Amazon prime recommendations

Washpark

18 hours ago, irockalltherocks said:

As mentioned Bosch is excellent.

I also enjoyed The Tunnel.

Yeah, The Tunnel was really good.  Stannis and that chick from Harry Potter were good as the leads.  They should have called it The Chunnel though so I could say, "What is he doing in the chunnel?!"  while watching.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 7:56 AM, Rollo Tomassi said:

Justified is soooooo good.

I am binge watching that now.  Great show!  ....except that it is clearly filmed in CA and they scoot back and forth between Lexington and Harlan County too quickly....  But great show! Season and a half left to go for me.

I've enjoyed Man in the High Castle, Grand Prix Driver, and Grand Tour. Watched 5 episodes of Electric Dreams while traveling last month, but couldn't really get into it.

There's always some decent old movies on there that I haven't seen in awhile that I'll watch. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is on there right now.

Anybody seen this?  Just added to Prime

Republic of Rick - Rick Launer, the Ambassador of the Republic of Texas club, spends his days at Alamo reenactments and haranguing US mailmen to get off Texas soil. But when he takes things too far, he’s jailed and kicked out of his beloved club. Out on bail and a warrant on his head, he manipulates a group of paranoid eccentrics to protect him from the hand of the “oppressive government.” Rick must confront what it takes to be a true leader, as a modern day Alamo unfolds on national television.

Fortitude.  Two seasons, almost completely different shows.  Both about "murder" in the most northern town on Earth.  First one has Stanley Tucci as the sheriff, it's kind of quirky and dryly funny with tons of beautiful scenery shots.  Second season stars Dennis Quaid and is more like a redux of The Thing.

On a similar theme, Tin Star is OK - Tim Roth as a Scotland Yard detective who gets burnt out and moves his family to the Canadian Rockies to be a small town sheriff.  (Predictably) things don't work out as he plans.

If it's still on there, Mad Dogs is worth a watch too.  Four midlife crisis guys go to visit their rich friend in Belize for a "guy's trip" and everything goes to shit.

Checking out Britannia now - so far kinda dull.  

17 hours ago, Godzillatron said:

I thought the episodes were a little hit or miss, but generally more good than bad.

Same. I particularly liked the Amazon-esque episode, the one with Rogue, and the one with the psychics.  I had no clue what was up with that episode with Steve Buscemi.

On 3/25/2018 at 10:13 AM, Chet Steadman said:

Bosch Season 1 is okay but Season 2&3 are incredible. 

Lots of carryover from The Wire. 

I watched The Wire years ago.  Loved it.

I just finished watching Bosch season 1 and eh.  Man, now I'm on the fence.  I wasn't planning on continuing it.

And I liked Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton.

FYI -> Amazon Prime has Logan Lucky streaming.  That's a fun movie.

24 minutes ago, RD3 said:

I watched The Wire years ago.  Loved it.

I just finished watching Bosch season 1 and eh.  Man, now I'm on the fence.  I wasn't planning on continuing it.

And I liked Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton.

FYI -> Amazon Prime has Logan Lucky streaming.  That's a fun movie.

Def give S2 a try.  It departs almost completely from the noir style of S1 and gets much “brighter” (and much more action/shootouts).  

I'm hard to please apparently because I rarely finish these things (I only made it 5 episodes into Amazing Mrs. Maisel, I didn't dislike it, but...) but I loved Man in the High Castle. Only thing I've ever binge-watched.  And I didn't even like the premise, alternate history does not really appeal to me.

So it must be good.

Also would really like another season of the Patriot. Only one season but I did binge through that also.

On 4/9/2018 at 10:07 PM, Chet Steadman said:

Def give S2 a try.  It departs almost completely from the noir style of S1 and gets much “brighter” (and much more action/shootouts).  

Bosch S2 was much better than S1. Thanks for the rec. I was ready to stop after S1.

• Like 1

Watched Sir Doug and the Genuine Texas Cosmic Groove last night.  Okay, but not enthralled.  Too fast paced, clips were short and hurried. Seemed to have a lot of time spent on weak Vancouver and Scandinavian ventures. Didn't seem to mention the Turkey Day Jam, which I thought embodied the Austin years.  Good stuff on Soap Creek and Texas Tornado periods.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 2:21 PM, Juicy said:

The michigan football documentary is pretty solid. 

The senior starting qb’s girlfriend has the Yellowist teeth I have ever seen..    oh and he sucks.   I’m on episode 3 and don’t follow them, but I’m sure he gets benched 

they have pretty bad Athlete dorms too... 

Edited by Hook1997

Amy Sherman-Palladino got her wish. Amazon has renewed “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” for a third season.

The creator-executive producer of “Mrs. Maisel” prodded Amazon executives about a pickup on Saturday night as she accepted a Peabody Award for her 1950s-set dramedy about an Upper West Side housewife who ventures into standup comedy after her picture-perfect marriage falls apart.

“You’re going to give it to us because we’re bringing home the fancy thing, right?” Sherman-Palladino said of the Peabody win for the show’s freshman season.

Amazon Studios head Jennifer Salke, who attended the ceremony at Cipriani Wall Street, confirmed after the kudos concluded that “Mrs. Maisel” would indeed get a greenlight for a third season. “Mrs. Maisel” was initially ordered by the previous Amazon regime with a two season commitment spread across 18 episodes. Season 3 will likely get 10 installments.

Season 1 of “Mrs. Maisel” bowed in late November. Season 2 is set to premiere later this year.

“Mrs. Maisel” also bagged two Golden Globes in January for comedy series and lead comedy actress for star Rachel Brosnahan. With the Globes and Peabody win, the show is seen as a prime contender in the upcoming Emmy race. 

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/marvelous-mrs-maisel-renewed-season-three-amy-sherman-palladino-1202817025/

• 3 weeks later...