.  He is what he is and I think there is definitely a place for him in the league. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Interesting tactic. Fail to read posts and ascertain context, then be a smartass about it. 

That’s probably 1-3. I’d have a harder time arguing spots 2-5 than determining the all-time #1, which is clearly Rice. 

Interestic tactic. Act like Jerry Rice is an apt comparison to fucking anyone that hasn't played a snap yet. 

Will Grier isn't much of an athlete, but then again, neither is Tom Brady. 

Kerwin Roach is a pothead that never lived up to potential, but then again, Michael Jordan was cut from his freshman team. 

Go fuck a cactus and present better analogies next time. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sushihorn said:

He'll be a better WR than most of the guys drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  The idiot NFL is obsessed with "measurables" because they can't scout for crap.  Any of those Georgia WRs will test better at the combine than LJH just did.

Every WR there tested better than LJH did. He ran the slowest 40 of any WR at the combine this year.

Losing 20 lbs was probably a mistake. He didn’t have that much fat to lose. Losing muscle that quickly isn’t good for speed or strength development. Probably would’ve dipped under 4.7 and had a couple more reps if he’d just trained his ass off instead of dieting.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Losing 20 lbs was probably a mistake. He didn’t have that much fat to lose. Losing muscle that quickly isn’t good for speed or strength development. Probably would’ve dipped under 4.7 and had a couple more reps if he’d just trained his ass off instead of dieting.

I'd be making 120k if I studied a lot more and majored differently.

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Watching him run the 40, you could tell he put little effort into his tranining. That linked tweet showed a horrible start by him. Cost himself some time getting going. 

It really looked like he put no effort towards preparing for the combine. Either that or S&C is a bit lacking. Gary Johnson also didn't have the best day, 16 reps is poor for a LB and his size (5' 11", 226 lbs) is in tweener territory.

Just now, satyanash said:

It really looked like he put no effort towards preparing for the combine. Either that or S&C is a bit lacking. Gary Johnson also didn't have the best day, 16 reps is poor for a LB and his size (5' 11", 226 lbs) is in tweener territory.

I'm really interested in Omenihu and Boyd. Those 2 guys have the most to gain/lose at the combine.

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

Every WR there tested better than LJH did. He ran the slowest 40 of any WR at the combine this year.

I understand.  I've watched every game he's played.  Speed ain't everything.  Hope those scouts don't completely hold it against him.  We know what he can do.  Hope he gets a good draft slot and shows what he can do.

8 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Not what I said and not what I said. Rice was slow and weak. Greenspoint seems to think one can magically improve their speed. They cannot. However they can get injured and hurt their stock. 

LJH is my favorite player in about 10 years and probably 13 years and one of my favs of all time. I hate seeing him go. But it was the right decision. And the class is just as deep next season. 

You said Jerry Rice had low acceleration.  That is laughably inaccurate. Just a joke in my opinion.  Acceleration is what made him special.  As far as I’m concerned, the best receiver I’ve seen.