The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

20 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Wow that is super-fucking-nerdy.

But kinda cool.

Without thinking about it, I may have worn this t-shirt to a group playdate with all of the kids in my daughter's kindergarten class.  But I was definitely thinking about it afterward.  I got some looks from other parents.  Some good, some...not sure.

MADN520__77226.1677900491.jpg?c=2

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Din missed the Beskar spear in the Season 3 finale. He wrecked Gideon with it in their previous encounter. I know the Armorer said a Beskar weapon was forbidden and they melted it down for a mesh shirt for the little guy, but Din needs a new weapon to level the playing field. He’s not a particularly good fighter with his hands and a blaster. Effective sure, but he get ass whipped plenty. 

I don't think Gideon had a powered Beskar suit in the first fight.  He had robot strength this time.

Just binged all episodes and I enjoyed the season a lot. Maybe not being a Star Wars nerd made it better, but I thought it was fun. Following along with this thread while watching it was almost as fun, cause the babies were having a tough time. My favorite post and a legit laugh out loud moment:

"My daughter loves Lizzo and loves The Mandalorian, and she HATED that episode!" 

Lmao

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I decided to rewatch The Clone Wars (also keeping track of which episodes are the most skippable, as most guides filter out some 30% of the content, when I'd prefer to watch all but the most worthless episodes), and I'm at season 2 episode 12, the start of the Deathwatch Arc. Interestingly, the helmets used by the Deathwatch are essentially the same form as the one Din Djarin has in The Mandalorian. 

s6exi12vsjbz.jpg

It's one of those things that makes you appreciate how much Dave Filoni pays attention to keeping small details consistent. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-and-grogu

20240109-sw-featured-c_05262ca8.jpeg?reg

The Mandalorian and Grogu are embarking on a new adventure — to movie theaters.

Directed by Jon Favreau, and produced by Favreau, Kathleen Kennedy, and Dave Filoni, The Mandalorian & Grogu will go into production in 2024.

“I have loved telling stories set in the rich world that George Lucas created,” said Favreau. “The prospect of bringing the Mandalorian and his apprentice Grogu to the big screen is extremely exciting.”

"Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni have ushered into Star Wars two new and beloved characters, and this new story is a perfect fit for the big screen," added Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm.

The Mandalorian & Grogu will lead Lucasfilm's ongoing feature-development slate, including films helmed by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, James Mangold, and Dave Filoni, who is also currently developing Ahsoka Season 2, among those in the works.

This is the Way. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

So is this a sign they aren't happy with movie revenue in general at Disney, and want to boost it?

Clearly.  Ashoka season 2 + Mando/Grogu movie (in lieu of season 4) to lead into Filoniverse movie. 

• 3 weeks later...

Good news, everyone!

Season 4 is written, AND the movie goes on too.

https://www.cbr.com/the-mandalorian-season-4-release-plot-cast/

Season 4 is written, was completed during season 3 post, before the strike. 2025 release anticipated.

Luccasfilm has reserved release dates for May and December of 2026, and December 2027. One of those will presumably be the New Jedi Order (aka, what would be Ep 10).

• Hook 'Em 3