Amazon prime recommendations

Washpark

Went ahead and rewatched Train to Busan (‘16) since it’s streaming now.

Ok, it’s a zombie flick.  But fuck man, it really is the best zombie movie I’ve seen in 10-15 yrs. Definitely takes some of the best aspects of past zombie movies and weaves them together in a (‘04) Dawn of the Dead reminiscent vision. In the end it’s a very cool take on a played out genre imho. 

Not sure how long it's been back, but The Detectorists is back, Season 3.

Damn you!

Season 3 was released like 4 years ago.

I was crazy excited for a minute thinking they snuck out a 4th season on me!

Mackenzie Crook had said back then that S3 was it for the show but last fall he was interviewed twice and said he would like to get the gang back together for a S4 this year but isn’t sure it could happen
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

25 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Damn you!

Season 3 was released like 4 years ago.

I was crazy excited for a minute thinking they snuck out a 4th season on me!

Mackenzie Crook had said back then that S3 was it for the show but last fall he was interviewed twice and said he would like to get the gang back together for a S4 this year but isn’t sure it could happen

Oh please make this happen.  What a gem of a show.

He won't get far on foot - is good, Manchester by the Sea is terrible as is Capone. Manchester,  I kept waiting for this moment of something good/great, but they just drag you into depression then roll credits. Capone, I turned it off. It's through the eyes of a man who is confused and shits himself. 

El Candidato is awesome. I'm not a full season in yet but it's definitely impressed me. I'd describe it as Narcos Mexico meets Homeland. Not based on IRL though like Narcos. Half english, half spanish languages, filmed in Mexico City, written by a gringo lawyer. I'm surprised it didn't get more buzz and I presume that's because few think Mexican tv could be so sophisticated. But this show certainly is. So far there's 2 seasons worth on Prime.

I only see 1 season of el candidato??
Wtf

1 hour ago, williemackgarza said:

I only see 1 season of el candidato??
Wtf

Yeah I thought I saw there were 2 but I messed up. An online article mentions an S2 but then says coming in July 2022. I don't know if that's reliable info.

What'd you think? For me there was like an episode and a half where I thought the writing and acting sagged pretty hard, but it finished pretty strong.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:30 AM, Dewey said:

Manchester,  I kept waiting for this moment of something good/great, but they just drag you into depression then roll credits.

You mean something great like a time continuum portal or everyone moving to Kauai or Ben Affleck, his rich brother from Boston, showing up to save the day?

If you want something lighter that's actually more terrific than Manchester you could go with You Can Count on Me.  Matthew Broderick has some laugh out loud moments that you would appreciate and it kinda ends well.

Manchester by the Sea if fucking awesome, but I admit, I did see it on a double billing with Ted.

On 1/27/2022 at 2:36 PM, Doc Reeves said:

Went ahead and rewatched Train to Busan (‘16) since it’s streaming now.

Ok, it’s a zombie flick.  But fuck man, it really is the best zombie movie I’ve seen in 10-15 yrs. Definitely takes some of the best aspects of past zombie movies and weaves them together in a (‘04) Dawn of the Dead reminiscent vision. In the end it’s a very cool take on a played out genre imho. 

Watching this now in the bike trainer.  Good flick 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/5/2021 at 3:24 PM, Celery Man said:

If there are ladies in your life they may be watching LuLaRich. Documentary about the LuLaRo leggings mlm. I haven’t finished it so I’m not sure the extent to which the business broke out into scandal but it did a good job of illustrating how MLMs are pyramid scheme cults and the founder couple are enormously full of shit.

I may be starting this tonight.  Wife seems interested, and I love watching stupid people being stupid.

Yeah I thought I saw there were 2 but I messed up. An online article mentions an S2 but then says coming in July 2022. I don't know if that's reliable info.
What'd you think? For me there was like an episode and a half where I thought the writing and acting sagged pretty hard, but it finished pretty strong.

I really liked it.
Some parts dragged but all in all was a great watch.

I may be starting this tonight.  Wife seems interested, and I love watching stupid people being stupid.

It’s a solid doc and really gets into the cult of personality of the founders. All of the most successful MLM rackets have charismatic leaders who create the religion of the brand. These two played the part, and then were great at social media to keep folks in the fold and buying.

Wife and I enjoyed Reacher. Told the MIL about it and she went through it all in a day.

Has the Ted Bundy docuseries been mentioned? I streamed that motherfucker (5 eps) in 2 or 3 late nights. I read the Ann Rule book years ago and thought I knew the whole story but this was an impressive look at what transpired and how so many people who should have known bettter overlooked him as a suspect.

I was scrolling through recommendations to watch after getting through a couple of series. I stumbled upon a low budget documentary about former superstar high school quarterback Mitch Mustain. I started to watch it and immediately noticed how bad the editing, fonts, and camera work on the interviews was. But beyond the technical crappiness, it seems like a good doc about high school and college football star.

1 hour ago, trza-hawk said:

I was scrolling through recommendations to watch after getting through a couple of series. I stumbled upon a low budget documentary about former superstar high school quarterback Mitch Mustain. I started to watch it and immediately noticed how bad the editing, fonts, and camera work on the interviews was. But beyond the technical crappiness, it seems like a good doc about high school and college football star.

Mustain wasn't an RTF major, cut him some slack, he tried his best.

Okay, I am halfway through the very technically average doc about Mitch Mustain. They collect some of the recruiting rumours from 2005 and one includes the kids mom having a crush on Mack Brown and Mack Brown sending her flowers. Overall, its a good college football story and Mustain has zero ego in the interviews. Malzahn, Houston Nutt, and Mitch's mom all refused to participate so its just local journalists from the time periods, some family and teammates, and Mitch himself with tons of stock video. The guy actually did get into a game for USC at one point, and tried out for the Chicago White Sox, sold cars, tried to sell pills, Arena league, then just moves on.

I think it's on Amazon:

LOL: Last One Laughing, Canada.

10 Canadian comedians are together for 6 hours and they can't laugh.  Last one gets $100K for charity.

Watching them trying not to laugh is pretty fucking funny.  

Hosted by Jay Baruchel.

Features  Caroline Rhea, Dave Foley, Debra DiGiovanni, Jon Lajoie, Tom Green, Colin Mochrie, Mae Martin, Brandon Ash Mohammed, Andrew Phung and K. Trevor Wilson(Squirrely Dan from Letterkenny)

14 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I think it's on Amazon:

10 Canadian comedians are together for 6 hours and they can't laugh.  Last one gets $100K for charity.

Hosted by Jay Baruchel.

Features  Caroline Rhea, Dave Foley, Debra DiGiovanni, Jon Lajoie, Tom Green, Colin Mochrie, Mae Martin, Brandon Ash Mohammed, Andrew Phung and K. Trevor Wilson(Squirrely Dan from Letterkenny)

My money is on Colin Mochrie. 

On 2/23/2022 at 8:17 AM, Tylerocks said:

I think it's on Amazon:

Hosted by Jay Baruchel.

You and I must have different definitions of pretty fucking funny because it was pretty fucking awful. 

On 1/25/2022 at 6:29 PM, Chopper said:

El Candidato is awesome. I'm not a full season in yet but it's definitely impressed me. I'd describe it as Narcos Mexico meets Homeland. Not based on IRL though like Narcos. Half english, half spanish languages, filmed in Mexico City, written by a gringo lawyer. I'm surprised it didn't get more buzz and I presume that's because few think Mexican tv could be so sophisticated. But this show certainly is. So far there's 2 seasons worth on Prime.

Finished it last night, I appreciate the recs here for it because I would have missed it otherwise. Fine ass women also 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...