The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

Yeah the more I think about it that really does seem to often be the case. Dune is another good example: Caladan, Arrakis, Giedi Prime.

It is really most sci fi shows/movies and some of the books I have read are consistent. I guess it is just easier to create a setting like that instead of competing worlds which have similar resources and variabilities. Plus I guess it allows for the need of some stupid looking aliens with dumb features that are about as useful as ass crack hair. Still so few insect like aliens that make sense.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had just finished shopping at my local Costco yesterday and the lines for the open checkout lanes were long (I had too much stuff to use self checkout).  I get in a line and see that David - a guy who is a gym friend of my son - is working and assisting with the checkout lane next to the line I'm in.  As we are next in line to checkout, I look over at David's lane and he's helping a young boy - probably around 5-6 years old - climb down from the cart he's on without tripping over all their merchandise.  David is chatting with the boy and asks him who he is and the boy proudly (and loudly) declares that he is the Mandalorian!  The boy has a grin that fills the room.  David is playing along and the kid goes on telling him about life as the Madalorian.  I hadn't noticed it initially, but I then see that the kid is dressed in a Mandalorian outfit (Halloween costume I presume).  It was really funny/cute to see/hear.  Probably doesn't translate well as a forum post, but it was just one of those moments you notice in life that make you smile.

/csb

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...