The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

My body is ready for a full Mandalore revival story. Interesting that the trailers didn't show Bo-Katan. Shirley they deal with her and her past with the Darksaber.

The early trailers showed Bo-Katan sitting on the same throne from The Clone Wars episodes featuring Mandalore. Specifically, the same throne room and throne where Maul and Ahsoka fought. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Nivek said:

That Overlord (doomcock) guy on Youtube suggested that they wanted Grogu to train with Luke and let Mando move on.  However, because Grogu is the leading merchandise product they are moving from the show, they forced them to keep Grogu in the series. 

Sounds sort of bullshitty. Mando is Grogu's dad. It would really piss people off if he just left him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Sounds sort of bullshitty. Mando is Grogu's dad. It would really piss people off if he just left him. 

It 100% sounds like FanBoy message board garbage.

Like how does Grogu not continuing on the show eliminate merchandising?  They still sell stuff related to the original Star Wars movie that is damn near 50 years old now, but people aren’t going to buy Grogu stuff if he left the show in 2019? LOL ok nerds.

• Hook 'Em 2

You guys have got to stop taking stock in what douchebags on YouTube are speculatively posting about anything Lucasfilm related. Is it possible that they brought Grogu back because of merchandising, sure. I doubt it though given they make merchandise for individual movies to this day that sell like the Ewoks from Jedi and tauntauns from Empire. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You guys have got to stop taking stock in what douchebags on YouTube are speculatively posting about anything Lucasfilm related. Is it possible that they brought Grogu back because of merchandising, sure. I doubt it though given they make merchandise for individual movies to this day that sell like the Ewoks from Jedi and tauntauns from Empire. 

Exactly my point.

It makes way more sense that they brought him back because having the two of them together is one of the things that makes the show awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I was just sharing it. It seemed like the story had a lone wolf and cub (no Kevin) element to it from the outset.

Doomcock and a lot of other YouTubers in the OMG THEY RUINED MY CHILDHOOD are played out.  I swear, the "rumors"  he keeps "breaking" are the same fucking rumors he was talking about a year and two and three years ago.

He was funny for a while, and I liked the schtick (MST3K vibes) but he needs to move on.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Doomcock and a lot of other YouTubers in the OMG THEY RUINED MY CHILDHOOD are played out.  I swear, the "rumors"  he keeps "breaking" are the same fucking rumors he was talking about a year and two and three years ago.

He was funny for a while, and I liked the schtick (MST3K vibes) but he needs to move on.

That is fair.  

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Yes. Those episodes are season 2.5. 

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yes.

They are essentially standalone Mandalorian episodes within BoBF that set up where Mando season 3 will be starting.

What is this Book of Boba to which you refer?  The Boba Fett series with the awesome Power Rangers air bikers?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

30 min? That’s it? 

I am the unappreciative fanboy who wants as much payoff and action as possible in every episode. I’m sure the space whales, IG-11 droid, pirates, and Bo Katan’s Mandalorian deserters will all come back into play, but after waiting over two years and knowing we only get 8 episodes, I vomit at Dave Filoni giving us only 30 minutes of what should be background reading before the main event. Give us 8 real episodes not 6-7 of build up and only 1-2 of “holy shit!”

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I am the unappreciative fanboy who wants as much payoff and action as possible in every episode. I’m sure the space whales, IG-11 droid, pirates, and Bo Katan’s Mandalorian deserters will all come back into play, but after waiting over two years and knowing we only get 8 episodes, I vomit at Dave Filoni giving us only 30 minutes of what should be background reading before the main event. Give us 8 real episodes not 6-7 of build up and only 1-2 of “holy shit!”

I enjoyed it, but come on, I sat down expecting 45-60 minutes.  Shortest run time of an episode 1 of a new season of a SW show so far on Disney+ 

Mando s1: 38 min
Mando s2: 51 minutes
Mando s3: 35 minutes
BoBF: 37 min
Obi-Wan: 52 min
Andor: 39 min

On 1/17/2023 at 1:59 PM, Buzzrock said:

The Jedi Police are here

naw the most interesting stuff in the Star Wars is the non Jedi stories

Jedi are cheat codes in the Legends Universe and even in the TV show (see Luke at the end of the last season)

• Hook 'Em 1

They had to waste the first two episodes in an attempt to save BOBF.

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

I enjoyed it, but come on, I sat down expecting 45-60 minutes.  Shortest run time of an episode 1 of a new season of a SW show so far on Disney+ 

Mando s1: 38 min
Mando s2: 51 minutes
Mando s3: 35 minutes
BoBF: 37 min
Obi-Wan: 52 min
Andor: 39 min

what, you don't enjoy the 9 minutes of credits at the end of every disney show?

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Which episodes of Boba Fett have Mando in it that I need to catch up on to get ready for this?  2 years is a really long time to remember shit.

Any of the episodes that have Mando in it, you should probably watch.

Some of it is covered in this trailer (head to the 2 minute mark) but not much of it, but Boba Fett works better if you think of it as a 1980s action TV series.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

OK so I re-watched the finale episode of season 2.  Which episodes of Boba Fett have Mando in it that I need to catch up on to get ready for this?  2 years is a really long time to remember shit.

5-6-7

Not meh, but kind of eh.  Too much bad Carl Weathers acting and sort of just spent a bunch of time re-establishing shit we already knew (which I get after 2 years off).  Andor set a pretty high bar so will readjust down a bit and it will be all good. 

The Grogu kid bit is starting to grate a touch though.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Not meh, but kind of eh.  Too much bad Carl Weathers acting and sort of just spent a bunch of time re-establishing shit we already knew (which I get after 2 years off).  Andor set a pretty high bar so will readjust down a bit and it will be all good. 
The Grogu kid bit is starting to grate a touch though.  

When he force grabbed the little red jelly bean, I was thinking it’d be a great gag if it was actually a chili pequin.
I’m not a sophisticated viewer of entertainment. Love the cheap physical comedy.

I can accept that there are pirates in space, but having one speak like Long John Silver was rough. Maybe after experiencing the higher tier writing and acting of Andor, I forgot about the contrived and cringey silliness that pervades the Star Wars universe. That minor critical observation aside, I’m interested to see where they take this season. Avast ye space croc!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Whitewater Horn said:

I can accept that there are pirates in space, but having one speak like Long John Silver was rough. Maybe after experiencing the higher tier writing and acting of Andor, I forgot about the contrived and cringey silliness that pervades the Star Wars universe. That minor critical observation aside, I’m interested to see where they take this season. Avast ye space croc!

He looked like the SW version of the pirates of the Caribbean guy, but with Christmas tinsel as a beard instead of tentacles 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2