The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

1 hour ago, slorch said:

I am, and yes, I misremembered the title of the idiotic movie where Demi Moore is the ass kicker.  GI Jane.

Demi Moore did not win a single physical altercation in that movie. Or even come close. Your brain misremembers it because you chose to.

Edited by aggie08

10 minutes ago, Levi said:

Plenty of people noted it was a cheesy/fun episode that reminded them of the clone wars. Good or bad is subjective anyway so to each their own. 

Yup. It was cheesy/fun. Some people love that, some people don’t. But you know, my opinion is law. That’s the rules of the internet 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

You’re a dumb premise. Jesus Christ, and you people complain the other side injects politics and stuff into everything, while you’re busy turning over every rock to find it where it doesn’t need to exist.

It’s a fucking show about space wizards. Shut the fuck up. 

I love the denial that it exists.  It's straight up comfirmation that it does.

Carry on wizard boy.

13 minutes ago, slorch said:

Carry on wizard boy.

Hey man, he's not the only completely making up scenes from 26 year old movies to try to make some vague point about the societal harm of Hollywood showing a woman beat a man in combat.

Watch G.I. Jane again. I assume you have basic cable...it's on at 1pm every other Sunday on USA.

I dunno… I get it. And I bet if the fight choreography was better or if they had Bo use more of her weapons or something it could reach the “realism” that Slorch has a bias towards. But it’s pretty easy for me to also remember that I”m watching Star Wars and Bo was a badass in the cartoons so I expect her to be the same in the live action version. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Carry on wizard boy.

Middle aged man throws temper tantrum on internet over the realism of a tv show about space wizards and laser swords and “the force”

Grow up, get a life

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The last 15 min or so was some intense stuff. Easily the best episode of the season thus far. 

1 hour ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Hide contents

Is the Armorer possibly also a spy?

Also, Rodney Terry’s helmet also has horns….. hmm.

I thought the exact same thing. 

Just now, hornian said:

To be fair, I don't watch this as intently as something like Succesion, but what is putting out signals to you that she might be a spy?

I don’t think I’ve ever trusted her. Just a vibe thing 

14 minutes ago, hornian said:

To be fair, I don't watch this as intently as something like Succesion, but what is putting out signals to you that she might be a spy?

I didn’t think she a spy until y’all said something 

It does smell fishy now. 

I was thinking it was the foos already there that could be spy. Not oh girl 

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever trusted her. Just a vibe thing 

I hadn't though much of it, but she was the one who pointed everyone towards the great forge where all the Imps were waiting in ambush.  It was pretty subtle, but she planted it in Bo-Katan's mind when talking about how it was the heart of Mandalorian civilization.

2 hours ago, Stringer said:

Anyone else catch Domhnall Gleeson's brother Brian as one of the holograms, Brendol Hux?

Noticed that also. Didn't realize it was his brother irl (his dad in the show?) but noticed he had the same accent as Domhall   

Spoilers.

Yeah that was fuckin dope. It’s been awhile since they have killed off a character of importance. PV went out like a fucking gangster.

I’m finding myself wondering what the point of Grogu is now.

Interesting idea on the Armorer being a traitor. They didn’t show her making it back to the fleet.

• Hook 'Em 1

Based on the old Clone Wars stuff with the Mandalorians, I bet there's a big reason Gideon chose to put his base on Mandalore and wear that helmet with the horns. The helmet looked like what the Mandalorians who followed Darth Maul wore. I bet those 3 on the sail barge were the spies. I think the Armorer is going to sniff out the trap and get the ships to safety. That was a great episode. Gideon might've made a Beskar armored suit but much like Jango, he needs to remember your head is still vulnerable to a blade. Paz went out like a badass. We get our first look at the red dudes from Last Jedi. It would be nice if they explained where they came from versus having to read about them in a guidebook. I'm calling it, Bo returns with the mythosaur. 

Was the creature that destroyed the sail barge just a coincidence or was that something Gideon had cooked up?

And fuck to the yes on Captain Pellaeon showing up. Man, we're slowly getting the Zahn novel players back together. They already had Rukh on Rebels. Feels like Mara Jade and Joruus C'baoth are part of Ahsoka from the trailer. Or at least an inspiration of the the two. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 4

36 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Based on the old Clone Wars stuff with the Mandalorians, I bet there's a big reason Gideon chose to put his base on Mandalore and wear that helmet with the horns. The helmet looked like what the Mandalorians who followed Darth Maul wore. I bet those 3 on the sail barge were the spies. I think the Armorer is going to sniff out the trap and get the ships to safety. That was a great episode. Gideon might've made a Beskar armored suit but much like Jango, he needs to remember your head is still vulnerable to a blade. Paz went out like a badass. We get our first look at the red dudes from Last Jedi. It would be nice if they explained where they came from versus having to read about them in a guidebook. I'm calling it, Bo returns with the mythosaur. 

Was the creature that destroyed the sail barge just a coincidence or was that something Gideon had cooked up?

And fuck to the yes on Captain Pellaeon showing up. Man, we're slowly getting the Zahn novel players back together. They already had Rukh on Rebels. Feels like Mara Jade and Joruus C'baoth are part of Ahsoka from the trailer. Or at least an inspiration of the the two. 

Give me Eli Vanto please! 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Half the time I have to stop down and go hit up Wookiepedia to get a handle on wth is going on.

Edit: put me down for, "this episode rocks and Paz is/was a badass"

Edited by cactusflinthead

Isn’t that kind of what happened in Book of Boba Fett?

Yeah. But why not? Star Wars recycles themes and storylines (two death stars, a young Jedi that saves the galaxy, etc).

Ok, how about, the Mythosaur emerges from the depths and eats Gideon and his goons. All the Mandalorians see it’s real and it unifies them. Mandalore starts to be rebuilt as Mandalorians from across the galaxy head home.

I don't know how you people keep up with all this stuff.  I watched Star Wars in '77 at the movie theater and liked Grogu driving the robot and have seen a lot in between, but I have to google everydamnbody on the show to figure out how they fit into the big picture.

Yeah, I am not a super fan either. I haven’t watched any of the animated series stuff nor read any of the books. I’m just along for the ride.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1