Horns in the Pros

TheFlagship

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Saw him play in Louisville a couple of weeks ago and you could just sense this was close.  

If that whole Covid thing just didn’t happen (that would’ve nice….) I’m guessing he’d be a regular starter in the show right now. That tear he went on in 2018 was un fucking real. In the moment it felt more surreal than Ivan’s. This little 5’10” 180 kid just shooting em over the wall. Was like watching one of my ridiculous video game characters come to life

Edited by Fletch

11 minutes ago, Fletch said:

If that whole Covid thing just didn’t happen (that would’ve nice….) I’m guessing he’d be a regular starter in the show right now. 

Take the glasses off, bro. His career milb slash is .252/.320/.444/.764 in 325 games. That’s fine, but far from otherworldly. He’s also more utility than 2B now. A decent platoon career as a lefty that can stand at 5 positions is probably his ceiling. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Take the glasses off, bro. His career milb slash is .252/.320/.444/.764 in 325 games. That’s fine, but far from otherworldly. He’s also more utility than 2B now. A decent platoon career as a lefty that can stand at 5 positions is probably his ceiling. 

When you put it that way…..

Yeah in hindsight maybe I should’ve looked at his minor league stats before posting. But like what’s the fun in that? Let me bathe in the nostalgia of him going ape shit in 2018. 

7 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Twins are starting a lefty in game 1 of a DH tomorrow, game 2 TBD. He’ll start that one if it’s a righty. 

Confirmed. 

Clemens is expected to start in the second game of Tuesday's doubleheader against Minnesota, when right-hander Cole Sands is slated to be on the mound for the Twins.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Sweet. I will watch it.

http://roystream.com/g/baseball/mlb/minnesota-twins-at-detroit-tigers#home

Above stream may work if no other access.   Kody starting at 2B.   Game time 6:10.

Game 2 Tigers lineup:

CF Willi Castro

DH Jonathan Schoop

LF Harold Castro

SS Javier Báez

1B Spencer Torkelson

2B Kody Clemens

3B Jeimer Candelario

RF Daz Cameron 

C Tucker Barnhart

P Joey Wentz

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2022/05/31/detroit-tigers-game-score-minnesota-twins-doubleheader-live-updates/9997567002/

Not exactly on topic but did not see a better thread in which to post this.  Adrian Alaniz's Sinton Pirates defeated Corpus Christi Calallen in the 4A regional final at Whataburger Field last night and are headed to the state tournament for the second year in a row.  I have to think at some point he will get either a bigger high school job or land on a college staff somewhere.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, ScottS said:

Not exactly on topic but did not see a better thread in which to post this.  Adrian Alaniz's Sinton Pirates defeated Corpus Christi Calallen in the 4A regional final at Whataburger Field last night and are headed to the state tournament for the second year in a row.  I have to think at some point he will get either a bigger high school job or land on a college staff somewhere.

Can he coach pitchers to pitch no-hitters against OU? I hear he has personal experience.

If they let us increase the number of coaches...

Follow-up to the Adrian Alaniz post above:  Sinton defeated Celina 9-0 in the 4A semifinal and is playing Argyle in the 4A state championship game at the Disch tonight.

Edit:  right now, Sinton is up 9-0 on Argyle in the bottom of the 6th.

Edited by ScottS
score update and OU sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ScottS said:

Follow-up to the Adrian Alaniz post above:  Sinton defeated Celina 9-0 in the 4A semifinal and is playing Argyle in the 4A state championship game at the Disch tonight.

Alaniz has instilled the focusness.😂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/9/2022 at 9:14 PM, ScottS said:

Adrian Alaniz is sending us his best player, will have to look up the name, but saw where we got a kid signed from Sinton in C/O '22

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/14/2022 at 2:02 PM, jdhorn92 said:

Adrian Alaniz is sending us his best player, will have to look up the name, but saw where we got a kid signed from Sinton in C/O '22

He’s gonna be our pitching coach in a couple years then take over when Pierce hangs it up around 2035

Edited by Fletch

6 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Lol. Really throwing the heat there. Dad must have been amused. 

What is the deal here? I’ve seen a few games where they do this. Just throw lobs in by some non-pitcher. Is it just to get the game over with? Is this a new thing?

16 hours ago, ss13 said:

They used three position players for innings 7-9, pretty goddam embarrassing for the sport. 

Yeah.  I remember it being done in the past in a game that goes WAY into extra innings and they burn through everyone but the guy that threw yesterday and the guy going tomorrow. 
Even then, they go with a guy with a hose for an arm like the third baseman.