Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

39 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Yes, which is why he didn't declare for the NFL draft as a junior. Brian Davis is saying that in the last two years the Texas coaching staff has not advised any junior football player to go ahead and declare for the draft, rather to stay for their senior season to theoretically improve their draft stock.

No he’s not. He said “committee,” not the Texas coaching staff. The committee only gives out like 50 1st or 2nd round grades.

the idea that you should only declare if the committee gives you a first or second round grade is incredibly dumb. Williams didn’t get a 2nd round grade but went in the 2nd anyways. 

Tl;dr Brian Davis is a fucking moron.

I follow the Longhorns. I don’t watch the NFL. LJ presumably would have made the 2019 Longhorns better, but now he’s gone. So whether he gets drafted or not, in my view his leaving was a mistake. It’s really all about what I want, not what he wants. 

Edited by Gut Wagon

10 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I'm surprised at how low Lil Jordan's draft stock is given how big he was for our team last season. Looks like he's projected to not be drafted at all. 

Not really all that surprising. NFL combine numbers were not good and lots of off the field questions. Him going late or undrafted was most likely. 

Don’t be surprised, his best opportunity to improve his stock was to come back and tear up competition on the national stage one more year in college.

However, it’s always guys like him who need to prove themselves in the league, so going now and providing himself an opportunity to fast forward on that second contract might end up being best for him.

I doubt he’ll go undrafted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

This is the “No shit, Brian” tweet of the year. 

Had they listened, then they wouldn’t have declared.

Yeah, the second sentence was completely unnecessary. But it is surprising that not one of the juniors had been advised to leave. Not even D’Onta?

27 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Name one fucking Horn in the last 10 years that came back for his senior season and whose stock actually dropped/didnt get drafted?

other than Jackson jeffcoat, that is

Jeffcoat and Rod Wright don’t really count. Nobody had knowledge of the extent of their injuries

59 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I'm surprised at how low Lil Jordan's draft stock is given how big he was for our team last season. Looks like he's projected to not be drafted at all. 

His combine was pretty terrible. He was great for us but in terms of NFL WRs, he isn't anything special as of now. He would have benefited big time from another year in college. I get wanting to declare for the draft if your stock is very high and you will go in the top rounds but to declare and not even get drafted, doesn't seem wise. While not a death sentence, he now has no contract to fall back on and has to hope some team will pick him up after the draft. I'm sure someone will. I'd love him to play for Dallas. He'd be a good #4 WR.

• Like 1

Just now, Not a Sock said:

He supposedly hated class and was slacking off and Herman came down on his ass.

So it's more of he hated someone calling him out on his actions than hating Herman himself? That's pretty fucking lame if he left early for that main reason. Even before his poor combine, he was not a highly rated draft prospect. 

5 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

He supposedly hated class and was slacking off and Herman came down on his ass.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So it's more of he hated someone calling him out on his actions than hating Herman himself? That's pretty fucking lame if he left early for that main reason. Even before his poor combine, he was not a highly rated draft prospect. 

Sounds like he had going early already in his mind if he stopped playing school.

1 hour ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Don’t be surprised, his best opportunity to improve his stock was to come back and tear up competition on the national stage one more year in college.

However, it’s always guys like him who need to prove themselves in the league, so going now and providing himself an opportunity to fast forward on that second contract might end up being best for him.

I doubt he’ll go undrafted. 

Actually, his best opportunity was to train hard for the combine, instead of showing up light, weak, and slow. 

If he was gonna blow off training for the combine, it really didn’t matter if he declared this year or next. 

26 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I am sure the professional sports world will be easier for him to navigate.

If you’re going to be a slug in school, you’re likely to be one later in life. Might as well hang around college another year and pad your glory days scrapbook, since it’s probably all you’ll ever have to brag about anyway. Hope I’m wrong in LJ’s case, but he has “bust” written all over him. 

27 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

He made a mistake not coming back

he wasn't going to get any faster and risked injury. His playmakinghas peaked, dominated the college level. It's just a matter of 0.2 seconds.  Speed matters at DB and RB but the style he plays, the YAC come by brutalizing smaller DBs. He's going to be open, just like Michael Irvin who wasn't fast at all. Precision route running, height, physical play, shielding the DB with the big body and excellent hands make him an NFL WR. Somebody should give him a shot. 

17 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Someone gave him some really bad advice.

For real.

I don't think he made a mistake to leave if he wanted to leave. He wasn't going to play better next year or magically change physiologically.

But man from the outside looking in it seems he's got some absolute moronic units in his ear giving advice.

His play during the season versus the combine prep and pro day drill choices just didn't make any god damned sense.

season - be a bully in the slot and make physical plays, get yac and convert 3rd downs like a machine

combine - get skinny and weak

pro day - do TE blocking drills

the fuk?

I hope he ends up on the pats, saints, chiefs, or hawks. teams that take what a player is good at and highlight it. 

Edited by cam4mav

3 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

pro day - do TE blocking drills

the fuk?

This is the weirdest one.  He is never going to be an NFL TE or h-back.  He claims scouts wanted to see him do it.  Those scouts are either idiots or we’re just messing with him because of his 40.  

13 minutes ago, NowThis said:

he wasn't going to get any faster and risked injury. His playmakinghas peaked, dominated the college level. It's just a matter of 0.2 seconds.  Speed matters at DB and RB but the style he plays, the YAC come by brutalizing smaller DBs. He's going to be open, just like Michael Irvin who wasn't fast at all. Precision route running, height, physical play, shielding the DB with the big body and excellent hands make him an NFL WR. Somebody should give him a shot. 

Sorry to burst your LJH bubble but the dude is not a good route runner.