The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

13 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah there was a whole thing in Rebels where Kanan was teaching Sabine who to wield the dark saber and talked about this. Apparently there is something similar (but not exactly the same) with a Jedi and their lightsabers.

Maybe he needs to go get some Jedi focus to go with his Mando. 

This isn't the first time Din Djarin has struggled to wield the Darksaber. The same problems are visible in The Book of Boba Fett episode 5, and the Armorer explained this unusual lightsaber requires its wielder to be focused in mind and body. They need a singular focus, which is why Moff Gideon was able to use it with ease; he is dedicated to restoring the Empire across the galaxy.

https://screenrant.com/why-bo-katan-uses-darksaber-better-than-the-mandalorian/

Yeah there was a whole thing in Rebels where Kanan was teaching Sabine who to wield the dark saber and talked about this. Apparently there is something similar (but not exactly the same) with a Jedi and their lightsabers.

And then Rian/JJ had a stormtrooper and a leather jacket hold his own vs. Kylo.

Maybe he needs to go get some Jedi focus to go with his Mando. 
This isn't the first time Din Djarin has struggled to wield the Darksaber. The same problems are visible in The Book of Boba Fett episode 5, and the Armorer explained this unusual lightsaber requires its wielder to be focused in mind and body. They need a singular focus, which is why Moff Gideon was able to use it with ease; he is dedicated to restoring the Empire across the galaxy.

https://screenrant.com/why-bo-katan-uses-darksaber-better-than-the-mandalorian/

In other words no parent can wield the darksaber, and no line of succession can be established. Great plan.

18 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

I think she already got it when Mando lost it and she wielded it successfully. We'll see i guess.

When he recovered, it was one of the items he grabbed as he geared back up. She didn’t win it in a fight, so she didn’t keep possession. 

On 3/10/2023 at 11:33 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

If Mando dies in Grogu’s arms, time to check myself into an out patient clinic for a couple weeks. 

Then grogu goes back to Luke to learn the force to seek revenge on din’s killers.  Light/dark side struggle commences.  

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Finally watched the first episodes.

After Andor, this show doesn’t really cut it any longer. It’s pretty tedious and was only kinda interesting when Bo-Katan was on the screen.

Yup.

Better than nothing, sure, but the difference between the two is remarkable.  I randomly pulled up an Andor episode after finishing Mandalorian ep. 2 and it was like night and day.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

After Andor, this show doesn’t really cut it any longer. It’s pretty tedious and was only kinda interesting when Bo-Katan was on the screen.

1 hour ago, Welch said:

Better than nothing, sure, but the difference between the two is remarkable.  I randomly pulled up an Andor episode after finishing Mandalorian ep. 2 and it was like night and day.

It’s like watching Game of Thrones versus watching Xena Warrior Princess.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

One thing that bugs me is how they trashed a bit of world building they did with the Razor Crest. Early on they showed that it was a ship you lived on. It had bunks and a shitter. That makes a lot of sense. Traveling takes time and you’ve gotta sleep at some point. Now, he’s gonna travel the galaxy in a one seater with a baby on his lap?

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

One thing that bugs me is how they trashed a bit of world building they did with the Razor Crest. Early on they showed that it was a ship you lived on. It had bunks and a shitter. That makes a lot of sense. Traveling takes time and you’ve gotta sleep at some point. Now, he’s gonna travel the galaxy in a one seater with a baby on his lap?

And the Razor Crest had character.  One of the things they really got right with the first season - it 100% felt like a ship you lived in.  Maybe they decided they cared more about him on various planets I guess.

• Like 1

Grogu can’t be picking up fine tail in a family van like the Razor Crest.

He needs a rat rod, kid already has the shifter of choice installed on it. Eventually he’ll probably replace that top hat carb filter and put a carb scoop if he really wants those sublight thrusters to really put on a smoke show!

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Very odd episode.  I have no clue how the Coruscant segment fits in with the overall arc of the season.  I'm guessing its connected to the Empire/First Order(?) presence we see early in the episode, but it's not obvious.  

That’s the scientist that was working on cloning and wanted Grogu to experiment on. He worked for Gideon.  Do any of you out your phones down long enough to pay attention?

I’m guessing Gideon/imperial forces are trying to get him back in the fold to continue his work. 

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

That’s the scientist that was working on cloning and wanted Grogu to experiment on. He worked for Gideon.  Do any of you out your phones down long enough to pay attention?

I’m guessing Gideon/imperial forces are trying to get him back in the fold to continue his work. 

Who was the chick doe. She kinda sexy. Not sure why. I might be horny. 

but I’ve seen her before somewhere. Was it this show too ?

2 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

…or Gideon was telling the truth on S2 finale that he already had what he needed from Grogu and they were on to the next phase of Snoke cloning/Palpatine body recreation and this was tying off loose ends by frying the scientist’s brain?

3 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

The guy had his mind erased, how’s he gonna continue his work?

55 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

…or Gideon was telling the truth on S2 finale that he already had what he needed from Grogu and they were on to the next phase of Snoke cloning/Palpatine body recreation and this was tying off loose ends by frying the scientist’s brain?

This. She zapped his brain so he can’t tell the New Republic what he was doing. 

To me it felt more like Clone Wars than anything else. Not a bad episode, but a completely different feel than anything they have done so far. I came here for space western stuff, but it seems we have outgrown that and are now doing Clone Wars type stuff, which is fine as long as they stick to the important stuff and not any kind of filler going forward. I'm not sure why, but I definitely got a Clone Wars sisters vibe from that chick as well.

7 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

6 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

For fuck sake. She was the comms officer. She said it in the goddamn episode. 

image.jpeg.9da7eebce04339414d71dc2639032416.jpeg

This is the way (apparently):

Respond Still Waiting GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

I get they from the show. 

I was still trying to figure out how/why 15 tie fighters came outta no where. 

and then the next 30 mins was something totally outta left field. 
she had twist written all over it. But i couldn’t figure out why. 

then back to the mandos. And bo felt like she has a purpose now. 

maybe her and visla will space smash for bloodlines and families