Charles Omenihu

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nope said:

He’s going to be a guy who just continues to get better and better. He posted another video on his Instagram story, he has been working out 1-on-1 with Demarcus Ware this summer learning pass rush moves.

It's a real shame Demarcus let himself go like that after his playing career ended. 

• Like 1

CSB alert-Demarcus did, in fact, pork up a bit after retirement.  He was a guest on a certain now defunct Nickleodeon aggy related show, and had to don a rubberized fat sumo looking suit for some skit or another.  My son  was a production assistant on said show, and was tasked with getting the big guy in and out of his costume on a typical steamy Dallas summer day.  My boy, who might be 5'8", and no stranger to sweating himself, rode Mr. Ware incessantly about how the chore would have been so much simpler if he hadn't let himself go to seed like that.  The skit was a success, they parted great friends (he even has his number), and he lived to p.a. another day. I like to think he goaded him into getting in shape. 

Edited to add:Just looked at the pics-maybe lost fifteen pounds.  Opened a high end gym in Southlake, and has posted a few pics of himself working out.  Holy Jesus-he is a beast.

Edited by bmbmd
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

Getty Images

Charles Omenihu has never started an NFL game, but the 2019 fifth-round draft pick has ascended to the top of the Texans’ depth chart at defensive end.

The Texans cut Angelo Blackson, who started 15 games last season, after Omenihu won the starting job.

“Chuck, he’s had a very good camp,” Texans defensive end J.J. Watt said, via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “He came in ready to work and improve his game. I think he’s definitely done that. He’s done a great job for us in the running game and the passing game.

“I think he’s maturing as a player and a person. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do out there on the field and I’m looking forward to working with him.”

Omenihu played 441 defensive snaps as a rookie, 41 percent of the team’s overall defensive snaps. He made three sacks and two forced fumbles. 

He spent the offseason working on his pass rushing moves with DeMarcus Ware. Watt now is trying to teach Omenihu even more.

“It’s been a lot of fun trying to teach him some things,” Watt said. “You can start to have deeper level of conversations with a guy. You can start to have those high level football IQ conversations.”

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With eight minutes left in the fourth quarter, the Texans realized they had 12 players on the field on defense. Two players, A.J. Moore and Charles Omenihu, started to run off the field to avoid a penalty. Then Omenihu, realizing they were now going to be left shorthanded, just flopped onto the ground and pretended he was hurt. An official called an injury timeout and the Texans were able to get the right personnel on the field before the next play. The Texans weren’t penalized and didn’t lose a timeout.

Omenihu was obviously faking; he was shown on the sideline afterward laughing and not getting medical attention.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/27/texans-faked-an-injury-to-save-a-timeout/

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, joeycovers said:

I remember when Daylon Mack used to talk shit because Omenihu wasn’t highly “rated” coming out of HS.  Oooops 

Daylon Mack has a thriving t shirt business selling wrts shirts to ag fans. I am sure he wouldnt trade his life for the world.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Time for another round of "Handle it internally" vs. "We care about women"

Beard is a good example of, whatever happened, if it's enough for her to call police, then it's enough to keep you off the field/court for a while. Even if he apologizes, she recants, etc. Yes I'm an Eagles fan, but I'd say the same if it was Fletcher Cox