The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

Damn.  Carl Weathers got a stew goin’.  That was a fun episode.  

Not filler at all.  Din, Bo-Katan and Grogu building bonds with this covert - that’s gotta come up big later in the season.  Bo-Katan and Grogu getting new armor pieces.   A bit of Grogu’s rescue story.  All good shit. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I guess the Mandalorian hangout is basically Space Australia where everything wants to kill you. And they are basically space rednecks just standing around randomly blasting at the water.

My first thought is that they have some shitty range discipline.  And maybe if you don’t make all that noise, raptors will stop stealing your kids.  

I’m 5 minutes into this episode and a random thought entered my head. Didn’t djin get all new gear with the beskar he got for that first mission?  And didn’t the armorer make it for him?  So how does he swap helmets without taking one off first?

if not new, it gets polished up. 

well I guess the episode answered for me not long after. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Damn.  Carl Weathers got a stew goin’.  That was a fun episode.  

Not filler at all.  Din, Bo-Katan and Grogu building bonds with this covert - that’s gotta come up big later in the season.  Bo-Katan and Grogu getting new armor pieces.   A bit of Grogu’s rescue story.  All good shit. 

This. Everything work for me except: 

Spoiler

Dragon foundlings. How dafuq is that supposed to work?

• Like 1

So Bo Katan really is the convert. That wasn't for show. Sounds like she really had a religious experience with seeing the mythosaur. That was a very Rebel-esque episode. I didn't think it was filler. If you told 8 year old me that someday I'd see an episode of TV with 50 Boba Fetts, I would've eaten that up. I'm fine with seeing Mandalorians doing Mandalorian things. This is the way. 

Happy for Ahmed Best. That poor soul has gone through a lot because of the fan base. I'm glad he came out of it okay and didn't end up like Jake Lloyd. One thing you can't shit on the Disney era of Star Wars is making things right for those who were shit on because of George's terrible writing and directing. They need to get Natalie Portman on as a female Jedi or badass alien so she too can have a redemption. Or just have her in that outfit from the dinner scene in AOTC. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

Wow who knew all of you would get so triggered by someone expressing an opinion.

Major Payne GIF

This season so far is kind of a mess and a bit aimless. I have high hopes that it’s purely bc they had to drop the early part to salvage BOBF, so a bit disjointed in the first half, and it’s truly leading somewhere good in the back half of the season.  The Grogu Order 66 part was beyond the best part of the episode, 100%

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So Bo Katan really is the convert. That wasn't for show. Sounds like she really had a religious experience with seeing the mythosaur. That was a very Rebel-esque episode. I didn't think it was filler. If you told 8 year old me that someday I'd see an episode of TV with 50 Boba Fetts, I would've eaten that up. I'm fine with seeing Mandalorians doing Mandalorian things. This is the way. 

Happy for Ahmed Best. That poor soul has gone through a lot because of the fan base. I'm glad he came out of it okay and didn't end up like Jake Lloyd. One thing you can't shit on the Disney era of Star Wars is making things right for those who were shit on because of George's terrible writing and directing. They need to get Natalie Portman on as a female Jedi or badass alien so she too can have a redemption. Or just have her in that outfit from the dinner scene in AOTC. 

AJ Soprano is doing just fine sir. 

image.jpeg.0b323a81b7e1cc7dba8f31d5b5721069.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Eh I don’t blame George — shit happens and sometimes your vision doesn’t work out like you initially thought. For me it’s the stupid fan base that thinks it’s okay to bully an individual into almost committing suicide. George doing a bad job at writing shouldn’t have given the fan base a right to do what they did. 

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

Wow who knew all of you would get so triggered by someone expressing an opinion.

Major Payne GIF

This season so far is kind of a mess and a bit aimless. I have high hopes that it’s purely bc they had to drop the early part to salvage BOBF, so a bit disjointed in the first half, and it’s truly leading somewhere good in the back half of the season.  The Grogu Order 66 part was beyond the best part of the episode, 100%

Man it's star wars lmfao. Stop being such a critic and enjoy the space libertarians 

Okay I just watched the last episode and I have no idea what the fuck most of you are talking about. (I’m not a Star Wars canon dork ). 

The black Jedi in this episode, played by Ahmed Best, was a 2-part story.

The story in canon and then a redemption story for Ahmed Nest who played JarJar Binks in the prequels. He was bullied by Star Wars fans mercilessly back then. He had a minor cameo in one of the sequels but they gave him a bigger part this week.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

The black Jedi in this episode, played by Ahmed Best, was a 2-part story.

The story in canon and then a redemption story for Ahmed Nest who played JarJar Binks in the prequels. He was bullied by Star Wars fans mercilessly back then. He had a minor cameo in one of the sequels but they gave him a bigger part this week.

Not just bullied - Best has spoken at length how it nearly drove him to suicide. It's a wonderful feel-good story of rehabilitation with and within a community to see him back on screen being a hero to a beloved character

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Yeah it’s so strange, I hated JarJar and he still annoys me in the prequels but I don’t think I ever felt that level of vitriol like “this actor ruined my life!” Jeesh.

And on the flip side, my 17yo daughter was saying she didn’t have a problem with JarJar, she thought his role was fine as a goody sidekick.

My 11yo son said he thought he was funny, he liked him in phantom menace. Which is his second favorite movie behind RotJ, with another set of favorites, the Ewoks.(whom I disliked a lot)

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, mdmost said:

Yeah I'm loving the Bo Kotan stuff this season.

I can't decide if she's *really* buying in to the Children of the Watch stuff, or if she's biding her time and more or less "using" them to get herself back in to a position of "ruling" Mandalore again... although that certainly means something different than it did during the Clone Wars era.

Never the less... I'm not 100% certain on her motivations just yet...

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Yeah it’s so strange, I hated JarJar and he still annoys me in the prequels but I don’t think I ever felt that level of vitriol like “this actor ruined my life!” Jeesh.

And on the flip side, my 17yo daughter was saying she didn’t have a problem with JarJar, she thought his role was fine as a goody sidekick.

My 11yo son said he thought he was funny, he liked him in phantom menace. Which is his second favorite movie behind RotJ, with another set of favorites, the Ewoks.(whom I disliked a lot)

Jar Jar was explicitly put in as comic relief that would score well with kids. That's why we all hated him and kids who grew up on the PT enjoyed or didn't mind him. Just like when we were kids and thought Jedi was great. The Ewoks were a large part of that. Adults hated them. I do think the blowback shows that portions of the fanbase has always kinda sucked when the internet got up and going. Lucas always seemed to really take the criticism hard and still seems bitter. With Ahmed Best, it was also how the media reacted to him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

…or if she's biding her time and more or less "using" them to get herself back in to a position of "ruling" Mandalore again... although that certainly means something different than it did during the Clone Wars era.

Ding ding! She needs a support base to reclaim the throne. She can have religious zealots, dark sabre, and a mythosaur among her assets. She’ll be getting in cozy with Grogu too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

My wife and I are split on Bo Katan.

She feels it’s all a ruse to rule mandalore.

I feel like she’s had a rebirth and is buying into all that hokey religions and ancient weapons nonsense. Which is why she failed every time before to lead mandalore.

Your are correct, but don't tell your wife 

Just now, Murfdogg21 said:

Grogu’s going to look funny when he starts speaking his backwards Yoda english and they throw a Mando helmet on his head. 

I thought it would have been funny if the kid Grogu was going against asked how are they even gonna get a helmet on his head with those radar ears. 

6 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Yeah, my kids like the prequels and are fine with Jar Jar (stepping in the poop makes them groan, but not angry).  He's not by any means their favorite character, but they are hyper-focused on Anakin and Obi-Wan. 

Hell, I appreciate the prequels a bit now that we've had the sequels.  Even the RedLetterMedia guys softened on the prequels a bit after the sequels came out.

18 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Yeah she started a revolution against her own sister which indirectly led to her sister’s murder. Y’all think she won’t flip on these people as soon as she gets her throne and main crew back?

This is kind of where I'm at.

Bo Kotan has mostly been considered "good" within the Mando show, but she certainly wasn't that (at least initially) in Clone Wars. She's always been a gray character who is mostly self-interested.

The Mandalorians in this battle seemed different and more hardcore than what we’ve previously seen from them in this season. The jumping out of the ship and clearing the streets was awesome. That one casually popping an injured pirate in the head like it was nothing surprised me a bit. I dunno, they just seemed more badass this episode. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Levi said:

The Mandalorians in this battle seemed different and more hardcore than what we’ve previously seen from them in this season. The jumping out of the ship and clearing the streets was awesome. That one casually popping an injured pirate in the head like it was nothing surprised me a bit. I dunno, they just seemed more badass this episode. 

I wonder if they felt more motivated by Din telling them it could be their new home. 

• Hook 'Em 1