Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Any recs on where to watch the world cup final Saturday, since it starts at 10 AM? ATT has a shortage of wiring for cable apparently, so no TV for me until August. If that extends into football season, we are going to have problems...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

Any recs on where to watch the world cup final Saturday, since it starts at 10 AM? ATT has a shortage of wiring for cable apparently, so no TV for me until August. If that extends into football season, we are going to have problems...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Londoner in Colleyville or Addison.  It's a drive, but it's fun.

The Abbey might be open.  I haven't gone there for any of the World Cup matches this year, but it's the home of the Fort Worth Outlaws for the USMNT.  In 2014, that place was outstanding!

So, on Sunday around 4pm I am driving home down Montgomery (which is currently 2 lanes) toward Camp Bowie and I see police lights in the distance.  I drive further and come across 3 cops hitting their flashlights on the roof and windows of a car sitting at the light.  After about a minute they get the guys to open the doors.  The passenger tries to get out and immediately falls on the ground.  He looks absolutely hammered.  They immediately cuff both him and the driver.  The guys looked mid 20's.  I guess they passed out in the car at the light. At 4pm.

[pics in next post]

So, on Sunday around 4pm I am driving home down Montgomery (which is currently 2 lanes) toward Camp Bowie and I see police lights in the distance.  I drive further and come across 3 cops hitting their flashlights on the roof and windows of a car sitting at the light.  After about a minute they get the guys to open the doors.  The passenger tries to get out and immediately falls on the ground.  He looks absolutely hammered.  They immediately cuff both him and the driver.  The guys looked mid 20's.  I guess they passed out in the car at the light. At 4pm.
[pics in next post]
Pics:
f9865e269955293c85939514212a3900.jpgbd16993e82d4517466e09cfb11eb4451.jpg2cda20b575856ce040937e492419e6c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

On 7/17/2018 at 9:40 PM, TyphoonSe7en said:

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article215020995.html

Looks like La Grave might get a new lease on life. I can't believe they let it get so trashed over the last few years. Hopefully this works out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I drive past the ballpark every day and hope that someday baseball returns to Cowtown down on the Trinity.  Cats games were entertaining, the concessions affordable, and on the fourth of July, the best seats in town for fireworks.

The block was closed while the investigation unfolded. Several residents who couldn’t go home sat outside with lawn chairs and watched police work from a single shady spot below a tree.

Fortunately it was nice & balmy today for that shit. 

Oh yeah, beautiful day to sit out in the yard and watch the SWAT team.

These two fucking idiots give dumb criminals a bad name. 

The two men accused of trying to rob a Fort Worth bank and shooting three employees on Thursday have been identified.

Blake Taylor and Desmond J. Wells, both 24, are charged in federal court with bank robbery, according to a criminal complaint unsealed Monday.

The two men are accused of going into Veritex Community Bank, at 2424 Merrick St., and opening fire. They shot three women, who were all seriously injured, authorities said on Thursday.

The court document said both men allegedly walked into the bank lobby and pulled out handguns. One demanded money, and “almost immediately, both individuals fired shots at bank employees.”

Two tellers behind the counter and one employee seated at the center island were shot. They were hospitalized with serious injuries that weren’t considered life-threatening.

No money was given to the men, authorities said.

Both of them wore what appeared to be latex gloves during the attempted robbery and one carried what appeared to be a pillow case. One of them had a towel or shirt wrapped around his face, the document says.

A witness outside the bank saw the two men run from an alley near the bank building and then enter a white vehicle. The witness took a photo of the vehicle. The registration led police to the 5700 block of Blackmore Avenue, where three men were arrested.

Two of the men were eventually let go. The third man, Taylor, was arrested, the complaint says. Wells was arrested Friday afternoon.

After gaining a search warrant, investigators found a handgun inside the home on Blackmore Avenue with two rounds in the weapon. Those rounds were the same brand as the shell casings found inside the bank, the document says. Clothing that matched what the suspects wore along with blue latex gloves were found outside in the trash, the document says.

Taylor and Wells were given federal public defenders during a hearing on Monday.

The bank location will remain closed until further notice. The bank asks that customers use other Veritex locations at 2800 W. 7th St. or 3880 Hulen St. in Fort Worth.

The Fort Worth Police Department said it handed control of the investigation to the FBI. Neither agency will provide updates on the women’s conditions. Nor have the women’s identities been released.

• Like 1

These two fucking idiots give dumb criminals a bad name. 

The two men accused of trying to rob a Fort Worth bank and shooting three employees on Thursday have been identified.

Blake Taylor and Desmond J. Wells, both 24, are charged in federal court with bank robbery, according to a criminal complaint unsealed Monday.

The two men are accused of going into Veritex Community Bank, at 2424 Merrick St., and opening fire. They shot three women, who were all seriously injured, authorities said on Thursday.

The court document said both men allegedly walked into the bank lobby and pulled out handguns. One demanded money, and “almost immediately, both individuals fired shots at bank employees.”

Two tellers behind the counter and one employee seated at the center island were shot. They were hospitalized with serious injuries that weren’t considered life-threatening.

No money was given to the men, authorities said.

Both of them wore what appeared to be latex gloves during the attempted robbery and one carried what appeared to be a pillow case. One of them had a towel or shirt wrapped around his face, the document says.

A witness outside the bank saw the two men run from an alley near the bank building and then enter a white vehicle. The witness took a photo of the vehicle. The registration led police to the 5700 block of Blackmore Avenue, where three men were arrested.

Two of the men were eventually let go. The third man, Taylor, was arrested, the complaint says. Wells was arrested Friday afternoon.

After gaining a search warrant, investigators found a handgun inside the home on Blackmore Avenue with two rounds in the weapon. Those rounds were the same brand as the shell casings found inside the bank, the document says. Clothing that matched what the suspects wore along with blue latex gloves were found outside in the trash, the document says.

Taylor and Wells were given federal public defenders during a hearing on Monday.

The bank location will remain closed until further notice. The bank asks that customers use other Veritex locations at 2800 W. 7th St. or 3880 Hulen St. in Fort Worth.

The Fort Worth Police Department said it handed control of the investigation to the FBI. Neither agency will provide updates on the women’s conditions. Nor have the women’s identities been released.

Sound like master criminals for sure

im guessing glasses is the one that had the towel wrapped around his neck to cover up that sweet neck tattoo.
I feel like if you think bank robber might ever be a line of work that you might consider, you really should avoid the neck tattoo.

On my way to Petsmart in Montgomery Plaza, I saw the Bourbon Street Oyster House sign installed... it's coming soon.... that's going to be a really exciting 6 weeks!

In related news, Petsmart was full of smokeshows yesterday. Lord have mercy. It's like every hot in the neighborhood decided they needed to take their pet to Banfield on the same day.

Edited by TornACL

On my way to Petsmart in Montgomery Plaza, I saw the Bourbon Street Oyster House sign installed... it's coming soon.... that's going to be a really exciting 6 weeks!

It is so cute that they went to the effort of ordering a sign and all. Poor bastards probably think they'll still be open in two months.

• Like 1

BBQ on the Brazos & Smoke Pit both moving. Weird deal in Cresson, Brazos loses their lease in the Texaco, only to rebuild right next door to the BBQ joint that replaces them. 

Top-ranked BBQ in the Brazos will reopen by Sept. 1 next door to its former gas-station location, co-ownerJohn Sanford said this week.

The popular barbecue restaurant, the highest-rated in the Fort Worth area according to Texas Monthly, will reopen first as a trailer while building on the same lot, 9005 U.S. 377 East.

“We’re staying right we are,” Sanford said. “Only moving a few yards.”

He said he is also meeting with a Fort Worth developer about a possible city location. 

“But Cresson’s our home and it’ll be our main restaurant,” he said.

The new restaurant will be next door to competitor Rooster’s Bar-B-Q, a former Nashville and Granbury restaurant owned by former “Man v. Food” pitmaster Rooster Beane. It takes over the vacant space in the Texaco Plaza.

BBQ on the Brazos opened in 2013 after Sanford had cooked as a barbecue caterer and at a bistro on the Granbury square. He had previously owned a barbecue restaurant and cafe in Saginaw.

Texas Monthly first listed it in the “Top 25 New & Improved”barbecue stands, along with Billy’s Oak Acres BBQ and Heim Barbecue in Fort Worth and Meat U Anywhere BBQ in Grapevine and Trophy Club.

In the latest Top 50 ranking, BBQ on the Brazos tied for third overall in Dallas-Fort Worth, behind state-ranked Cattleack BBQ in Farmers Branch and Hutchins BBQ in McKinney.

Smoke Pit moving to Sammie’s

An old-time barbecue favorite is on the move.

The throwback Smoke Pit barbecue tavern near downtown will close soon after 56 years and merge with the even older Sammie’s nearby, according to workers at the Smoke Pit.

The Smoke Pit, 2401 E. Belknap St., is a dimly lit beer hall with a low ceiling and walls lined with neon beer signs. It will close sometime in August, workers said.

Sam Gibbins, a partner in the Smoke Pit, bought Sammie’s, 3801 E. Belknap St., last year. It has a newer building but a history dating to 1946.

Edited by spystud13

I looked on Google maps when I first read that and it seriously is right next to the Texaco. The poor bastards moving to the old spot in the Texaco won't stand much of a chance once BBQ on the Brazos is back up and running. Or if they are good maybe they will. What do I know?

I don't visit often, but the times I've been I've always enjoyed it. Brisket and ribs were always good. I just figured with their reputation in Cresson already being solid, this other bbq joint that couldn't make it in Granbury (a town with no BBQ to speak of) won't have much of a chance.

20 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Murder at the Como Food Mart on Horne. We did their cameras many moons ago, hopefully they’ve upgraded by now. 

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article215565035.html

A friend of mine who starts residency next year, said he wants to buy a place in como near bryant irvin, to live. he said its an upcoming area. I told him, you may not finish residency. I told him, you and your fiance will both make $50k a year in residency, look at river oaks and burton hill.

A friend of mine who starts residency next year, said he wants to buy a place in como near bryant irvin, to live. he said its an upcoming area. I told him, you may not finish residency. I told him, you and your fiance will both make $50k a year in residency, look at river oaks and burton hill.
Ability to walk right over to Colonial makes it a very upcoming area!