Charles Omenihu

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

4 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Yeah, we’ll wait on your educated take on how other societies handle domestic violence calls when they’re very prevalent and domestic violence murder rates are well above average.

This isnt about DA’s. They often cant prosecute these cases. This is about reality. Reality is we need to process violent offenders and separate the accused from the possible victim(s) at least for a few hours. Often the victims are essentially being held hostage and watched at all times. You’re living in a fantasyland if you think the harms of media coverage outweigh domestic violence. It’s not even close.

Additionally, I reiterate that individuals that have lethal abilities have a responsibility to avoid laying hands on people (especially smaller, female, elderly, disabled, and/or children) unless they themselves have cause to contact authorities for violence.

That situation you just explained doesn't apply to the one at hand but there's the classic American take "let's punish everyone based upon the small percentage of horrible situations." 

We're not talking about Ray Rice knocking his wife out on camera. You're acting like Charles completely kicked the ever loving shit out of her. There are a lot of things that could've led to him pushing her. All of which I'm sure won't be believed because he's a 6'5 muscular male. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Even worse, probably cause is what some police officer thinks. They get cuffed, printed, photo'd, and locked up before anyone from the DA's office has anything to do with it. Then if the person has enough money they can pay to get out of jail until it gets sorted. If they don't then tough shit. 

The system is completely fucked

You could move. Explore the criminal justice systems around the world. Explain to a cop in, let’s say, Manila, that you have rights. They will listen respectfully while you opine on probable cause, then beat the soles of your feet with garden hose. 

That situation you just explained doesn't apply to the one at hand but there's the classic American take "let's punish everyone based upon the small percentage of horrible situations." 
We're not talking about Ray Rice knocking his wife out on camera. You're acting like Charles completely kicked the ever loving shit out of her. There are a lot of things that could've led to him pushing her. All of which I'm sure won't be believed because he's a 6'5 muscular male. 

Police dont have precognition. Public policy in this area has taken years to form and not many real people are clamoring for a return to the good ole’ days.And cameras and witnesses arent always around.

So to save tens of thousands of lives, you have to temporarily incarcerate accused abusers based on probable cause, which meets constitutional and statutory standards in most cases.

If Omenihu, expertly trained in close quarters fighting, a freakishly large, strong, and fast person, shoved or pushed 99.8% of humans, then he shouldnt be surprised if cops are called and he’s booked.

The force he’s capable of and any discrepancy between the alleged victim is called evidence. And his experience, size, and age discrepancy can be considered. And the type of injury can be considered or lack thereof. Not worried about Omenihu’s counsel. Shit, he’s probably gonna play this weekend.

Think of it this way. You shoulder checking a Sooner at the Cotton Bowl would be nothing, but shoulder checking a 4-year old could result in charges. There’s context to be considered.

A perfect criminal justice system does not and cannot exist. Cops do what they’re trained to do within their ability in bad situations. The immediate goal is for no one to get hurt or killed. Next is prosecution of those suspected of breaking the law. Suspects have rights. Alleged victims have rights. It is a pendulum that’s always moving. A real good idea is not to put your hands on a person you’re angry with, no matter what. You’re a pro athlete? Good, you can run from that no win really fast. It’s not fair that some women claim abuse that didn’t happen. It’s also not fair that I can’t run a sub 4.4 40. The fair is once a year in Dallas.

Doesn’t seem to be a ‘book ‘em’ situation like Beard.  But this thread is bringing it.  Onward…

Also, if you’ve got a little coin and don’t look like Beard the world is a load of land mines, especially if you have a little testosterone running through you.  No excuses for the guys but some people have correctly pointed out JoeSchmo may not have the same issues out there in the wild. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

You could move. Explore the criminal justice systems around the world. Explain to a cop in, let’s say, Manila, that you have rights. They will listen respectfully while you opine on probable cause, then beat the soles of your feet with garden hose. 

Never said it was the worst in the world. Of course countries with horrible evil dictators like Duterte are going to have gestapo systems. Is that how far we've fallen as a country that the best Americans citizens can do is compare themselves to autocratic shitholes?

Among developed democratic countries the US system is one of the worst. Tons of room for improvement. One easy one they could start is not publicly releasing any arrest info, including mugshot, until a person is indicted by a DA/grand jury. Having that shit released immediately in the social media age is condemning the innocent whenever it's a false arrest. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Doesn’t seem to be a ‘book ‘em’ situation like Beard.  But this thread is bringing it.  Onward…

Also, if you’ve got a little coin and don’t look like Beard the world is a load of land mines, especially if you have a little testosterone running through you.  No excuses for the guys but some people have correctly pointed out JoeSchmo may not have the same issues out there in the wild. 

Even in the Beard case we have no idea what happened. The alleged victim was on social media last week saying how she's shopping for wedding dresses and doesn't understand how Beard left and isn't answering calls or texts from her. Then explicitly said it's cute when men play hard to get. Saying that shit in relation to what allegedly happened is pure psychotic behavior. She's a complete nut, and her word is what we condemned him on and fired him over. 

This seems way less severe than that case, but again we have no idea what happened. The arrest and mug shot shouldn't be made public based on hearsay. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 3

5 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Which I think is insane. Isn't probable cause what some DA "thinks" vs what actually is? The whole point is we don't yet know what "actually is" yet our legal system has locked you up like an animal in a cage. Then we're so nice to our citizens that we allow their picture to be plastered all over the internet and the MSM write articles as if they were tried and convicted. 

These events are life altering and typically affect way more that just the "accused". Unfortunately this is mostly because the public is too dumb to understand accusation doesn't equal conviction. 

I'm in agreement that criminals if found guilty based on conclusive evidence, should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. 

But this culture America has, of locking adults in cages like dogs so some district attorney/prosecutor can put a notch in the win column is cruel and not in my opinion what our legal system was put in place to do. 

I think pre-conviction detention should be the exception. I also think the cops should be able to detain someone they suspect (based on probable cause) has committed a crime so that a judge may determine whether such detention is necessary. As an example, I don't think anyone would argue that a guy who just surrended after committing a mass shooting should be free to roam the streets until his trial. And I don't think you'd argue that the police shouldn't be able to take away the guy who just robbed you at gun point. Charles' situation doesn't sound like he deserves pre trial detention. But I'm not opposed to the cops arresting him until that is decided. 

5 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

He was in a jail for a few hours for processing. I don't understand your complaint here. This wasn't long term detention. Again, how else is the justice system supposed to sort out who is who, get them booked in the system, and determine who needs some sort of pre trial detention? Should the cops be able to take away the guy that sticks a gun in your face? Or do you want them to show up and say "don't worry about him, we will get on trial in a few years. We will just leave him here with your. Ciao"

Edited by Dahobbs

5 hours ago, 1leggedduck said:

A perfect criminal justice system does not and cannot exist. Cops do what they’re trained to do within their ability in bad situations. The immediate goal is for no one to get hurt or killed. Next is prosecution of those suspected of breaking the law. Suspects have rights. Alleged victims have rights. It is a pendulum that’s always moving. A real good idea is not to put your hands on a person you’re angry with, no matter what. You’re a pro athlete? Good, you can run from that no win really fast. It’s not fair that some women claim abuse that didn’t happen. It’s also not fair that I can’t run a sub 4.4 40. The fair is once a year in Dallas.

That's the point though. Let's say he ran didn't do anything wrong. All she has to do is say "he pushed me" and here we are (I'm not saying that's what happened) but no proof or evidence has to be supplied and apparently an bench warrant will be produced and the cops are out looking for you. 

Another example is Antonio Brown (even though this dude is mentally unhinged) he had a warrant for throwing a shoe that hit his girlfriend's hair....... 

Situations like that make it seem like our legal system is just super pumped on locking folks up and shaking them down for money. 

3 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

I think pre-conviction detention should be the exception. I also think the cops should be able to detain someone they suspect (based on probable cause) has committed a crime so that a judge may determine whether such detention is necessary. As an example, I don't think anyone would argue that a guy who just surrended after committing a mass shooting should be free to roam the streets until his trial. And I don't think you'd argue that the police shouldn't be able to take away the guy who just robbed you at gun point. Charles' situation doesn't sound like he deserves pre trial detention. But I'm not opposed to the cops arresting him until that is decided. 

Agreed on the above points because there's at least evidence involved (man holding gun at crime scene). 

3 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

He was in a jail for a few hours for processing. I don't understand your complaint here. This wasn't long term detention. Again, how else is the justice system supposed to sort out who is who, get them booked in the system, and determine who needs some sort of pre trial detention? Should the cops be able to take away the guy that sticks a gun in your face? Or do you want them to show up and say "don't worry about him, we will get on trial in a few years. We will just leave him here with your. Ciao"

Question, what is preventing humans that really don't like other humans to falsify things so that they get arrested? 

Does all someone need to say "he stuck a gun in my face" and regardless of proof or evidence we just round em up and haul em away? I agree if there's witnesses or evidence (a gun being in someone's possession) but if neither of those two things apply then what? 

Is your position really "most people aren't vindictive so we don't consider that"

I really wouldn't have an issue for a person to be detained preceding a trial if:

1. Arrest info wasn't pimped out to the media so they could get clicks and traffic to their website. This causes people's life's to be ruined over something that hasn't even been proven yet. It's cruel and unusual in the social media era I'm my opinion. Go look at all the comments on Omenihu now based upon allegation. 

2. A detainee wasn't extorted for cash for freedom. "Charles we don't know if you actually did this, but if you give us $10 grand you can sleep in your own bed tonight."

Edited by RoyalBevo21

2 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Question, what is preventing humans that really don't like other humans to falsify things so that they get arrested? 

Does all someone need to say "he stuck a gun in my face" and regardless of proof or evidence we just round em up and haul em away? I agree if there's witnesses or evidence (a gun being in someone's possession) but if neither of those two things apply then what? 

Is your position really "most people aren't vindictive so we don't consider that"

I really wouldn't have an issue for a person to be detained preceding a trial if:

1. Arrest info wasn't pimped out to the media so they could get clicks and traffic to their website. This causes people's life's to be ruined over something that hasn't even been proven yet. It's cruel and unusual in the social media era I'm my opinion. Go look at all the comments on Omenihu now based upon allegation. 

2. A detainee wasn't extorted for cash for freedom. "Charles we don't know if you actually did this, but if you give us $10 grand you can sleep in your own bed tonight."

Preventing probably isn't the right word, as people do get arrested for crimes they didn't commit. But there are some safe guards in the system to make it less likely, including:

1) the probable cause requirement (and yes, the complaint of a the alleged victim is a form of evidence, although to get a conviction in most instances you'll need other corroborating evidence)

2) making a false report to the police is a crime in itself;

3) your extortion example is also a crime; and

4) not every crime is a jailable offense that would result in an arrest.

Finally, you're going to need to get comfortable with the fact that Charles probably pushed her. Maybe he pushed her harder than he intended. Maybe it was an accidental shove. Maybe it wasn't that forceful and she just happened to be off balance. But he pushed her. And, for better or worse, if the cops get called in a situation like that, there will be an arrest, often even if the person who called retracts their original complaint. Whether that arrest gets converted into charges being filed is entirely different question. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Preventing probably isn't the right word, as people do get arrested for crimes they didn't commit. But there are some safe guards in the system to make it less likely, including:

1) the probable cause requirement (and yes, the complaint of a the alleged victim is a form of evidence, although to get a conviction in most instances you'll need other corroborating evidence)

2) making a false report to the police is a crime in itself;

3) your extortion example is also a crime; and

4) not every crime is a jailable offense that would result in an arrest.

Finally, you're going to need to get comfortable with the fact that Charles probably pushed her. Maybe he pushed her harder than he intended. Maybe it was an accidental shove. Maybe it wasn't that forceful and she just happened to be off balance. But he pushed her. And, for better or worse, if the cops get called in a situation like that, there will be an arrest, often even if the person who called retracts their original complaint. Whether that arrest gets converted into charges being filed is entirely different question. 

Thank you for your insight. I'm assuming the "Da" in your username stands for "District Attorney"? 

That's a bit better I suppose. I'm afraid to ask what your thoughts are on our legal system as a whole? The United States trails only China in the number of incarcerated adults (1,675,400 prisoners USA, 1,690,000 China) despite having over a billion more people. 

I saw an article yesterday in DFW that we're now giving people felonies and imprisonment for prostitution (unless you're in Nevada or your name is Robert Kraft). Not to mention countless others that have been destroyed for personal sized amounts of recreational drugs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

That's a bit better I suppose. I'm afraid to ask what your thoughts are on our legal system as a whole? The United States trails only China in the number of incarcerated adults (1,675,400 prisoners USA, 1,690,000 China) despite having over a billion more people. 

I saw an article yesterday in DFW that we're now giving people felonies and imprisonment for prostitution (unless you're in Nevada or your name is Robert Kraft). Not to mention countless others that have been destroyed for personal sized amounts of recreational drugs. 

We have criminalized too much conduct and provided for jail time when fines would be more just and efficient. That results in high incarceration rates. 

But, none of that changes the fact that when a the cops have probable cause to believe someone has committed a crime like assault, they should be able to detain that person at minimum to separate them from the situation and process them. For Charles, that is going to be inconvenient. And the negative media exposure due to him being relatively high profile will be painful. But I suspect that short term pain will likely be the end of this particular saga. Based on what we know, it doesn't sound like this was a truly violent incident or that she was injured. I'd doubt a DA is going to pursue charges over a simple shove. Of course, everything changes if more facts come out indicating that this shove was more forceful/violent than it initially sounds like. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Even in the Beard case we have no idea what happened. The alleged victim was on social media last week saying how she's shopping for wedding dresses and doesn't understand how Beard left and isn't answering calls or texts from her. Then explicitly said it's cute when men play hard to get. Saying that shit in relation to what allegedly happened is pure psychotic behavior. She's a complete nut, and her word is what we condemned him on and fired him over. 

This seems way less severe than that case, but again we have no idea what happened. The arrest and mug shot shouldn't be made public based on hearsay. 

Is this absolute moron (Hermanator to be clear) serious?

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Hermanator said:

CircularAncientEnglishpointer-size_restr

51 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Is this absolute moron (Hermanator to be clear) serious?

perhaps?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Beard was fired for being an embarrassment to the program. Regardless of what he did or didn’t do, he was told after the NY trip to get her under control and then this shit happened. They can go play white trash house in west Texas. Fuck them both 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hermanator said:

One easy one they could start is not publicly releasing any arrest info, including mugshot, until a person is indicted by a DA/grand jury.

I’ve said this for years. Accusers are rarely identified unless they be are sued by the wrongly accused. By that time, the damage of their false accusations is done. So much of what we’re arguing about would be avoided if there was some anonymity on both ends. It would probably result in fewer vindictive false accusations. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

For those of us out of the  loop, what happened on the NY trip?

Randi pushed Charles down the steps and broke Chris' glasses. She next put baseballs in a bag tied to the ceiling fan and beat herself up. Then she called the cops. Charles and Chris were both arrested. Chris lost his job and Charles is playing Saturday. Meanwhile Randi is still shopping for wedding dresses while cleaning up closets and nightstands.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Wait, you don't think this is real, do you?

I think it is real. I saw it posted in another thread and shared on Twitter. 

I think I saw an even more recent post by her on Twitter. I'll try to find it. 

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Excuse me sir, but how was he supposed to get her under control without some light choking?

Better Call Undefeated Protection Services, LLC" where a man can rent a bodyguard along the lines of Ronda Rousey and her associates to protect against attacks by ex- or soon-to-be-ex wives, girlfriends and such. 

"Ronda, help me out here. Take Muffin downstairs and uber her the fuck out of my life, would you, please?"

Female-on-female violence different than "domestic" violence, or does it depend on sexual orientation?

On 1/25/2023 at 11:40 PM, Hermanator said:

Never said it was the worst in the world. Of course countries with horrible evil dictators like Duterte are going to have gestapo systems. Is that how far we've fallen as a country that the best Americans citizens can do is compare themselves to autocratic shitholes?

Among developed democratic countries the US system is one of the worst. Tons of room for improvement. One easy one they could start is not publicly releasing any arrest info, including mugshot, until a person is indicted by a DA/grand jury. Having that shit released immediately in the social media age is condemning the innocent whenever it's a false arrest. 

Fair enaough on the comparison take, but as for the "don't release the mug shots until..." Don't forget everyone has rights and some folks believe that if the state creates something, we, as the owners and beneficiaries of the state, get to see it immediately so long as it doesn't jeopardize an investigation. That's the core of both the problem, and the biggest benefit of our system versus the rest of the 1st world. Expediency for the state is not the only consideration. Frankly, I would rather be charged with a crime in this country than in most other 1st world countries. As a suspect here, you enjoy a lot more rights than you do in most other legal systems. A lot of people are pissed when a gulity person walks, but that is our system working. Entire texts books are dedicated to this subject, but in short, I still think we do a better job of balancing the rights of the accused and the rights of the alleged victims, and the obligations the state must meet to convict.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/25/2023 at 11:32 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

That's where this gets sticky.  If this had been a male-on-male assault between unrelated persons, cops probably would have let it go or issued a ticket for a lowest-level misdemeanor assault.

But DV is in I think kind of an overcorrection stage.  For decades, cops separated the parties and went away, in many cases to return to serious injuries or death hours or days later, as noted.  And some of this was related to despicable views of women.  That was wrong, clearly.

Today, if cops come to a domestic disturbance, someone's going to jail. That's the overcorrection, in some instances, especially where the injuries are non-existent or very minor and the evidence of who is at fault is murky at best.  I think this tends to get resolved against the male party more often than not.

As far as the Beard situation, primarily Beard is an "educator" employed by an educational institution.  Which is why felony arrest is explicit cause for termination.  Omenihu is just an employee.  It's far more reasonable to "let the system work" in O's case than Beard's.

• 6 months later...

Chiefs DL Charles Omenihu Suspended for Violating Personal Conduct Policy

Kansas City's spring free agent pickup is slated to miss a chunk of the 2023 regular season.

JORDAN FOOTE           AUG 4, 2023 

As the Kansas City Chiefs continue preparing for the 2023 NFL regular season, they now know they'll eventually have to start the year without one of their more promising players on the defensive side.

According to multiple Friday afternoon reports and confirmed by Nate Taylor of The Athletic, defensive end Charles Omenihu is being suspended for the first six games of the season for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy. Omenihu is eligible to participate in all practices and games through the preseason.

As Taylor notes, Omenihu's suspension will be lifted the day after the Chiefs' October 12 home game against the Denver Broncos. This is the second season in a row in which a Chiefs player will miss time due to a personal conduct policy violation, as linebacker Willie Gay Jr. had to sit out Weeks 3-6 of the 2022 regular season stemming from his own suspension. 

If Omenihu's current suspension holds, he will miss the Chiefs' games against the Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, Chicago Bears, New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings and the aforementioned Broncos matchup.

Omenihu was arrested back in January due to an allegation of misdemeanor domestic violence and in March, Joshua Brisco of Arrowhead Report captured some of the details from ABC7 News in San Francisco: 

Officials say a woman called to report that her boyfriend, Omenihu, pushed her to the ground during an argument. She complained about pain to her arm, police say, but there were no visible injuries and she declined medical treatment at the time of the investigation.

Officers contacted Omenihu at the scene. He gave a statement and was cooperative with officers.

He was then arrested for misdemeanor domestic violence and he was served with a restraining order by investigating officers. It was not deemed a felony arrest.

---------------------------------------------

This is a substantial loss for the Chiefs, as Omenihu was projected to assume a starting role along Steve Spagnuolo's defensive line. The former Houston Texans and San Francisco 49ers standout is coming off perhaps the most productive season of his career, as he totaled 20 tackles (three for loss), 16 quarterback hits and 4.5 sacks in 17 games while playing just 54% of the 49ers' available defensive snaps. Additionally, he logged 39 quarterback hurries according to Pro Football Focus and also posted a 75.3 pass-rush grade from the site. His ability to play from multiple pre-snap alignments was also a massive plus.

Without Omenihu to start the year, Kansas City's defensive end room will rely on second-year George Karlaftis and veteran Mike Danna. 2023 first-round pick Felix Anudike-Uzomah, who was expected to be brought along rather slowly, may be thrown into the fire a bit earlier than expected. Elsewhere, defensive tackle Chris Jones will be counted on to produce in a major way assuming he ends his still-active holdout by Week 1. 

22 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Im good with harsher penalties for woman beaters.

Kamara helped beat a man so badly that the victim ended up in the hospital. “The man, who was knocked unconscious, sustained an orbital fracture to his right eye, among other injuries, according to the police report.”

CO’s victim had “no visible injuries” and “refused to press charges”. 

ETA: I’m not defending CO or saying his suspension is too heavy.

I AM saying that Kamara’s was far too light and given the fact that there is video PROOF and the far more egregious injuries caused by his actions, Kamara should have received several more games than he did.

Edited by lilMAC25

3 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Kamara helped bear a man so badly that the victim ended up in the hospital. “The man, who was knocked unconscious, sustained an orbital fracture to his right eye, among other injuries, according to the police report.”

CO’s victim had “no visible injuries” and “refused to press charges”. 

Hate it when they "bear a man"

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

• 5 months later...

This sucks...

Reports: Chiefs pass-rusher Charles Omenihu has torn ACL

ESPN  Jan 29, 2024, 04:10 PM ET

Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Charles Omenihu suffered a torn ACL in Sunday's AFC Championship Game, according to multiple reports.

Omenihu had a strip sack of quarterback Lamar Jackson during the Chiefs' 17-10 victory over the Baltimore Ravens.

He appeared to confirm the news via his X account, posting an emoji of a broken heart.

He had a career-best seven sacks in 11 games this season, his first with the Chiefs.

The injury will prevent him from facing his former team, the San Francisco 49ers, in Super Bowl LVIII.

Omenihu played for the 49ers last season before signing a two-year contract with the Chiefs last March as a free agent.

• Rage+1 2