Reports saying Mike Stoops has been let go

Hornius Emeritus

Also, going to be an awkward thanksgiving around the stoops compound.

"yeah, so mark, I was thinking about moving out to Lexington.  Have any leads for me?"

"Bob?  Bobby?  You thinking about taking another job?"

"Ron, you think piss pants has room on his staff?"

anybody????

7 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Don't know who the fuck this guy is.

Bob Diaco  
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1996–1997 Iowa (GA)
1999–2000 Western Illinois (RB/ST)
2001 Eastern Michigan (RB/ST)
2002 Eastern Michigan (LB/ST)
2003 Eastern Michigan (OLB/ST)
2004 Western Michigan (LB/ST)
2005 Central Michigan (co-DC/LB)
2006–2008 Virginia (LB/ST)
2009 Cincinnati (DC/ILB)
2010–2011 Notre Dame (DC/ILB)
2012–2013 Notre Dame (AHC/DC/LB)
2014–2016 Connecticut
2017 Nebraska (DC)
2018–present Oklahoma (DA)

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
Bob Diaco  
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1996–1997 Iowa (GA)
1999–2000 Western Illinois (RB/ST)
2001 Eastern Michigan (RB/ST)
2002 Eastern Michigan (LB/ST)
2003 Eastern Michigan (OLB/ST)
2004 Western Michigan (LB/ST)
2005 Central Michigan (co-DC/LB)
2006–2008 Virginia (LB/ST)
2009 Cincinnati (DC/ILB)
2010–2011 Notre Dame (DC/ILB)
2012–2013 Notre Dame (AHC/DC/LB)
2014–2016 Connecticut
2017 Nebraska (DC)
2018–present Oklahoma (DA)

I meant the guy reporting it.  I know who Diaco is.

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

Don't know who the fuck this guy is.

LOL, this dumbass tried to manufacture his own OU/TX rivalry...

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/6/16612520/ucf-uconn-2017-game-notes-civil-conflict-trophy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Conflict

Pretty god damn funny. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Better link...

Sam Ehlinger killed Oklahoma.

Good for them I guess.  Not sure it was smart mid season when there's still a lot to play for but they saw a problem and shitcanned him.  I guess one could say he's been a problem for a while, and they should have done it previously but they were still winning a ton and getting playoff games.  So they were probably of the mind that he's on a short leash and "give me a reason" and Sam gave them a reason.  

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Ian Boyd has a pretty good article from the summer about OUs philosophy vs Herman's.  Pretty even handed.  Good blurb out Bennie Wylie if you want to feel good about where we stand going forward.

http://sportstreatise.com/2018/08/comparing-the-staffs-of-the-rrs-combatants/

Good read and also pretty prophetic. Thx 

1 hour ago, Treefidy said:

Also, going to be an awkward thanksgiving around the stoops compound.

"yeah, so mark, I was thinking about moving out to Lexington.  Have any leads for me?"

"Bob?  Bobby?  You thinking about taking another job?"

"Ron, you think piss pants has room on his staff?"

anybody????

Mike's made plenty of money. He might be good to hang it up.

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

Sam Ehlinger killed Oklahoma.

Good for them I guess.  Not sure it was smart mid season when there's still a lot to play for but they saw a problem and shitcanned him.  I guess one could say he's been a problem for a while, and they should have done it previously but they were still winning a ton and getting playoff games.  So they were probably of the mind that he's on a short leash and "give me a reason" and Sam gave them a reason.  

Firing him midway in the season says one thing:  "I've had all I can stands - I can't stands no more."  Popeye said that....but obviously, Stoops was at the end of his rope...

4 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I didn't even realize Diaco was on staff there so just that news alone makes me happy

This. That guy is a truly spectacular fuck up. My favorite part is when he tried to invent a rivalry game with UCF and then UCF just left the trophy he had made on the fucking field after they won.

https://www.theuconnblog.com/2017/9/6/16262570/bob-diaco-took-his-antics-and-lies-to-nebraska-uconn-huskies-former-head-coach-poopy-pants

OU's defense has been historically bad. Saturday was the most points OU has EVER given up to Texas. 

If OU has an average- to slightly-below-average defense to go with an  historically good offense, the Sooners probably win a Natty last year. 

A Lincoln Riley offense and a decent OU defense would be scary.

2 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Wonder if this has an implications regarding recruiting.  No matter how bad the coach there are guys who verbal to play for that guy and might look elsewhere if they are canned.  (See Charlie Strong)

Charlie was a great recruiter and subpar coach.  Mike was collecting paychecks.  He really didn't hit the road for much recruiting at all.  It scared him to death.  

The reason they suck is that they’re little bitches. They have a bitch ass culture. Their coach is bitch. Their players are lil bitches. Remember when we used to go into this game knowing we were gonna get our teeth fucking kicked in? We are on the other side of that now. We are going to fucking beat them up every single time we go to Dallas because Lincoln Riley plays a finesse style of football and they don’t like getting punched in the mouth. And I fucking love it. Fuck OU. Lil mark ass bitches.

Same thing I said earlier. Buncha pussies up there.
Kyler crying like a bitch.
I wonder if Stoops said something to pussy ass kyler which in turn led to stoops departure.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Twizzler said:

This bothers me because it shows they are a little more self aware than I would like.  

Would rather they just say 'because rivalry' and let the slide continue another year or 2.

This right here. We scored nearly 50 points on them once.  Bob Stoops treated Mack Brown like a Thai hooker locked in the hold of a Russian fishing trawler that had been at sea for three months.  FUPM never demonstrated this level of awareness and decisiveness.  

• Like 3