The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

20 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So my son is watching the LEGO Freemaker Adventures, and holy shit the main Hutt character, Graballa the Hutt?, is voiced by the same guy who does Master Shake for Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and it's the same fucking voice.

It's driving me up the wall hearing that voice coming out of a Hutt's mouth.

Oh man, I'm gonna have to check this out now...

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Is it wrong that I'm gonna keep this next episode on ice Friday in case I need to find something else to watch about 12:30pm that afternoon

There’s way too much sunlight in my living room to probably watch Mando. I have to wait until after dark. 

I usually put it the game on mute and listen to some chill music when I’m certain Texas is going to lose. I’d recommend some Van Morrison after Purdy walks in for his third uncontested touchdown. 

Great ep. 

the episode details were leaked earlier this week and the leak was accurate. Rosario Dawson works well. She looks the part and her voice is close enough. The inflection is off a bit, e.g. when she asks where Thrawn is, but it’s serviceable. Her head tentacles look chewy, like they’re made of a soft candy. 

So far, Grogou’s path will appear to mirror Ezra’s insofar as he learns from a Jedi temple. I’m guessing Ezra or someone similar shows up, not Luke. 

• Like 1

Idk if we are doing spoilers or not

Filoni has such a good grasp of portraying the nuances in Star Wars. Towards the end we had a western style showdown with Mando and on the other side of the wall we got to see Ahsoka fight in a duel that was reminiscent of Akira kurosawa’s “The Hidden Fortress”, whom George Lucas was heavily inspired by. 

also, THE FUCKING THRAWN QUESTION!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

So glad I got 5 seasons into Clone Wars before this episode. It would not have been near as powerful.

Wait until you get to the last 4 episodes of season 7. Makes this entire season of the Mandalorian powerful. Also explains why I was so disappointed in the second episode this season. All that inertia from the first 9 installments of this series and we get an unexpected filler episode. 

I can only imagine that the cliffhanger this season will include either Ezra, the Grand Admiral himself, or Sabine. Maybe, just maybe, we get an appearance from Luke, but I doubt it. 

Holy shit Michael Biehn. Although he seemed like the Lee Corso version. 

It was a tall task to do right by animated Ahsoka, but by the end of the episode I was fully on board. Filoni handled her with care and Dawson is a good fit. 

And I think we likely don’t see her again but the question at the end of the duel sets her up for her own show.

AmbitiousHairyAfricanjacana-size_restric

giphy.gif

I've been preaching since Rebels that Filoni should've been in charge of the last 3 movies. Fuck Kennedy for hiring shitheads who have no love for the lore of the SW universe. Filoni is intent on making everything cannon that was great but deemed non-cannon. Filoni understands Star Wars and knows how to tell incredible Star Wars and the Jedi stories.

My only complaint is what I said about the last 4 eps of Clone Wars. Star Wars and especially feats and battles of Jedi are best depicted in animation. Ahsoka in the last season of Clone Wars is so much more powerful and badass than Ahsoka that we see in live action. Filoni simply cannot replicate human actors doing awesome Jedi shit that Jedis in animation can do. 

Regardless of that, I got the feels when Ahsoka took a long minute to stare at Grogu knowing that she's thinking of Yoda. Damn Filoni is a fucking WIZARD.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

AmbitiousHairyAfricanjacana-size_restric

giphy.gif

I've been preaching since Rebels that Filoni should've been in charge of the last 3 movies. Fuck Kennedy for hiring shitheads who have no love for the lore of the SW universe. Filoni is intent on making everything cannon that was great but deemed non-cannon. Filoni understands Star Wars and knows how to tell incredible Star Wars and the Jedi stories.

My only complaint is what I said about the last 4 eps of Clone Wars. Star Wars and especially feats and battles of Jedi are best depicted in animation. Ahsoka in the last season of Clone Wars is so much more powerful and badass than Ahsoka that we see in live action. Filoni simply cannot replicate human actors doing awesome Jedi shit that Jedis in animation can do. 

Regardless of that, I got the feels when Ahsoka took a long minute to stare at Grogu knowing that she's thinking of Yoda. Damn Filoni is a fucking WIZARD.

Kind of this. Ahoska is on God level by the last season of Clone Wars and some older lady gives her a good fight with a beskar spear. Uh what?