LSU is going in dry

texifornia

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'd probably hold out until we watch Mich St play against some actual competition this year... they could lose 4 of there final 5 games.

Same with Aranda. What if Tucker and Aranda go -3 or -4 by the end of the year. A competent AD wouldn't fire their coach and secure a coach mid way through their 2nd year. If LSU has an agreement in place it will be with an established coach that can afford to lose a couple i.e. Franklin, Fickell, Jimbo, Riley

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

giphy.gif

The quietness of this search leads me to believe this is a done deal. The aggy extension early this year only served as a bar for what he wants from LSU. Why would they stop short of making him the first $100 million coach by $5 million over 10 years? Aggy would love nothing more than to beat their chest about that accomplishment. This gives him a clear and convincing reason when he bolts and becomes the first $100 million man in Baton Rouge 

On 10/7/2021 at 4:45 PM, closetojumping said:

Another issue is that he's a drug addict, allegedly. Dude spent time during corona ahead of last season in rehab and UT did a good job of keeping it under wraps. 

Wholly crap, should have been drawn and quartered...

On 10/7/2021 at 4:49 PM, Barbacoa said:

He's also an alcoholic (unless he's gotten help.) Drank at the facility regularly. Was always hungover, especially on Sundays. 

Hell most people would be hungover on Sunday if they fucked up as much as he did on Saturday...

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/17/2021 at 2:37 PM, Fud said:

The main LSU insider just posted “We have our name and are in active talks. Our new coach will be named shortly after the season.”

On 10/17/2021 at 3:59 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Just a hunch, but it feels like LSU got their yes and it's coordinated hit job on Oeaux. 

On 10/17/2021 at 4:56 PM, TexasGolf said:

Post on 247 from September 

E2B93DEC-D705-43CE-8BDB-6BB33B15D377.jpeg

Woodward and Jimbo have been scheming this for a while. I think Jimbo beating Alabama sped up the process and Woodward was able to use that as leverage to dump Ogre bring his buddy on board.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Joel Klatt was on Colin Cowherd the other day saying his people were hearing Rhule didn't like the NFL and was looking at possibly returning to college. 

Which is ironic because the whole time he was in college we kept hearing how “he’s a pro guy” and would be jumping to the NFL when he got a chance. 

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Call my shot:

Franklin to USC
Rhule to Penn State
Jimbo to LSU
IDGAF to aggy

Seems reasonable to me although someone like Traylor to a&m would be less than ideal for us. I’ve said it here before but I’d think if Jimbo left they’d just promote Elko to HC.

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That was a joke? Didn’t sound like one. Just sounded stupid. Stupidity is common among sports fans. Just look at how Tennessee fans blocked the Schiano hire. 

I know, you remind us almost daily. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Right. Because every player and coach witnessed Sandusky molesting little boys in the shower. Is that really what you think?

How can you be so obtuse?

You think everyone on here has really fucked south Austin’s mom?? People joke on here all the time. Are the pedophilia jokes hitting too close to home for you?

46 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

VolTiger who is one of their resident insiders seems to think Jimbo is in the drivers seat

image.png.f27a7bd7430c857509e4d9d426c43b72.png

image.png.0cd125fd9b444d20def0e3b8bbb477de.png

image.png.165c851c77129e0415194b6b5f135d69.png

I'll add three other reasons I have seen from LSU sites -

1) it's really, really quiet which leads to likelihood its been in the works and between a candidate who Woodward already has a good relationship with

2) TX/OU to SEC issue that Jimbo knows his recruiting advantage at A&M has peaked and will only decrease since he no longer has the only SEC hat for TX kids. 

3) a&m beating Bama moved things up and made it easier for Woodward to move up Orgeron separation to dot i's and cross t's on backdoor deal

27 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'll add three other reasons I have seen from LSU sites -

1) it's really, really quiet which leads to likelihood its been in the works and between a candidate who Woodward already has a good relationship with

2) TX/OU to SEC issue that Jimbo knows his recruiting advantage at A&M has peaked and will only decrease since he no longer has the only SEC hat for TX kids. 

3) a&m beating Bama moved things up and made it easier for Woodward to move up Orgeron separation to dot i's and cross t's on backdoor deal

If it does turn out that the culture/leadership thing is real, that would be a hilarious twist since aggy has been fawning over how perfect of a fit Jimbo is to everything they are about. 

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If it does turn out that the culture/leadership thing is real, that would be a hilarious twist since aggy has been fawning over how perfect of a fit Jimbo is to everything they are about. 

If Sul Ross was resurrected and visited College Station he’d say, “What the fuck is up with these weirdos?”