Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

15 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Their mailbox (or whatever the fuck that is) being so crooked is a nice touch. 

That's a rookie move using the drywall screws into the concrete instead of the Tapcons, especially when at least twice a week a fight spills into the parking lot there and someone gets thrown at the mailbox.

We'll see how long the phone thing lasts. 

Chef Tim Love’s newest restaurant turns the Stockyards upside down.

To start with, Caterina’s is a fine-dining Italian restaurant serving $64 lobster and a shareable $149 New York strip steak, a price level matching his 20-year anchor Lonesome Dove Western Bistro.

Then, there are two drastic shocks for Cowtown diners: 

▪ Jackets are required, making Caterina’s the first Fort Worth restaurant to enforce a dress code since La Piazza closed three years ago.

▪ Phones are banned. Like at concerts, they’re put in a locked pouch that a staffer can unlock if needed.

Both rules add to the exclusivity at Caterina’s, 128 E. Exchange Ave. across Mule Alley from Love’s Tannahill’s music hall and Paloma Suerte restaurant.

It’s open from 4 p.m. nightly for dinner; 682-267-0812, caterinasftx.com. 

IMG-4821.jpg

On 7/29/2022 at 9:30 AM, Texzilla58 said:
Jackets required? In the fucking stockyards? 103 degrees at 8 o’clock? Folks will be passing out in the parking lot trying to walk in.

d1613a9b1ebc7c20c999d021e322d888.gif

That ain't gonna last long.

Edited by Dr Fear

It would be difficult for 5 short paragraphs to make less sense. 

A man with a stab wound tried in west Fort Worth on Saturday night to force at gunpoint a woman to drive him to a hospital, police said.

Robert Rodriguez, 36, was arrested on suspicion of aggravated robbery. He took the woman’s phone, police said.

Rodriguez was taken in an ambulance from the 4600 block of West Freeway to a hospital, where he tried to get himself released without being seen, police said. 

The victim returned to a location on Hulen Street as officers were investigating and told them that a man matching Rodriguez’s description got into her car at another location and tried to force her to drive him to a hospital. The man got out of the car at Hulen and South Freeway.

Officers found Rodriguez had two phones on him at the hospital, police said. 

It would be difficult for 5 short paragraphs to make less sense. 
A man with a stab wound tried in west Fort Worth on Saturday night to force at gunpoint a woman to drive him to a hospital, police said.
Robert Rodriguez, 36, was arrested on suspicion of aggravated robbery. He took the woman’s phone, police said.
Rodriguez was taken in an ambulance from the 4600 block of West Freeway to a hospital, where he tried to get himself released without being seen, police said. 
The victim returned to a location on Hulen Street as officers were investigating and told them that a man matching Rodriguez’s description got into her car at another location and tried to force her to drive him to a hospital. The man got out of the car at Hulen and South Freeway.
Officers found Rodriguez had two phones on him at the hospital, police said. 
Read that earlier, newspaper writing has gotten so bad. Larry Sellers could have done a better job!

Starlite, Starbrite, you may get fucking shot tonight. 

Around the same time, shots were fired in the 3100 block of Alta Mere Drive in west Fort Worth.

Police were initially dispatched to a fight, which they believe escalated into a fatal shooting.

“It is further believed, a suspect who was armed with a gun, shot and killed a person at the scene,” a spokesperson from the police department said in an email. “At this time, the details surrounding this incident are still being investigated and the homicide detective(s) have been notified.” 

This pic made me laugh, Tomcats is no longer though. 

8633268-0.jpg

54 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Anybody got a locksmith rec?  We did a small renovation and we need two doors/deadbolts re-keyed.

Hi-Q Locksmith came out to our house (Arlington Heights) a couple of years ago when my wife locked her keys in the car. I felt they were prompt, and fair. 214-938-0368. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 12:01 PM, fwtxbevo said:

Hi-Q Locksmith came out to our house (Arlington Heights) a couple of years ago when my wife locked her keys in the car. I felt they were prompt, and fair. 214-938-0368. 

Great rec, he just came by this morning, on time right at 8am, re-keyed 4 locks (2 deadbolts and 2 knobs) in about 30 minutes and cost right about what I thought it would.

• Hook 'Em 1

Goddamn, I love stupid criminals. 

A man accused of flying a drone filled with drugs, phones, and mp3 players into a Fort Worth prison was arrested on Thursday.

Bryant LeRay Henderson, 42, was arrested at his home in Smithville and charged with one count of attempting to provide contraband in prison, one count of serving as an airman without an airman’s certificate, and one count of possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance, according to U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas Chad E. Meacham.

According to court documents, Henderson flew a drone into a fenced-in section of FMC Fort Worth just before midnight on Wednesday, May 4.

Prison staff recovered the drone, which had a package attached to it.

Inside the package, staff found 46 grams of crystal methamphetamine, 87 grams of pressed THC, two prepaid smartphones, and nine mp3 players, according to the Department of Justice.

"Contraband drone deliveries are quickly becoming the bane of prison officials’ existence. Illicit goods pose a threat to guards and inmates alike – and when it comes to cell phones, the threat often extends outside prison walls. We are determined to stop this trend in its tracks," said Meacham.

Surveillance video from O.D. Wyatt High school on the night of the incident showed a man in a red vehicle remove a drone and package from the truck, fly the drone towards the prison and drive off.

Two and a half weeks later, officers found the vehicle abandoned on the side of the road.

Henderson's debit card was found inside, along with a drone controller, according to court documents.

From the drone itself, investigators found flight logs, which included four flights over FMC Fort Worth's airspace and two over a federal prison in Seagoville.

If convicted, Henderson faces up to 45 years in prison.

dronepic.png

Edited by shadow_operative2.0

We've been waiting on this story to hit. 

A veterinarian who suffered critical injuries during a fight at a Fort Worth tavern died Saturday night at a local hospital in what authorities have ruled a homicide.

As of Tuesday, jail records did not indicate anyone arrested in connection with the death of Dr. Robert Bearden of Fort Worth.

Bearden, 66, died at 7:50 p.m. Saturday, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office website. His cause of death was blunt head trauma and it was a homicide, according to the medical examiner. 

An official at VCA Mercedes Place Animal Hospital in Benbrook, where Bearden had worked, declined to comment on Tuesday.

Fort Worth police responded at about 11:57 p.m. Friday to Woody’s Tavern, at 4744 Bryant Irvin Road, in regards to a fight. 

A police report states that a fight had occurred between two people, resulting in an injury, but it was unknown if anyone had a weapon.

When they arrived, officers found a man who had been knocked out. That man was later identified as Bearden. 

At that time, the other man had fled the scene, and it was unknown where he was and police did not have any information on where he had gone.

Bearden was taken to Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, where he died several hours later.

Detectives determined that Bearden and the other man were involved in a verbal and physical altercation at Woody’s Tavern that caused injury to the victim.

As of Tuesday, police had not released any details on a motive for the fight. 

Now they are leaving out a lot of shit. This guy... 

156418-D9-658-C-4861-8-BD0-0965-FF98-E80

Supposedly did it via headbutt. He has run Lone Star Oyster Bar around the corner for years, since his daddy owns it. 

This is ol' John's ex-wife & 'Dr. Bob's' daughter... 

9-C42202-A-B1-E4-487-C-9-F2-E-C0-A1-FDD6

So obviously something about the former marriage &/or kid led to this. 

Dr. Bob was a good vet for many years to lots of families here in Benbrook. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Finally tried Jesus BBQ, beef enchiladas were good94C64F84-F368-41CB-B44F-1953B948D726.thumb.jpeg.01516c88c4544bcc19742495571e546b.jpeg

Jesus bbq is a treasure I didn’t find until about four years ago. We usually get the TexMex to eat there with an order of fried chicken in the middle, take the leftovers home with a few fried pies.

This is a wonderful family story. I hope they own the property after all these years and can cash out and enjoy the fruits of years of hard work. They are a story of true Texas.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Bumping some old shit. 

On 12/4/2018 at 4:27 PM, Dr Fear said:

HA! We go to Shucker's sometimes after work.  I asked the older bartender woman (you would know the one I'm talking about if you have ever been in there) a few months ago when Chubby's was going to be back open and she told me probably never, because all the guys working on the place do is drink beer all day. 

On 12/4/2018 at 5:36 PM, spystud13 said:

Remember Chubby's old location farther east on CB? Well, that used to be Fairway Grill back in the day. Probably the best burger I've ever had in FW, just don't think the owners had a clue about the business side. 

On 12/4/2018 at 7:04 PM, DeepEastTexas said:

Great burger at Fairway Grill.  Chubby's was better there too.  The new location is/was always dark, cold, and for some reason the walls and floors were always wet.  The cigarette smoke mentioned in the article didn't help either. 

They gone. Drove by tonight, something called Jack's Place now. 

Ellerbe or Grace… what’s the call for nice dinner out? Or is it a coin flip

You can’t go wrong with either.

Ellerbe is probably our favorite restaurant in town. Go there 2-3 times a year and it’s always excellent.

Grace is also great but for some reason I forget it exists. Haven’t been since probably pre-Covid days. Need to fix that.

1 hour ago, royiv said:

WTF? Charged with injury to an elderly person? Seems like this should be a pretty open and shut case of homicide.

By definition it is a homicide, but he's yet to be charged. I assume it was going to be difficult to prove intent for murder, so I guess that's why FWPD sought a warrant for Injury to Elderly instead, since the victim was over the age of 65. However, this charge can be upgraded to a first degree felony under circumstances which I'm pretty sure were met. I did see he was charged with an Assault Bodily Injury-Family Member in 2012, but that case was dismissed.

On 8/20/2022 at 4:45 PM, JOSEYWALES66 said:

The corner spot in Montgomery Plaza that has been at least a dozen restaurants since MP was developed is once again going to be a restaurant.  The Goat and Vine is the latest version. Based on the construction, I’d guess at least sixty days out.  

So 120 days until it's closed again.