The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

46 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

So, the last episode was The Spies, yet we only saw one spy...I wonder if that will come back next season? Or maybe in Ahsoka since we know there will be at least one Mandalorian. 

The Spies were the friends we made along the way (stolen from Screencrush).

I enjoyed it. F'ing Mandos fighting Imperial Mandos. The Pratoreans trying to get Grogu and then getting their asses handed to them. Axes Woves being a badass. The Armorer acting like Thor with her hammer. The way the Tie Interceptors dropped down like bats. The western ending where Din and Grogu retired to the home on the range. I would've loved a Thrawn tease but we're not too far away from Ahsoka. I'm glad Moff Gideon is done as well. Was a bit moustache twirling at the end. A little too hamfisted with Giancarlo's acting. I love that all the theories were wrong on the spies or traitors. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

I just discovered that the D+ app blocks you from screenshots on your phone. I want a good red picture of Bo and the Armorer when Bo first draws the Darksaber, and then one of the armorer when she connects. Those were both awesome shots.

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

Bo Katan. You’re reinforcements have arrived. 

FuD6zvnXsAAojXy?format=jpg&name=large

FuD-1Z2acAAUMUy?format=jpg&name=large

FuD6zvpWwAEZFB1?format=jpg&name=large

FuD-G59aAAEXLjp?format=jpg&name=large

FuD-G5-aUAAbS0Z?format=jpg&name=large

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

And what happened to the injured Mandos that the armorer took up to the main ship?  Did they leave them on the ship because they certainly didn't jet pack down to the drop ships.

The front portion of the ship has at least 4 seats. When Bo was flying Din and Grogu around, they were all in the front cockpit with her. Pretty sure last week showed the injured up front with her. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why did he make his clones old like him?

I don't think they were supposed to "old" like him, just adults. The close shot of the one opening his eyes looked like a "de-aged" Gus to me, so I was just assuming they were supposed to be the equivalent of their mid-20s or so?

He's been working on this project in secret for several years so maybe "age acceleration" has advanced since the original Clone army was created some 40ish years prior?

So in total, Filoni basically took Dark Forces I & II along with Jedi Outcast and wrote out Kyle Katarn. Lol

He re-introduced dark troopers and teased the “dark Jedi” as clone Gideons.

My daughter and I commented to each other that Grogu pulled a Kanan-maneuver to save them.

Solid finale, Mando and Grogu are now a Din family.

Bring me Ahsoka and Thrawn!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hornian said:

I rolled my eyes at Moff Gideon just giving away his evil plan. “My DNA plus the force! Whatever could go wrong?”

Sidenote - this is a major plot point of the Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Outcast games: darktrooper armor and giving the force to non force users. Only difference is that these darktrooper use Beskar instead of Cortosis ore [/turbonerd]

2 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

So in total, Filoni basically took Dark Forces I & II along with Jedi Outcast and wrote out Kyle Katarn. Lol

And the Heir to the Empire trilogy.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Sidenote - this is a major plot point of the Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Outcast games: darktrooper armor and giving the force to non force users. Only difference is that these darktrooper use Beskar instead of Cortosis ore [/turbonerd]

Crossposting from the VG forum, somebody added VR to JK2

Turn your sound up or down depending on if at work.  20-year old video game gore and stormtrooper screams.

4 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

What if the Moff Gideon we watched die......was a Clone Gideon?

Yeah he had full size clones. Also, we never saw “him” DIAF. 

This season had less happen and a bit of a Temple of Doom feel (asking “did this actually impact anything?”). We got two episodes on space pirates that did nothing but offer one mission for Bo Katan to work with the cultists. We had the cloning nerd rehab on Coruscant episode, but wiping his mind (and everything related the covert lady boy haircut stooge and Tim Meadows) are now seemingly moot since Gideon and his clones are  “dead” and his secret base was destroyed. Grogu got no further along as a Jedi. He got to play Krang sitting in his robot body for a bit but then that IG-12 thing got destroyed. The Mythosaur never came out of the pond. Thrawn was teased but never shown. S3 summary:

- Bo Katan gained respect of Armorer and her cult, then regained dark saber from Din Djarin, then got other Mando bounty hunter faction to follow her again. 
- Moff Gideon was trying to make dark force wielding clones of himself, but he and they are now dead. 
- Paz Vizla died by a couple red dudes Rey will later destroy. 
- Mandos ran Imperials out of the caverns of Mandalore and retook the planet.

- Mando got himself a little piece of land for him and his boy to live on peacefully - No Jedi (except Jar Jar Binks dude), no Ahsoka, no Ghost crew, no Thrawn, no OT characters.

This season could have been summarized in an email. Ravi Patel Comedy GIF by CBS

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Yeah he had full size clones. Also, we never saw “him” DIAF. 

This season had less happen and a bit of a Temple of Doom feel (asking “did this actually impact anything?”). We got two episodes on space pirates that did nothing but offer one mission for Bo Katan to work with the cultists. We had the cloning nerd rehab on Coruscant episode, but wiping his mind (and everything related the covert lady boy haircut stooge and Tim Meadows) are now seemingly moot since Gideon and his clones are  “dead” and his secret base was destroyed. Grogu got no further along as a Jedi. He got to play Krang sitting in his robot body for a bit but then that IG-12 thing got destroyed. The Mythosaur never came out of the pond. Thrawn was teased but never shown. S3 summary:

- Bo Katan gained respect of Armorer and her cult, then regained dark saber from Din Djarin, then got other Mando bounty hunter faction to follow her again. 
- Moff Gideon was trying to make dark force wielding clones of himself, but he and they are now dead. 
- Paz Vizla died by a couple red dudes Rey will later destroy. 
- Mandos ran Imperials out of the caverns of Mandalore and retook the planet.

- Mando got himself a little piece of land for him and his boy to live on peacefully - No Jedi (except Jar Jar Binks dude), no Ahsoka, no Ghost crew, no Thrawn, no OT characters.

This season could have been summarized in an email. Ravi Patel Comedy GIF by CBS

what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, NorthLoop said:

Gideon is dead. We'll probably get a new season of random adventures that builds towards a new baddie that will be the center of the storyline for the following season. 

Yep. It follows the typical Filoni formula. Rebels season formula was going up against the Grand Inquisitor, Vader, Maul/Thrawn, Thrawn. 

Did anyone else feel like the ending set up almost as a series finale? It felt like we could end it that way if Pedro can't come back soon and they can just do the one or two off episodes like Book of Boba had if they need to catch us up on Din and Grogu before the Filoni crossover movie happens. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Couple of wannabe Drinkers in here.

The spy was the imperial spy.

The red guys being tough but not too tough for a Jedi is consistent. 1 dark trooper took mando to the wire and only his armor saved him. Luke fuckstomped the rest without breaking a sweat or even heavy breathing from exertion.

The armorer as the spy never made sense. It was the imps that found and killed off her hidden clan. Then she rebuilt it. Had to kick out Mando due to him breaking the rules even though she was trying to rebuild.

And every story could be summarized to some degree; good guys win.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yep. It follows the typical Filoni formula. Rebels season formula was going up against the Grand Inquisitor, Vader, Maul/Thrawn, Thrawn. 
Did anyone else feel like the ending set up almost as a series finale? It felt like we could end it that way if Pedro can't come back soon and they can just do the one or two off episodes like Book of Boba had if they need to catch us up on Din and Grogu before the Filoni crossover movie happens. 

Yes I felt like that was a “just for in case” finale.

This allows Filoni to put this series to rest if he has to, create the “Rebel Din Duo mercenary action stories”, or just put them into his other spin-offs as mini-arcs like Filoni does all the time.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Would have been a great series finale. Yes. 

1 hour ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Jesus Chris, some of y'all would complain about getting a bj from a seven. It was an entertaining season that told us a lot more of the story of Mandalore and filled in a lot of background for the surrounding universe.  

Maybe for the Star Wars nerds. But as a casual fan, it really wasn't an entertaining season. It was a slog - the "Bo Katan" season. And she's boring. And Moff Gideon was a clown of a bad guy. And not much happened to the two characters we care most about. IMO, it was exponentially the worst season of the series, on par with Bobba Fett. But that's just my opinion. Glad others liked it. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Would have been a great series finale. Yes. 

I don't think a fanbase can be expected to continue to have multiple cliff-hangers.  The Ashoka lives? question went on for a long time.  Ezra/Thrawn is still the major question for fans right now.  And it seems like Mando has earned some rest and recovery time.   Mandalore is still pretty fucked up and in need of repair, recruiting, and securing from the monsters that have moved in.  

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

this should never be an issue.  pedro can do his entire character from an adr booth.

While watching the various breakdown shows like screencrush and whatnot, I stumbled across this channel and I gotta say, it’s pretty damn funny. I guess it’s fairly new but I’m not sure.

This link goes back to the Boba Fett series but it provides a good sampling of the humor.

Qui-Gonn, Obi Wan, and Anakin watch party...

🤣🤣🤣

• Hook 'Em 2

I think Din missed the Beskar spear in the Season 3 finale. He wrecked Gideon with it in their previous encounter. I know the Armorer said a Beskar weapon was forbidden and they melted it down for a mesh shirt for the little guy, but Din needs a new weapon to level the playing field. He’s not a particularly good fighter with his hands and a blaster. Effective sure, but he get ass whipped plenty. 

On 4/19/2023 at 9:52 PM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

So, the last episode was The Spies, yet we only saw one spy...I wonder if that will come back next season? Or maybe in Ahsoka since we know there will be at least one Mandalorian. 

On 4/19/2023 at 10:45 PM, mdmost said:

The Spies were the friends we made along the way (stolen from Screencrush).

I enjoyed it. F'ing Mandos fighting Imperial Mandos. The Pratoreans trying to get Grogu and then getting their asses handed to them. Axes Woves being a badass. The Armorer acting like Thor with her hammer. The way the Tie Interceptors dropped down like bats. The western ending where Din and Grogu retired to the home on the range. I would've loved a Thrawn tease but we're not too far away from Ahsoka. I'm glad Moff Gideon is done as well. Was a bit moustache twirling at the end. A little too hamfisted with Giancarlo's acting. I love that all the theories were wrong on the spies or traitors. 

On 4/21/2023 at 9:45 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Episode title was “the spies” I believe. 

It was a biblical reference, not an espionage reference. The Twelve Spies dispatched by Moses to find a home for the Israelites.

Edited by ultimaton
  • Hook 'Em 3

That was a cool finale. Grogu using the force to defeat Gideon and protect Din and Bo Katan, Mandos take back their planet and restart the forge, I expect they'll be a force in the universe going forward. Cheesy ending, very Star Wars, I enjoyed the heck out of this season. 

• Hook 'Em 2