LSU is going in dry

texifornia

• 4 weeks later...
Corch Yaw Yaw appears to be done if Tigerdroppings is any indcator.
He got the remake your staff year immediately following a you fucked up remaking your staff year.

Otherwise known as the Charlie Strong plan.

The odds of it ever working were tremendously low, but it's definitely not working. No way he gets another year unless the school just can't afford to drop him and hire someone new.

I've always heard that LSU hurts for cash, but they always seem to find it for football when it's needed.
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

He got the remake your staff year immediately following a you fucked up remaking your staff year.

The odds of it ever working were tremendously low, but it's definitely not working. No way he gets another year unless the school just can't afford to drop him and hire someone new.

I've always heard that LSU hurts for cash, but they always seem to find it for football when it's needed.

They'd sell LSU Shreveport to Arkansas if it kept Football and Baseball going a few more years. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I don't think LSU is going to be interested in Jimbo by the time he's done this season.  2013 was a long time ago and there's a whole lot of mediocrity and systemic issues that are hard to overlook.

As the Thamel article notes, Orgeron and Miles are perhaps just a step above “Moron” on the IQ chart, and due to LSU’s ability to land Louisiana talent/lure Joe Burrow, stumbled into National Championships. For all his faults, Fisher has more on the ball than those idiots. Plus, you have the AD’s pre existing relationship with Jimbo (and the no buyout clause Woodward himself negotiated), and it could happen. So, Fisher could be a Sumlin-level success in College Station and once again fall upward, making what, $11M a year?

19 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I was gonna call BS on the no buyout part.  Then I googled.  Wow.  

Fisher and/or his new school owe A&M exactly nothing if he leaves.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/22/17769874/jimbo-fisher-texas-a-m-contract

Why would Aggy agree to such a thing?

It's so fun to watch the rest of the CFB world(mainly in the SEC) discover things about aggy that Texas folks have known for decades upon decades.

• Like 3

They use the John Sharp method and do a stealth transfer of disaster relief funds. It's the one advantage of Hurricane season running parallel to football season.
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 hours ago, Zeus said:

Honestly I would not want to go against Mensa he's so autistic and retarded it would probably work at LSU, like Coach Ogre has.

And if he hires a real staff this time it would probably work despite his weirdness. Honestly, it's going to be hard to fuck this hire up for them. The only fuckup hire they could make is Jimbo.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Correct. If Strong doesn’t lose to Kansas, he probably gets another year at Texas, and Herman takes the LSU job.

Lotta chatter on the UCLA boards about potential candidates if the Chip Kelly experiment continues to fail.  One name that keeps coming up is Herman.  I remember when he was hired here it was widely considered a can't miss.  What were his biggest shortcomings?

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

Lotta chatter on the UCLA boards about potential candidates if the Chip Kelly experiment continues to fail.  One name that keeps coming up is Herman.  I remember when he was hired here it was widely considered a can't miss.  What were his biggest shortcomings?

https://www.yahoo.com/now/firedup-tom-herman-excitedly-headbutts-player-in-pregame-huddle-211242588.html

3 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

And if he hires a real staff this time it would probably work despite his weirdness. Honestly, it's going to be hard to fuck this hire up for them. The only fuckup hire they could make is Jimbo.

aggy secured Jimbo's services for themselves with that extension.

10 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Being an arrogant, stubborn mensa dipshit with a scheme that uses its QB as a battering ram that is in love with mediocre assistant coaches. He also turtles when he has a 1 or 2 TD lead. On the plus side, his strength coach was pretty solid and his teams are very physical. Also, your players' pee will be purity itself. On the other hand, they will probably hate him and football. They play dumb too. He and/or his staff were pretty good talent evaluators. He would do pretty good at UCLA and probably average 8-9 wins.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

He's a disingenuous asshole who relies or gimmicks to motivate the team.  He's really good at alienating donors and he also sucks at hiring a staff.  If he is hired, you should plan on not watching football for a 3-4 years until he gets fired.

Edited by kevwun

3 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Being an arrogant, stubborn mensa dipshit with a scheme that uses its QB as a battering ram that is in love with mediocre assistant coaches. He also turtles when he has a 1 or 2 TD lead. On the plus side, his strength coach was pretty solid and his teams are very physical. They play dumb though. He would do pretty good at UCLA.

Why did I immediately think of this:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 10/6/2021 at 1:25 PM, Parliament said:

I was gonna call BS on the no buyout part.  Then I googled.  Wow.  

Fisher and/or his new school owe A&M exactly nothing if he leaves.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/22/17769874/jimbo-fisher-texas-a-m-contract

Why would Aggy agree to such a thing?

They can't read.

His teams were characterized by dumb penalties, bad special teams, inexplicably abandoning whatever seemed to be kinda working on offense, bad in-game decision-making, bush league assistant coaches, and somehow making almost every game a coin flip, regardless of the opponent. Oh, and he seemed like a prick that everyone hated. 

Should be plenty of choices for LSU that are better and much cheaper than Jimbo fucking Fisher.  Fickell, Napier, the Coastal Carolina coach, hell take a flyer on Aranda or Traylor and open up the checkbook for coordinators and I think they'd come out smelling like a rose.

But based on their prior hiring of coaches such as Miles and Orgeron, I fully expect them to go after.... Jimbo fucking Fisher.

Herman positives:

-Rarely got blown out. His teams covered more often than not.
-Prefers a very physical style of play.
-Good to decent recruiter and evaluator.
-Raised talent level of the team.

Negatives:
-Arrogant and definitely rubbed people the wrong way. To me he same across as someone who has to constantly prove how smart he is.
-Plays extremely conservative with a lead. Will take his foot off the pedal too early, resulting in close games that should not be that close. Or outright Ls.
-Ineffective and meatheaded motivational techniques. E.g. kissing, burnt toast etc.
-Stubborn playcalling and player selection. Eg not playing bijan last year.
-Would not fire his assistants until he absolutely was made to.
-I think his rolodex is small i.e. the number of well established assistants that are willing to work with him is limited.
-Cant recall any outstanding assistant hires that he made other than the RB coach.

Overall i think he is a boom ot bust kinda coach who can be successful if he is in the right job and somehow lucks into good assistants.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Herman positives:

-Rarely got blown out. His teams covered more often than not.
-Prefers a very physical style of play.
-Good to decent recruiter and evaluator.
-Raised talent level of the team.

Negatives:
-Arrogant and definitely rubbed people the wrong way. To me he same across as someone who has to constantly prove how smart he is.
-Plays extremely conservative with a lead. Will take his foot off the pedal too early, resulting in close games that should not be that close. Or outright Ls.
-Ineffective and meatheaded motivational techniques. E.g. kissing, burnt toast etc.
-Stubborn playcalling and player selection. Eg not playing bijan last year.
-Would not fire his assistants until he absolutely was made to.
-I think his rolodex is small i.e. the number of well established assistants that are willing to work with him is limited.
-Cant recall any outstanding assistant hires that he made other than the RB coach.

Overall i think he is a boom ot bust kinda coach who can be successful if he is in the right job and somehow lucks into good assistants.

Chris Ash was a decent assistant hire, and might have made more progress with additional years. Coleman Huntzler looked like a real find at LB coach. I liked the hire of Mike Yurcich, but I’m not sure how much influence he had over the offensive with Herman in charge. 

IIRC LSU was in the bidding for Herman when we were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not just in the bidding, ESPN actually announced him as LSU's new coach via the screen crawl during the aggy game. Iirc that was just a few days before he was announced as our coach. Not sure I wish they had gotten him that year (can't remember who would be second choice, but think things worked ok in the end..I like where things are headed with Dark)

As much as I'm glad he's gone, I think Herman could actually kill it at UCLA..or at the very least put together a team that would play hard enough to beat USC most years.

His teams were characterized by dumb penalties, bad special teams, inexplicably abandoning whatever seemed to be kinda working on offense, bad in-game decision-making, bush league assistant coaches, and somehow making almost every game a coin flip, regardless of the opponent. Oh, and he seemed like a prick that everyone hated. 
Yet somehow he won over Charles Thompson..so much so that he's the reason Casey didn't transfer to blowU. We would be pretty fucked right now if that happened.

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

As much as I'm glad he's gone, I think Herman could actually kill it at UCLA..or at the very least put together a team that would play hard enough to beat USC most years.

That works for me.