Tim Brando is murder on the ears

Bevo14

13 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

except that he was decidedly neutral and not afraid to call out XII ref bitchassedness.

overall in my opinion fox doesn't push agendas (in college football...)

Overall, you’d be correct. However, Tim Brando is a no talent assfuck who has spent the last several years spewing oratory garbage all over The University of Texas, its fans, players, and coaches. I give no fucks about his incessant need to masterbate his Longhorn options all over the place, but it makes trying to get through a broadcast of a UT football game about as hard as finding a virgin sheep in Cuckold Station.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

lol what game were you watching? 

For the most part, announcers can't win, because if they call it like they see it, one of the two sides is going to scream "Bias!"

And, for the most part, the current crop of announcers suck.  Like, a lot.  I suppose it's to be expected in an age where nearly every game is televised and there are 674 announcing crews.

Nevertheless, Brando is definitely "neutral" as Hagbard says, even if fans don't like what he has to say about a particular play/flag/game/etc.  He also seems like a genuinely good human being.

None of that is to say that he's a great announcer.  But he doesn't bring an agenda into the booth like Klatt/Kannell/Danielson/many others.

28 minutes ago, Augustus said:

For the most part, announcers can't win, because if they call it like they see it, one of the two sides is going to scream "Bias!"

And, for the most part, the current crop of announcers suck.  Like, a lot.  I suppose it's to be expected in an age where nearly every game is televised and there are 674 announcing crews.

Nevertheless, Brando is definitely "neutral" as Hagbard says, even if fans don't like what he has to say about a particular play/flag/game/etc.  He also seems like a genuinely good human being.

None of that is to say that he's a great announcer.  But he doesn't bring an agenda into the booth like Klatt/Kannell/Danielson/many others.

Link?

I got into it with Brando at an Independence Bowl beer tent one year. It was during the LSU Saban years. He and an LSU fan were talking about how they thought LSU was going to manhandle Texas physically in their bowl matchup. Brando made a comment about how Texas was going to see what SEC football was all about. Needless to say the back and forth got a little personal between us. I saw him again a couple of years later in Shreveport and tried to get his response on the beat down that Texas laid in his beloved Tigers. The only thing he could say was...jeez this asshole here. That was satisfaction enough for me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

I was pretty impressed with Sooner Tillman.  I wouldn’t be able to be as impartial as he was if I was calling dirt burglar game lol.  Loved his shout-out to the Stros too.

I've never had a problem with Tillman.  He's pretty good and fair.  

Brando is pretty much a turd merchant.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...
24 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I thought Shreveport people tended toward the Razorbacks.  But that might be too painful these days.

Not sure about that.  At least in the 80/90s, it was LSU with a few La Tech fans mixed in.  NFL was fairly evenly split Saints/Cowboys, although there was a noticeable shift toward Dallas during their early 90s run.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

He was absolute trash during this game. Just fucking awful in rooting against Texas. I hope we never have to listen to his untalented taint call a Texas game again. 

Sweatergawd I would gladly go to jail for aggravated assault if I ever run into him.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

He was absolute trash during this game. Just fucking awful in rooting against Texas. I hope we never have to listen to his untalented taint call a Texas game again. 

He actually mentioned toward the end of the game he hopes to call a game in Austin knowing we get to say adios to Fox after this season. .   Next weeks game is on  ABC as is Tech the after Thanksgiving.   So this leave the K State game as the only home came not assigned to a TV  Net yet.   Which I have long stated if the Rig 12 is going to screw us and not try to hide it, it’s going to be this game.  

• Rage+1 1

I’m pretty indifferent to Spencer Tillman, but Brando knows we hate him and continues to blatantly disrespect us. Not unlike the Big 12 commissioner or fans of schools not named Oklahoma. They’re glad to take the money we bring to the table, but they continue to make us out to be their Great Satan. Fuck them all. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

He actually mentioned toward the end of the game he hopes to call a game in Austin knowing we get to say adios to Fox after this season. .   Next weeks game is on  ABC as is Tech the after Thanksgiving.   So this leave the K State game as the only home came not assigned to a TV  Net yet.   Which I have long stated if the Rig 12 is going to screw us and not try to hide it, it’s going to be this game.  

I would think K State would be a bIg Noon Kickoff game if FOX gets it. I feel pretty confident we’ve seen our last Brando game. Good riddance you Louisiana garbage person.

35 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’m pretty indifferent to Spencer Tillman, but Brando knows we hate him and continues to blatantly disrespect us. Not unlike the Big 12 commissioner or fans of schools not named Oklahoma. They’re glad to take the money we bring to the table, but they continue to make us out to be their Great Satan. Fuck them all. 

You’re only indifferent to Tillman because his “partner” is even worse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Tillman, may fuck be upon him, is relatively unbiased when compared to Brando.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why was he going on and on about Texas resources and shit?

He’s a cunt.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

It's fucking pathetic when the announcers have to chime in and say "remember, we're not rooting for any specific team" multiple times during the broadcast because even they are aware of how hard they're pulling against Texas.

"so I'm going to be honest here..." which means you are no being honest.  Brando is a bitch ass punk.