Amazon prime recommendations

Washpark

On 7/30/2018 at 8:33 PM, wild_turkey said:

Wife and I loved The Americans. It’s a bit slow but very good.

I’m one of the seemingly rare people who did not like Justified. It felt like a network TV show but I never made it through the first season and I’m told it improved.

Also consider Bosch. It’s been recommended many times for good reason.

I tried Justified, but couldn't get past the first 30 minutes.

Just binged S1 of Detectorists thanks to this thread. Great show, I really liked it, but it's probably not for everyone. I don't know that I'd even call it a comedy, really. It definitely has funny moments but it's more just a heartfelt show about two average Joes.

Farmer Bishop cracked me up in every scene though. That guy was great. Also, I have a crush on Becky.

I tried Justified, but couldn't get past the first 30 minutes.

Keep going.

The first handful of episodes are more procedural and the weakest of the series.

Once they get to the serial, continuing storylines it’s amazing.

Season two is up there as one of the best seasons of a television show ever for me.

Plus, Raylan Givens is sexxxxxxyyyyy.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, tokamak said:

Just binged S1 of Detectorists thanks to this thread. Great show, I really liked it, but it's probably not for everyone. I don't know that I'd even call it a comedy, really. It definitely has funny moments but it's more just a heartfelt show about two average Joes.

Farmer Bishop cracked me up in every scene though. That guy was great. Also, I have a crush on Becky.

All 3 series of this show is fantastic. 

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Keep going.

The first handful of episodes are more procedural and the weakest of the series.

Once they get to the serial, continuing storylines it’s amazing.

Season two is up there as one of the best seasons of a television show ever for me.

Plus, Raylan Givens is sexxxxxxyyyyy.

Thank you for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the reasons I gave it up after five episodes or so. It was becoming way too ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ehhh. The Breaking Bad premise might be one of the more ridiculous ones ever thought of but it's still one of my favorites. Much more ridiculous than Sneaky Pete. I think a con artist is much more believable than a school teacher who infiltrates the cartel and becomes one of the biggest meth players in the Southwest.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 8:14 AM, 52-80 said:

how are you going to cast john krasinski as a spy/action dude tho

Krasinsky tried the Chris Pratt crossover and it failed miserably.

Krasinsky will always be the awkward, bad haircut skinny guy that's good for a role that doesn't require much range and nothing else.

Krasinsky tried the Chris Pratt crossover and it failed miserably.
Krasinsky will always be the awkward, bad haircut skinny guy that's good for a role that doesn't require much range and nothing else.

I don’t get the hate. I thought he was fine as JR. it’s not like the character is some total badass. He’s pretty badass, but he’s not a Jack Reacher type (book, not the movie!).
  • Like 1