Adding to the pit bull argument

Beau Vine

On 8/24/2022 at 6:26 PM, cmontexas said:

I've seen some stupid posts on the internet in my time but the guy on here talking about dogs being good judges of character is wow, chefs kiss

Hmmm, yes and no.  I can only speak from my own experience,  but we've only owned Golden Retrievers and German Shepherds. Both breeds are considered extremely intelligent. Being in a rural area we have occasionally had strangers pull in to ask directions etc. Of course we know absolutely nothing about these people,  but the dogs act differently with differently with different people.  Our current GS, Rambo, if he "suspects " something awry, will gently growl when the person starts to approach the house and then put himself directly between ourselves (especially Mrs. Shooter) and the stranger. He's NEVER been outwardly aggressive towards anyone. There was one instance about a year ago where he was less at ease with a man asking for directions and it was obvious to me. One day later I heard sirens close by and drove down the road to check it out.  Well imagine my surprise when the stranger asking for directions had been caught trying to break into a  house nearby.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Deej said:

The only dog that ever bit me was a Golden. I was trying to break up two other dogs going at it and that fucker jumped in and grabbed my forearm. The scar still reminds me. 

See...that's what  we're talking about dogs judging character,  had you figured out right off, lol

Edited by SHOOTER12

5 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

See...that's what  we're talking about dogs judging character,  had you figured out right off, lol

Lol. Dog had a nervous issue. She was very upset she had done that. 

She would have fucked a little kid up, though. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

What does your pic have to do with the stat? Anyhow #8 is a pretty dog.

Its part of the pit bull advocacy kit - in response to any dog bite statistic - its implied that they are off because witnesses cant distinguish between breeds. Meanwhile, we see reports of those things taking down bulls, mauling babies and post office workers, and witnessing with our own eyes aggressive pit bulls ranging between 35-60 lbs.
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Its part of the pit bull advocacy kit - in response to any dog bite statistic - its implied that they are off because witnesses cant distinguish between breeds. Meanwhile, we see reports of those things taking down bulls, mauling babies and post office workers, and witnessing with our own eyes aggressive pit bulls ranging between 35-60 lbs.

This is no different from when gun humpers derail any discussion of common sense regulations with boring minutiae about how AR15 is actually a style. Nobody gives a shit about breed purity, least of all the ex-cons who hoard these animals.

• Like 1

Had a blue heeler and he was an awesome dog, but did not like it when the kids would do something they weren't supposed to and this was an issue when the kids were small.  Heelers can be nippy and that's obviously bad with toddlers.  We had to keep them separated.

Have a Pit/Pyrenees mix and he's the sweetest dog you'll ever meet.  Only complaints we get from visitors is that he's too affectionate.  A lot of this has to do with the owners and how they're trained.  There's a certain type of person who seeks out Pits and trains them to be aggressive.  

Of course YMMV

On 8/28/2022 at 1:23 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

Hmmm, yes and no.  I can only speak from my own experience,  but we've only owned Golden Retrievers and German Shepherds. Both breeds are considered extremely intelligent. Being in a rural area we have occasionally had strangers pull in to ask directions etc. Of course we know absolutely nothing about these people,  but the dogs act differently with differently with different people.  Our current GS, Rambo, if he "suspects " something awry, will gently growl when the person starts to approach the house and then put himself directly between ourselves (especially Mrs. Shooter) and the stranger. He's NEVER been outwardly aggressive towards anyone. There was one instance about a year ago where he was less at ease with a man asking for directions and it was obvious to me. One day later I heard sirens close by and drove down the road to check it out.  Well imagine my surprise when the stranger asking for directions had been caught trying to break into a  house nearby.

I don't have any idea what dogs experience.  But I've been in the presence of a couple of full blown psychopaths (and this was well before they committed crimes that landed them in prison) and I'm telling you, you can feel that they're dangerous, despite them doing nothing seemingly obvious to indicate it.  Every hair on my neck and arms stood up around those guys.

So I wouldn't be surprised at all if dogs can sense some kind malice.  Who knows what kind of energy we perceive from others that we're not consciously aware of.

• Hook 'Em 2

I should add to the above post, I've also been around people who gave off some immediate vibe that they were warm, loving and trustworthy people, and over time it became obvious they were great folks.  It's hard to describe.  But we have a lot more senses than the popular five.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fuck this POS owner. She should've been shot too. 

https://www.13abc.com/2021/11/22/graphic-three-dogs-shot-killed-by-officer-during-alleged-attack/

TOLEDO, Ohio (WTVG) - Three dogs, described by police as pit bulls, were shot and killed by a Toledo Police officer who was attempting to stop the animals from further injuring a man over the weekend.

According to police, officers were called to a dog attack in the 1000-block of Ewing Sunday morning. When they arrived, the officers found the dogs attacking Shawn Lothery, 52, while he was laying on the ground.

The owners of the dogs were unable to subdue them, according to police, which is why one officer fired three shots, killing each of the dogs. Officers then discovered the dogs had attacked a second person. Both victims were transported to Mercy Health St. Vincent’s Medical Center for treatment.

Video captured by witnesses and posted to social media shows that one dog was not immediately killed by the gunshot and officers did not fire a second shot to end its life more quickly.

That last sentence. Good, fuck that dog.

Here's the video. Warning: dog mauling, shitty dogs getting their rightful end, dumb bitch more worried about dogs than dude.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I haven't seen a news report of this, only read about it on social media...

Apparently, some lady decided to bring her tiny, fluffy, white lap dog into the San Marcos Wal-Mart.  '

Unfortunately, another of San Marcos's finest residents had also brought their pit bull into the Wal-Mart.

Pit sees the other dog, being carried by the woman, and goes after it.

Little dog ends up dead, woman goes to hospital with bites all over her arms, blood everywhere in Wal-Mart, and the pit and owner ran off before the cops get there. 

Edited by Beau Vine

35 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Apparently, some lady decided to bring her tiny, fluffy, white lap dog into the San Marcos Wal-Mart.  '

Unfortunately, another of San Marcos's finest residents had also brought their pit bull into the Wal-Mart.

Little dog ends up dead, woman goes to hospital with bites all over her arms, blood everywhere in San Marcos, and the pit and owner ran off before the cops get there. 

Is it legal to bring pets into Wal mart?  Fuck

man 

46 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Little dog ends up dead, woman goes to hospital with bites all over her arms, blood everywhere in San Marcos, and the pit and owner ran off before the cops get there. 

Had a dick head pit go after my girl's dog at a bar we both know. Owner thought it was cute and funny. 

Way to many shitty dogs coming in there lately. I never take mine there. And he loved going there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Fuck this POS owner. She should've been shot too. 

https://www.13abc.com/2021/11/22/graphic-three-dogs-shot-killed-by-officer-during-alleged-attack/

TOLEDO, Ohio (WTVG) - Three dogs, described by police as pit bulls, were shot and killed by a Toledo Police officer who was attempting to stop the animals from further injuring a man over the weekend.

According to police, officers were called to a dog attack in the 1000-block of Ewing Sunday morning. When they arrived, the officers found the dogs attacking Shawn Lothery, 52, while he was laying on the ground.

The owners of the dogs were unable to subdue them, according to police, which is why one officer fired three shots, killing each of the dogs. Officers then discovered the dogs had attacked a second person. Both victims were transported to Mercy Health St. Vincent’s Medical Center for treatment.

Video captured by witnesses and posted to social media shows that one dog was not immediately killed by the gunshot and officers did not fire a second shot to end its life more quickly.

That last sentence. Good, fuck that dog.

Here's the video. Warning: dog mauling, shitty dogs getting their rightful end, dumb bitch more worried about dogs than dude.

Holy shit, should have shot the dumb bitch too!

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Little dog ends up dead, woman goes to hospital with bites all over her arms, blood everywhere in Wal-Mart, and the pit and owner ran off before the cops get there. 

Both owners are POS. Leave your damn dog at home. If you are that co-dependent on the dog, stay your ass at home, too.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Leave your damn dog at home

Leave it at home if it's a piece of shit, but if you want to meet women who own their own homes, Lowes on a Saturday morning is the place to be, if you have really sweet and cute dogs. Particularly the Shoal Creek location. Just sayin'.

• Haha 1

Many years ago while on an evening walk with my Boykin Spaniel Daisy(rip), trained duck dog, we were charged by a large male pit. The thing just came out of nowhere between a couple of houses. I was able to yell at it and back it down, but honestly I feel like what saved us was that my dog was a female, otherwise we would've been attacked. The owners came out and were able to grab the dog. Fuck those people and that dog

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

This shit needs to be stopped too.

It's almost impossible to stop without inviting a potential lawsuit. Businesses aren't allowed to ask for proof. We're pretty much limited to asking them about the disability the dog is trained to assist and any reasonable answer makes them untouchable.

It's almost impossible to stop without inviting a potential lawsuit. Businesses aren't allowed to ask for proof. We're pretty much limited to asking them about the disability the dog is trained to assist and any reasonable answer makes them untouchable.

I know. It’s still bullshit. They’d be better off just keeping all of them out.
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Is it legal to bring pets into Wal mart?  Fuck

man 

I was in the Walmart across from AT&T Stafium, checking out, and some trashy dude in front of me had a dog that took a shit right there. He started to walk off. I stopped him, handed him a grocery sack and said, “Aren’t you going to pick that up?” 

He did (I’m actually not threatening or intimidating; just an asshole). 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 8/28/2022 at 4:58 PM, Deej said:

No. But I have seen a heeler grab one by its nose and bring it to its knees. Those dogs are fucking fearless. 

I have a young female blue heeler, Coona. She is on the small side of the breed standard at 34 lbs but she will chase a coyote away from the house, across a huge pasture into the woods in a heartbeat. It's funny to see her do that to one much bigger than she is. Fearless is a good word