Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

No way I could live off Boat Club, but nice pool. I had to drive to Lake Country Christian Academy last week, it's those times I understand road rage. 

I google mapped Scooters. That is quite the angle for that crash.

Nice shop building. Mine is 600 sq ft, but that one looks bigger.

53 minutes ago, dmtx said:

Man, once in a lifetime one-liner setup for the home owners walking out to greet the person in the floating car rolling their window down.

6473 Camp Bowie was Wild Acre Brewing, that shit sure didn't last long. 

What # venture is this for Hollister, [mention=1717]Dr Fear[/mention]? 
It's a bit hard to parse through, but Wild Acre got sold last year and this restaurant was not part of the deal. It was sold to a third party so I guess it gets a new name and menu.

2 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Fear, you heard anything about the new Fred’s location? Be down there tomorrow and I’m in need of a burger 

Been there twice for weekday lunch, it is what you would expect. Can't speak for evenings.

Edited by Dr Fear

On 1/27/2023 at 12:54 PM, TornACL said:

Picked up Carshon's today for lunch.  Reuben and slice of coconut pie.

Still slams and goes hard in the paint.

I agree, but the chocolate pie with warm filling is simply too hard to resist.  God I hope this FW gem never goes away like so many have.

On 1/5/2023 at 12:50 PM, Dr Fear said:

Varsity has entered the Portal...

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article270804167.html

Reveal hidden contents

A sports bar in the West 7th entertainment district seems to have gone out of business, according to posts on social media. Varsity Tavern, located at 1005 Norwood St., remained closed during its regularly scheduled business hours Wednesday and photos circulating on social media earlier in the week appeared to show an email to Varsity Tavern employees saying the establishment would permanently close Jan. 2 and instructing employees where to pick up their final paychecks. The bar’s owners could not be reached for comment. Varsity hosted a New Year’s Eve extravaganza on Saturday, according to a Facebook post, and appears to have been open Sunday as well.

According to the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission, Varsity’s liquor permit was still active as of Tuesday afternoon. Varsity has been penalized four times since it opened in 2016 for selling alcoholic beverages to minors and once in March for selling an alcoholic beverage to an intoxicated person, according to TABC records. The business has paid a total of $4,800 in penalties. The establishment was the site of a shooting in May, when a gunman fired into a crowd outside and injured two people. Since November 2021 there have been at least four assaults and one unlawful possession of a weapon reported at the Varsity Tavern address, according to police records.

A federal lawsuit was also filed against Varsity Tavern in March 2020 alleging that the bar refused to serve a Black man.

New name, same shitbag owner. 

Fn7KTS0XEAEgEOO?format=jpg&name=large

10 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

That on-ramp from BI to 20W may be the worst in the city. Doubt it will be rectified anytime soon, but that right lane has badly needed repair for awhile. Hopefully it's not just a shit-ass temporary patch. 

The ramp is a pain but the real problem is sitting on the bridge on BI where two turn lanes exist.  After turning left there is always some a$$hole in the right lane who cuts over in front of the left lane that is merging causing a back up or worse, a wreck.  And having to yield on the ramp entering westbound I-20 when the lane is jammed up is truly one of the most remarkable failed engineering feats in TXDOT history.

• Like 1

Dayne's is one of my favorite bbq spots. I was at Russell Feed today, as I rolled by Dayne's, the line was only two deep. I turned in quickly, because I have yet to try their burger. It is a very good burger, but man, it doesn't beat the Heimburger. I love that bacon burn end jam on the Heimburger

52 minutes ago, dmtx said:

Dayne's is one of my favorite bbq spots. I was at Russell Feed today, as I rolled by Dayne's, the line was only two deep. I turned in quickly, because I have yet to try their burger. It is a very good burger, but man, it doesn't beat the Heimburger. I love that bacon burn end jam on the Heimburger

I almost went there today. Decided to just go to Camp Bowie Kincaid's instead. Hadn't been there in two weeks and was going thru withdrawals. 

Finally made it to Don Artemio today for lunch. Had the chef special, which was three small tostadas/tacos: 

1) Beef & Potato

2) Pulpo

3) Wagyu

This place fucking rules. 

if you like interior Mexican food, go. Of course it isn't cheap but I felt like I was back in Mexico City for an hour. I will be back.

• Hook 'Em 3