OU Tix-Dumb Question

Armypilot

So i’ve missed the last two ou games bc i was deployed.  Want to go this year and take my kids 5&7 but not interested in paying for premium seats.   Is it possible to get four tickets this year anywhere in the orange for approx $400 total?  Or is that just a dream?  I dont want to trek all the way to Dallas if there isnt a shot at that.  

Hopefully somewhere in the sarcastic replies there will be someone with insight.  Fire away.

We live like 6 hours from Dallas so didn’t want to travel there for the weekend if there is no chance.  I didn’t know the face value or market.  Ive been overseas last couple years so finally getting to be home during the weekend this year and wanted to maybe take kids to game and fair.

I got 4 for $745 the other day on Tickpick.com (not to be confused with Dickpic.com) which I immediately scooped up since that was the best price I had seen in weeks. The problem you'll face is you'll need the physical tickets to be sent to you so if you don't get it sent to you before Friday, you're screwed. All the ticket sites are now over $250 right now per ticket. Face just isn't happening this year since we don't suck like previous years. Maybe check with Texas Exes since you're a veteran. Maybe they can get some for you.

Edited by mdmost

I wouldn’t know how to even check with any Texas exes.....i came to Surly as my only hope.  Maybe its not in the cards this year.  I just have a hard time justifying paying 800-1000 for four when my two kids are just there for the pageantry.  They will have their orange and horns up, but they are equally as into the band and Bevo and cheer leaders as they are the team.  

I need to figure out if its worth even treking to the fairgrounds to try.  

11 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Didnt I sell you a glock?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I dont remember buying a glock but i could have.  I def remember buying a XD 9mm off someone when i flew a helicopter thru Austin a few years ago (i posted the pics from the air of the campus and DKR on Shaggy).  I would have probably bought a glock but nothing comes to mind right now.  Maybe i should go look in my safe.  

I got 4 for $745 the other day on Tickpick.com (not to be confused with Dickpic.com) which I immediately scooped up since that was the best price I had seen in weeks. The problem you'll face is you'll need the physical tickets to be sent to you so if you don't get it sent to you before Friday, you're screwed. All the ticket sites are now over $250 right now per ticket. Face just isn't happening this year since we don't suck like previous years. Maybe check with Texas Exes since you're a veteran. Maybe they can get some for you.

I checked Texas exes member ticket service and they said they only do it for home guys. Although it is considered a home game guess they mean just in Austin.

Had to buy them on stub hub last week, they were $200/ticket for lower level section. Ended up being $270 after fees. Crazy. But I’m glad I bought them last week since most of them are not e tickets and have to be mailed.

You can take the risk and try to scalp them at the fair and possibly miss kickoff. It’s a risk but it worked for me in the past even when we were good. The downside is that you have to buy fair tickets..or try to scalp outside the fair but your chances of scoring a deal will decrease from 25% to 10%.

Pro tip, try to buy from an old Blue Hair.

6 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

You can take the risk and try to scalp them at the fair and possibly miss kickoff. It’s a risk but it worked for me in the past even when we were good. The downside is that you have to buy fair tickets..or try to scalp outside the fair but your chances of scoring a deal will decrease from 25% to 10%.

Pro tip, try to buy from an old Blue Hair.

Do you think I’d be able to get four tickets together doing that 

Do you think I’d be able to get four tickets together doing that 

Crap, I didn’t take that into consideration. Slim chance but try to go very early and maybe use your military service for someone to sell to you at face value but that’s unlikely that you’ll find 4. Sorry

23 hours ago, Armypilot said:

I dont remember buying a glock but i could have.  I def remember buying a XD 9mm off someone when i flew a helicopter thru Austin a few years ago (i posted the pics from the air of the campus and DKR on Shaggy).  I would have probably bought a glock but nothing comes to mind right now.  Maybe i should go look in my safe.  

Maybe you could use the Glock to bargain down the tix a little.  I hear they're great negotiating devices.

The only other thing is sometimes if you wait 5-10 mins. into the game, tix go down to next to nothing.  Give up 1/2 a quarter for 75% reduction?  Obviously a good idea if you're by yourself or with spouse/friend, but with little kids, maybe not.

But that's the only way I see you getting tix for double-digits.

I just have a hard time paying $300+ for two tickets for my little ones.  And having been gone from them for over a year i dont want to miss the time with them.  Damned if do, damned if dont.

If i could get them for between face and say $200 it becomes more lucrative.

I was unaware of watching on the Toyota screen.  I’ve never gone to the fair but not to the game.  

Trying to decide if i can 1)find tickets at all and 2)if not should i make the drive and enjoy the fair and fletchers and hope to get a ticket on the grounds

I'm not typically one of those "wtf bro? little kids at a football game?" types, but I kinda am with the RRS just in terms of it being a long damn day and you're pretty much standing the whole time during the game. The weather looks like it's going to be a total steam bath too. But hey, this is one of the last pure college football sites in the country so if the opportunity shows itself, go for it!

Edited by bluto

11 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

$100 handshake?

Is this a "don't ask, don't tell" deal?  ;)

I have a 5yo + 7yo boys and I won't take them to a big Texas home game yet alone Texas/OU.  They only care about concessions and sh*t like that.  Save your money, watch at home.

My 9yo, however, is pissed that I'm not taking him... Give it a couple of years save some cash.

Edited by RD3

1 hour ago, RD3 said:

Is this a "don't ask, don't tell" deal?  ;)

I have a 5yo + 7yo boys and I won't take them to a big Texas home game yet alone Texas/OU.  They only care about concessions and sh*t like that.  Save your money, watch at home.

My 9yo, however, is pissed that I'm not taking him... Give it a couple of years save some cash.

It’s been a long time since I’ve done it, but it used to be a don’t ask, don’t tell deal.  If you were unsuccessful, you could always go try a different gate.

2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

You can walk in the stadium at the end of halftime with no problem. But not sure about doing that with 4 people. 

We could split into a 2-2 zone and i pick my fav kid and stick the wife with the other and then its every man for themselves.

• Like 1

I haven't heard of/seen it done in quite a few years actually but i have to imagine it's still in play

It is. Couple friends of mine have done it with as little as $20 over the past couple years. Those attendants do not get paid enough to actually try to control the crowd. Hell, my buddy's girlfriend didn't have a ticket and walked right in with some sob story of her boyfriend going in with her ticket after they got separated in the crowd. Honestly I feel stupid for buying tickets every year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hot take: really scummy thing to do the "handshake" unless you're planning on just wandering around the whole game. There isn't room for you anywhere. Got into it big time with some imbeciles last year because they were wedging in and so they were on my seat.

I told them they would have to move and they played like I was the asshole "who cares man it doesn't matter exactly what seat" but the problem was everyone else in my row was in their seat so I had nowhere to be.

I shouldn't have to pay a couple hundred bucks and not actually have a seat just because you're a poor.

Agree. We've had that issue in the upper deck areas before. I'll go pull an usher if I'm in my wife's lap because some asshole wants to wedge their buddy or some chick into a space meant for 1 person. F that shit. I pay way too much for these tickets to deal with that. If you're going to sneak in, go to the lower level endzone and hang out around there as that's a perfect space for standing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Hot take: really scummy thing to do the "handshake" unless you're planning on just wandering around the whole game. There isn't room for you anywhere. Got into it big time with some imbeciles last year because they were wedging in and so they were on my seat.

I told them they would have to move and they played like I was the asshole "who cares man it doesn't matter exactly what seat" but the problem was everyone else in my row was in their seat so I had nowhere to be.

I shouldn't have to pay a couple hundred bucks and not actually have a seat just because you're a poor.

I’m not poor.  I just cant see paying $300/ticket for my 5-6 year old and since i have been gone dont want to spend time away from them either.  

I would never wedge someone out of a seat especially if i had gotten in illegally.  

I’m not poor.  I just cant see paying $300/ticket for my 5-6 year old and since i have been gone dont want to spend time away from them either.  
I would never wedge someone out of a seat especially if i had gotten in illegally.  

Right that wasn't directed to you. Just saying that wedging into seats that aren't yours in a sold out packed stadium is bush league crap.

I have taken my 8 & 11 year old girls to games but not this game, certainly wouldn't pay $200+ a ticket for them either. Gonna take them to the fair on Sunday when it's less crowded.