Westworld Season 2

mackavelli

1 hour ago, Quagmire said:

If I went to west world I wouldn’t care about any of the story lines , I would just bang the robot chicks the entire time. Which makes me wonder, is that considered cheating if they aren’t real?

its kind of like, if i use my left hand to masterbate, is that cheating?  sure feels like it...

8 hours ago, txhorns said:

If the hosts are held out after "dying" and the park guest stays don't overlap then why did young William run into Dolores when he finally went back to Sweetwater?

8 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Because there is a significant amount of time between his trip with Logan and his trip with Logan's dad. 

I assume he’s talking about the end of Season 1,  not Season 2. 

But my answer would be because William’s walkabout took so long that she was back in rotation by the time he finally returned to Sweetwater. 

16 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

That's an answer society will soon have to figure out.

If we really want to get existential about it, the thing that society will have to figure out is how to deal with the fact that, at some point, people will be able to have hyper-realistic sex with whomever they want via VR, Westworld style sex robots, or just literally plugging your brain into a computer.

It will cause significant problems in how society functions (in terms of marriages, family units, etc.) and may even cause the birth rate to fall below replacement level.

13 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

So that girl with the nice booty from last episode was an ex of Elon Musk

Talulah Riley has played several roles in the show. In season 1, she was the girl dressed in white who was helping young William in the dressing room. She was later seen as one of the hosts in the park, interacting with the Man in Black and Lawrence, then later with Maeve during the uprising. She was then used as the girl in black who was assigned to entice Logan and encourage his investment. It sounds like it was either going to be her or Dolores, but Arnold didn't think Dolores was ready for the part.

20 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Talulah Riley has played several roles in the show. In season 1, she was the girl dressed in white who was helping young William in the dressing room. She was later seen as one of the hosts in the park, interacting with the Man in Black and Lawrence, then later with Maeve during the uprising. She was then used as the girl in black who was assigned to entice Logan and encourage his investment. It sounds like it was either going to be her or Dolores, but Arnold didn't think Dolores was ready for the part.

She's really only played one role in the show, that of Angela, one of the original hosts.  In Westworld the park, like nearly all of the other hosts we've seen, she has had several roles.  In addition to the places you mentioned, she also could be seen with the parasol in the original town back when the first hosts were learning to dance, interact, etc.  (Similar to Maeve being a homesteader and then the madam).

14 hours ago, hornian said:

But my answer would be because William’s walkabout took so long that she was back in rotation by the time he finally returned to Sweetwater. 

If that'sthe case then there has to be overlaps in the guest's trips to the park.  Otherwise why put a host back in the rotation while the guest is still in the park?

13 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Did anyone notice how bent out of shape Young William's wife was about the robot? I guess her brother told her about William falling in love.

remind me of this scene again.  I remember finally seeing his wife in a scene but didnt remember the timeline of the scene.  it was for sure after he had gone over and fallen in love with dolores?

2 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

remind me of this scene again.  I remember finally seeing his wife in a scene but didnt remember the timeline of the scene.  it was for sure after he had gone over and fallen in love with dolores?

It was after their trip and also after William took his FIL out to see it. This time, they had Delores playing the piano.

27 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

but he wasn't in love with her then, right?  that was still early on.  meeting up with lawrence and falling in love with dolores came later I thought.

This was after Williams first trip in Westworld,  the next scene you saw Logan outside and he was already moping from being not the top man of the company anymore.  

Edited by Haphap

11 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Was he doing some form of futuristic/sci-fi heroin? It showed him groaning, like 4 quadrant needle marks, and then he chilled out and seemed euphoric.

that is what I thought it was too.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i thought ed harris said he married a beautiful woman.

guess thing are different in the future.

$$$ is beautiful to many people. 

Also, she is the woman who was in the stock photo they used from season 1. They found her for this scene in season 2 apparently. 

1 hour ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Are Ghost Nation possibly “helping” humans? Remember they took Stubbs before. They wanted to take Sizemore. Now they find girl from India World.

Seven Nation Army was cool, too.

This. Ghost Nation is definitely on team human. 

My wife’s theory (borrowed from Reddit, but she’s adopted it) is that Elsie programmed ghost nation to protect humans when she found out what was going on. The actress who playable Elsie is part of season 2s cast, so could be what’s behind their actions. 

1 hour ago, fhetw said:

worst tactical offensive ever...

Yeah, call me crazy, but if you're assaulting a fucking fort, even a 19th century fort, maybe it would be a good idea to soften up the target before sending in troops.  Maybe some aerial bombardment or a good shelling from a fire base?

18 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Did they ever say what’s being hidden in Abernathy?

Yes, last season.

Spoiler

It's all the data that's been collected on the park's guests, presumably decades worth.

Edited by TriStone

Yeah, call me crazy, but if you're assaulting a fucking fort, even a 19th century fort, maybe it would be a good idea to soften up the target before sending in troops.  Maybe some aerial bombardment or a good shelling from a fire base?

Also, why are they only using P90s? Not really a good choice for a battlefield.

Dammit, I wanted a nekkid Grace(the chick from the India park).

I knew she looked familiar, she was the hot chick with the group that was "transporting people to the other side", in the final season of The Leftovers.

Edited by bamachine

Anyone else think Bernard transferred all the files hidden in Abernathy to his own hard drive in order to keep the info away from Charlotte/Delos?

Maybe his breaking down in the "11 days after the revolt" timeline is more than just a physical injury.

One of the really interesting aspects of this show is that they've made certain hosts sympathetic characters, whereas most of the humans are fairly unlikable. In every other man vs. machine movie or TV show, we automatically root for the humans. In this case, I'm conflicted as a viewer, but I'm currently pulling like hell for Dolores and Maeve.