Amazon prime recommendations

Washpark

Binge watched the OG magnum pi, highly recommend. That show had great writers, acing was spot on the entire series. 

then rolled into, In the Heat of the Night. Loved the movie and the tv series did it justice. Enjoyed this show, well worth your time 

started NYPD Blue, this was a great show 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 4/16/2023 at 9:23 AM, Chopper said:

Citadel, a Russo brothers tv series with 3 seasons already committed to by Prime, debuts April 28. Funny to see Stanley Tucci pop up. Looks like way too much CGI and bullshit to me but that's a matter of personal taste.

Watching this now. 3 ep in and it isn't complete shit. Indian chick can get it.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Detroiters is very funny. Tim Robinson from Netflix’s I Think You Should Leave  and Sam Richardson from Veep just kill for two seasons. 

Richardson should get another show. Champaign Ill was mostly great. Immensely talented comedic actor. 

Thanks for letting me know Detroiters was on Amazon.  One of the co-creators and writers was Joe Kelly, the only co-creator of Ted Lasso not to appear in the series.  Also wrote for SNL a couple of seasons.

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Watching this now. 3 ep in and it isn't complete shit. Indian chick can get it.

"Indian Chick" is Priyanka Chopra, one of the biggest stars in the world, and she's "for fuck's sake, are you kidding me?" hot.

Here she is showing off her dance moves.  Take your blood pressure meds first.

"Indian Chick" is Priyanka Chopra, one of the biggest stars in the world, and she's "for fuck's sake, are you kidding me?" hot.
Here she is showing off her dance moves.  Take your blood pressure meds first.

Looks like she could do with a few more sit-ups, but she’s aight for a Jonas Brother’s wife. Miss World 23 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished The English earlier today.   What a gritty, rough-hewn western.   Blunt and Spencer are great and Rafe Spall almost steals the show.   The story feels like it meanders here and there but is then brought back together fairly well.  This was just incredible.   And the plot twist with Cornelia and her son.  Wow. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 5/27/2023 at 1:18 PM, Macanudo said:

Finished The English earlier today.   What a gritty, rough-hewn western.   Blunt and Spencer are great and Rafe Spall almost steals the show.   The story feels like it meanders here and there but is then brought back together fairly well.  This was just incredible.   And the plot twist with Cornelia and her son.  Wow. 

Boy that plot twist was, well, just nuts. I enjoyed watching the show overall.

10 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Watched Reacher.  It was entertaining enough but the ending in the warehouse was kind of trope.   But I guess there wasn't any other way to end.  I'll say this...   This season was way, way better than the Tom Cruise movie version.

If you read the books, I don't think you could watch the Tom Cruise movie without laughing.  

• Hook 'Em 5

I'm halfway through Three Pines.   For a police style procedural, it's decent.  The residential home angle is interesting.   I know a little about what happened in Canada with these and the tie-in to the show is a nice touch.   It's only 8 episodes and didn't get renewed for a S2.  

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I'm halfway through Three Pines.   For a police style procedural, it's decent.  The residential home angle is interesting.   I know a little about what happened in Canada with these and the tie-in to the show is a nice touch.   It's only 8 episodes and didn't get renewed for a S2.  

nypd blue is a great watch but damn it’s a lot of seasons 

Just watched The Ride about the inaugural season of the PBR team series. Really enjoyed it. Those guys are some tough sumbitches. Also good to know that Cord McCoy of Amazing Race fame isn’t just some drugstore cowboy. He was a bull and bronc rider and raises bulls for the circuit. He was the coach of one of the bull riding teams. 

• 2 weeks later...

Started I am a Virgo the other day.

It's fucking weird/funny...but pretty solid so far.

"A coming-of-age joyride about Cootie, a 13-foot-tall black man, who escapes to experience the beauty and contradictions of the real world; he forms friendships, finds love, navigates awkward situations, and encounters his idol named The Hero."

8 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Just watched Interstellar, the Christopher Nolan film starring Matthew M.  What a mind bender. Nolan is a merchant of awe. If you haven't seen it, see it!

One of Nolan's best. Plus, Han's score ain't bad either.

On 7/3/2023 at 5:39 PM, bernorange said:

New season of Jack Ryan is rolling out 1 episode per week.  I think I'm going to wait until it's all available for binging.  

I thought it was 2 per week for 3 weeks?

On 6/14/2023 at 8:09 AM, Macanudo said:

I enjoyed Three Pines very much.  Another series that references the residential schools topic is Anne with an E (Netflix).  It's a different genre of show, but decent.   

On 7/3/2023 at 5:39 PM, bernorange said:

New season of Jack Ryan is rolling out 1 episode per week.  I think I'm going to wait until it's all available for binging.  

Same, it's 2023. Just give it to me already. You don't need to be like the networks.

6 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Last season of Endeavor has begun.   

Damn, didn't even know there was another season coming. And it's just in time for Prime's $.99/month deals.

BTW PBS Masterpiece is sneaky good. I recommend Vienna Blood.

10 hours ago, bernorange said:

You are probably correct.  I just saw that only a few episodes were available and assumed it was 1 per week.

I was waiting anyhow, it should Be all dropped by next Friday, the 14th, bc it’s a short last season 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/5/2023 at 10:13 AM, pyrohornIII said:

Last season of Endeavor has begun.   

Semi related - Roger Allam who portrays DI Thursday on Endeavour, plays media mogul Maxwell in Tetris and steals the show, although covered with fake blubber and prosthetics. Didn’t know who the fuck he was. Drove me nuts until I Imdb’d his character. I knew that voice. Always enjoyed the rapport and tension between DI Thursday (Allam) and FS Endeavour (Shaun Evans).

Edited by Bama Llama
Media
  • Like 3