Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Ok I’m not a nfl expert but how the fuck does a no name Cullen gillaspie from aggy get drafted and LJH doesn’t?

Because he he didn’t take the combine or pro day seriously, why take a chance on him? Has nothing to do with the aggy. 

2 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Because he he didn’t take the combine or pro day seriously, why take a chance on him? Has nothing to do with the aggy. 

I mean did this “Cullen” even get a carry? I’ve literally never heard his name even mentioned ever. I was meaning that more than aggy plus it’s aggy so fuck aggy. 

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

At this point, going UDFA might be the better route.

Yup. Being drafted in the 7th is just for show. UDFA is a much better route. I remember hearing a story a while back were a kid went undrafted and one of the teams that contacted him about signing as a free agent said they didn't realize that he hadn't been drafted. Just goes to show you that some of these organizations aren't the greatest. 

LJH is actually a mastermind with a plan. 

leave early after epic season

absolutely tank the combine, leads to UDFA

choose the system that fits you the best

show up, ball out of control

get to the 2nd contract 2 years earlier than if he stayed and got drafted.

all about the $$$$$$

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

LJH is actually a mastermind with a plan. 

leave early after epic season

absolutely tank the combine, leads to UDFA

choose the system that fits you the best

show up, ball out of control

get to the 2nd contract 2 years earlier than if he stayed and got drafted.

all about the $$$$$$

Unfortunately, LJH ain't that smart.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Those guys were all gilt-edged character picks. Great work ethics. LJH.... well, he's good at football.

Cowboys may take him. He has the size of Dez Bryant that needs replaced. Also it was just a couple years ago the Cowboys drafted a basketball player out of Baylor to play TE. Cowboys will take risks

Edited by perfectchaos007

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Those guys were all gilt-edged character picks. Great work ethics. LJH.... well, he's good at football.

Obviously his draft prep strategy and execution was highly questioned, but are there actually questions about his work ethic?

During the season and fall camps it always sounded like LJH was a leader with high football IQ. 

Just now, cam4mav said:

Obviously his draft prep strategy and execution was highly questioned, but are there actually questions about his work ethic?

During the season and fall camps it always sounded like LJH was a leader with high football IQ. 

He got suspended more than once, and there was plenty of questioning about whether he put much effort into academics, even in the "just showing up" sense. That's not exactly leadership.

Edited by texifornia

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He got suspended more than once, and there was plenty of questioning about whether he put much effort into academics, even in the "just showing up" sense. That's not exactly leadership.

heard about not liking to do school much, I must have forgotten about the suspensions

32 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The Texans are cognizant of appeasing the aggy in their fan base. Easy to draft him in the 7th rather than sign him after. 

So now that you have NFL aggy out of the way, what's your explanation for how none of the other 31 teams in the NFL drafted  LJH?

Edited by Ignatius

the nfl is a dog shit league and i pay next to 0 attention to it so i had no idea he didn't test well at the combine, but my god i can not believe he wasn't drafted.  guarantee he'll have a better career than most of the receivers taken ahead of him.  dude can fucking play football.

• Like 1

the nfl needs to expand the roster to 60 from 53. Yes, there is a practice squad, f that, not enough. Just too many talented players who don't earn a paycheck and the extra depth will no doubt help the teams. The NBA went from 12 to 15 to a whopping 17, almost a 50% incease since the 1980s so why is expanding about 15% for the NFL so hard???

• Like 1

Just now, NowThis said:

the nfl needs to expand the roster to 60 from 53. Yes, there is a practice squad, f that, not enough. Just too many talented players who don't earn a paycheck and the extra depth will no doubt help the teams. The NBA went from 12 to 15 to a whopping 17, almost a 50% incease since the 1980s so why is expanding about 15% for the NFL so hard???

The owners are greedy.

• Like 2

Just now, NowThis said:

None of that is how a cartel works

• Like 3