LSU is going in dry

texifornia

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Lotta chatter on the UCLA boards about potential candidates if the Chip Kelly experiment continues to fail.  One name that keeps coming up is Herman.  I remember when he was hired here it was widely considered a can't miss.  What were his biggest shortcomings?

One big shortcoming that annoyed those of us who met the guy and others with reasonable levels of intelligence on this board was how dumb the motherfucker actually is. Herman's reputation, self-created by claiming to be a member of a society that he had to pay to enter in Mensa, as a bright person is not well-earned or merited. He's actually a clumsy buffoon with weak logic skills and zero self-awareness. Yet, because he's a pure narcissist, he's never going to see himself for anything other than the genius he is.

Another issue is that he's a drug addict, allegedly. Dude spent time during corona ahead of last season in rehab and UT did a good job of keeping it under wraps. 

So, asshole, dumbass, narcissist, and drug abuser. But, hey, dude can get you consistently to 8-5, which would be awesome for UCLA. I think his best fit will be at Miami as soon as Manny _iaz is deservedly shitcanned for being the charlatan that he is. Miami is the perfect kind of urban hollow with low expectations that Herman would thrive in, but I guess that's LA too.

• Hook 'Em 2

Regarding LSU, there is some scuttlebutt that Woodard might be all over Fisher, but both Sexton and many of the LSU alums are not as sure. Fisher at ATM is a sure thing for Sexton. 

James Franklin will wind up somewhere other than Happy Valley after this season. Recruiting to PSU is a bitch because it is so hard to get to and these days, frequency of drop-ins matter for recruits and staff. If he can get USC or LSU, he's taking one of them. If not them, Miami or UW (if Lake gets shitcanned).

There's also a rumor floating out there that Whittingham may retire at Utah this year. Who winds up there would be anyone's guess. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Chris Ash was a decent assistant hire, and might have made more progress with additional years. Coleman Huntzler looked like a real find at LB coach. I liked the hire of Mike Yurcich, but I’m not sure how much influence he had over the offensive with Herman in charge. 

Tom probably got disgusted by our 42 point lead at halftime in last year’s opener and tightened the leash.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

They have Florida, Ole Miss, Bama, and Arky with only Halloween to break it up. Which game do we think does O in? 

He's done.  But maybe it'll be like Charlie 2016 - they lose to ULM on Nov 20 and everyone knows he's fucking done, but they'll let him get a nice miserable loss to aggy to end the year on Nov 27

3 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

They have Florida, Ole Miss, Bama, and Arky with only Halloween to break it up. Which game do we think does O in? 

If they play poorly and lose the next two games (Gata, ole miss), it probably makes sense to fire "Cajun Cookie Monster" on Sunday Oct 24th...

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV  
Sat, 10/16
vsFLA20 FLA
11:00 AM

espn-red@2x.png

Sat, 10/23
@MISS13 MISS
2:30 PM
CBS

Sat, 11/6
@ALA5 ALA
TBD    
Sat, 11/13
vsARK17 ARK
TBD    
Sat, 11/20
vsULMULM
TBD    
Sat, 11/27
vsTA&M21 TA&M
TBD    

* Game played at neutral location

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He's done.  But maybe it'll be like Charlie 2016 - they lose to ULM on Nov 20 and everyone knows he's fucking done, but they'll let him get a nice miserable loss to aggy to end the year on Nov 27

Oh we know that. LSU is not opposed to mid season firings and my money is on the bye week so they can have a built in reason for a Bama blowout

28 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I think it'll be the Ole Miss game if they really stink it up in Oxford.  Most of the folks here have already penciled in the Florida & Alabama games in as losses.  And LSU really hates losing to Ole Miss, so I think a bad game on national TV just might make them publicly pull the trigger on O

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

This dude’s career trajectory looks very much like Chiziks.  Suck at a perennial doormat, have a few good years at a traditional power, win a title, get fired 2 years later.   

with a difference maker at offensive coordinator keying his brief stint of success