Portland

workswithseed

Others here will know more, but when my daughter and I visited colleges in March, the area around Reed looked pretty nice.  Cool homes, restaurants and bars, etc.

Friends just bought a house by Reed on Steele St. Nice neighborhood. Mostly 40s and 50s houses. Pretty campus. Woodstock area nearby has all the little shops and Restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Larry Sellers said:

I’m debating taking the max from the airport and then just using Uber to get around vs renting a car. Any opinions? Is the Max rail just for the poors?

It ain't that bad, just watch out for muslims, someone might stab you for protecting them. 

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/353963001

Edited by workswithseed

Also go to Latourell falls. Less crowded and equally badass. 

Thanks for the recommendation. We enjoyed the loop trail to Latourell falls a lot more than the Multnomah trail. Tasty n Alder was probably our favorite meal. Did have to wait an hour for brunch but we knew to expect that. We loved the skirt steak at Ox but didn’t care too much for the chorizo or blood sausage. Had a great trip.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Here for a few days with my family and I'm going into the city by myself for the Ohio State - Clemson for many hours come hell or high water (already spent a few days in Eugene seeing some of my wife's family). Is there a good brewery where I could catch the game? It looks like I'm very close to a Trimet station so I can take that to the city.

Are you more interested in food and drink or game watching environment?

I don’t recall 10 Barrel having very many televisions.  Von Ebert Brewing around the corner has some that are viewable from everywhere.  Both have good beer and food imo.

There are a number of legit sports bars in that area.  On Deck and The Fields are modern sports bars made for game viewing.  Kingston and Cheerful Bullpen are old school dive sports bars.

Also as you mention there are a bunch of choices in the area.

Edited by Incredulity

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...