LSU is going in dry

texifornia

3 minutes ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

I thought OU said they wanted to continue but OSU has OOC concerns or something (sound familiar).  Honestly not continuing would be the smart move for OSU.  If they play OU essentially gets an honorable cream puff game and OSU gets an L.

Yes they should replace them with Ohio University as an annual OOC opponent. 

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Why would he not go to LSU for same or more money, easier recruiting, better chance of winning championships?  Seems like the "easier" life is at LSU?

LSU expects instant success, just like we do. If Jimbo can't get to the playoffs by year 3 or beat Bama, his seat is getting really hot. I honestly don't even think LSU can afford him. Why take less? Would you drop millions just to get a ring? 

6 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

LSU expects instant success, just like we do. If Jimbo can't get to the playoffs by year 3 or beat Bama, his seat is getting really hot. I honestly don't even think LSU can afford him. Why take less? Would you drop millions just to get a ring? 

I already told everyone.  They would put off replacing a bridge or two in some northern Louisiana parish, or shit, maybe even use federal Covid funds for whatever Jimbo would want.    This is Lousiana, for God's sake.  The state must protect the football program at LSU at all cost.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I mean, can LSU do a 10 year guaranteed contract? Not likely, but it's Louisiana, so they'll sell off something or move funds from something important to find the money. 

But they were already paying Ed O $9 million per year.  There's no buyout to get Jimbo, saving you a good $10-$20 million in usual costs to offset poaching a coach from another school.  That's $2-4m extra per year they can pay Jimbo over a 5 year contract. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I already told everyone.  They would put off replacing a bridge or two in some northern Louisiana county, or shit, maybe even use Covid funds for whatever Jimbo would want.    This is Lousiana, for God's sake.  The state must protect the football program at LSU at all cost.

Honestly, I don't even think it's a joke at this point. It's all they have. Somehow they would miraculously come up with it in their "need a new HC" piggy bank they've been saving up for since Ogre took less money. 

Just now, Js1 said:

I mean, can LSU do a 10 year guaranteed contract? Not likely, but it's Louisiana, so they'll sell off something or move funds from something important to find the money. 

But they were already paying Ed O $9 million per year.  There's no buyout to get Jimbo, saving you a good $10-$20 million in usual costs to offset poaching a coach from another school.  That's $2-4m extra per year they can pay Jimbo over a 5 year contract. 

Now this is facts. I just still don't see them calling Jimbo for a serious conversation, but maybe as a courtesy call? I think they believe they can do better (can they? Probably not. Jimbo is a decent HC, but LSU has had a looooooot of luck, too.)

0 is getting fired because he has the dumbest idea in that he has to hire the best coordinators. Well for that dumbass when they do good other people will hire them away just like Aranda and Brady.

When in 2021 you are still saying The Joe Brady Offense, when technically its an variation of Sean Paytons offense.Then sneak dissing Aranda all of the off-season only to have one of the worst defenses in school history in 2020 and then hire 2 people who have never called a game after missing on multiple hires.

The dude stopped giving a fuck after 2019 as all of these stories are coming out. 

My nephew and some of my friends back home have their kids being recruited by LSU and I have heard some stories.

His Geaux Tigers schtick was akin to Les eating grass.

And as for money if you dont know who Richard Lipsey is then yeah u have no idea how the TAF will pay for 2 straight years of coach buyouts but i kno its message board banter to say the state cant afford it...much like g@y-n-em claims their the most richest school eveeeer

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Because they'll guarantee you $90M just for showing up to the office?

40 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

$95 million reasons 

I get this. I do.

But I do think college coaches also care about their legacy and winning (more) NCs. 

With that said, I don’t think LSU is going after jimbob so…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Pancho said:

I get this. I do.

But I do think college coaches also care about their legacy and winning (more) NCs. 

Right. It's all a moot point anyway, and you could be right. But honestly, we aren't gonna know shit until after the season anyway 

41 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I already told everyone.  They would put off replacing a bridge or two in some northern Louisiana parish, or shit, maybe even use federal Covid funds for whatever Jimbo would want.    This is Lousiana, for God's sake.  The state must protect the football program at LSU at all cost.

Can we start doing this please.

14 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They'll bank on the new SEC deal getting them more money.

If Aggy were smart (they're not), they'd let Jimbo walk but instead they'll give him more money, like $12M/yr or something and they'll still be 8-4 every year.

But aggy is not smart...   They are still celebrating their Bama wins with  t-shirts, cups and videos...  The loss to the Pirate and Arky is all forgiven along with their near loss to Colorado.  

Smart aggy would be encouraging LSU to take Jimbo and saving them a bunch of money down the road. They could turn around and hire Ed O for half of that and he'll get them the signature win once in awhile along with consistent 8-4 and 7-5 records and they will be happy with that.  The way this season is headed and they are content on their bama win and the rest of the season could finish 7-5 and they won't be bellyaching.     

15 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

No matter who it is, you are going to know something after Thanksgiving, because of the early signing period.

Would be pretty convenient - Jimbo can sign his new LSU contract after the LSU game in Baton Rouge.  Or before.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It'll be interesting to see Jimbo's comments on these rumors. Some reporter will ask him about it. 

Obviously there may be nothing to it and he may say that. But he'd probably say that either way. Or he could give a non-answer. That would fuel the fire but also possibly be a negotiating tactic for another raise.

30 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I get this. I do.

What other "Big Name" coach doesn't come with a buyout? Woodward probably got wind he was gonna have a chance to get back to BR, why do you think he wrote Jimbo's contract the way he did? Jimbo isn't elite, but neither were Leslie and the Ogre. If Jimbo is ever gonna win another championship, his only chance is Baton Rouge. All you have to do is be an elite recruiter of Louisiana talent, and just out talent other teams. There is plenty of talent in Louisiana to win it all with his "keep away" brand of football.

CHIEF

I've been away for a couple days so maybe I just missed it, but where is the national sports media's narrative about how entitled and unrealistic LSU fans are firing a coach two years after a national championship? We get raked over the coals for firing someone three years into their tenure who manages to lose to f****** Kansas...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

• Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

It'll be interesting to see Jimbo's comments on these rumors. Some reporter will ask him about it. 

Obviously there may be nothing to it and he may say that. But he'd probably say that either way. Or he could give a non-answer. That would fuel the fire but also possibly be a negotiating tactic for another raise.

He'd lie and say he hasn't spoken to anyone from LSU and he doesn't know where said rumors are coming from. Dirty old man car salesman shit 

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Jimbo has already seen what aggy turning on him is yet he knows they can't fire him... he's "stuck" working there to get paid...

Go to LSU and either you get your championship(s) or you don't and are asked to leave while getting a crap ton of cash to do so... again LSU for the win.

• Like 1

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Jimbo has already seen what aggy turning on him is yet he knows they can't fire him... he's "stuck" working there to get paid...

Go to LSU and either you get your championship(s) or you don't and are asked to leave while getting a crap ton of cash to do so... again LSU for the win.

Honestly, I hope he does leave just for the tears. Regardless, we're gonna have to recruit against him in conference anyway, so we might as well get some misery from little brother while we're at it. 

34 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

What other "Big Name" coach doesn't come with a buyout? Woodward probably got wind he was gonna have a chance to get back to BR, why do you think he wrote Jimbo's contract the way he did? Jimbo isn't elite, but neither were Leslie and the Ogre. If Jimbo is ever gonna win another championship, his only chance is Baton Rouge. All you have to do is be an elite recruiter of Louisiana talent, and just out talent other teams. There is plenty of talent in Louisiana to win it all with his "keep away" brand of football.

CHIEF

For all his faults, Jimbo is still head and shoulders above Miles and Ed O. He would have more success there than in College Station. That job is about to get much hard with us and OU joining the SEC. Recruiting would be easier for him at LSU. If he wants a championship I could see him making the move. He won’t win anything of semblance at A&M. But $95 million guaranteed is pretty great too. I think Aranda would be a solid hire for LSU. Outside of Jimbo I think he’d be the best hire. Better than Franklin or Tucker IMO.

4 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Today the Statesman has an article criticizing UT for spending $360,000 on Hartzell’s inaugural party. Some student complains that we could use that money to feed homeless.

What does this have to do with LSU? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Today the Statesman has an article criticizing UT for spending $360,000 on Hartzell’s inaugural party. Some student complains that we could use that money to feed homeless.

Sounds like a letter to the editor in The Daily Texan.  Same as it ever was.

3 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

For all his faults, Jimbo is still head and shoulders above Miles and Ed O. He would have more success there than in College Station. That job is about to get much hard with us and OU joining the SEC. Recruiting would be easier for him at LSU. If he wants a championship I could see him making the move. He won’t win anything of semblance at A&M. But $95 million guaranteed is pretty great too. I think Aranda would be a solid hire for LSU. Outside of Jimbo I think he’d be the best hire. Better than Franklin or Tucker IMO.

yep and he knows with the guys leaving A&M this year he's at least 2-3 more years away from another chance at a good run... why not build at LSU

3 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Most level headed fans want Aranda back seeing what has done in year 2 at fucking Baylor...even though they still have to play OU and Texas

The rest of the fuckin coonass racists fanbase wants Billy Napier

Those in my circle want Aranda...and organized coach and atleast we know defense will be fine and we can get an offensive person to coach that side of the ball. Shyt teams #1 and #4 in the polls are both run by defensive minded coaches.

12 minutes ago, Geaux504N.O. said:

Most level headed fans want Aranda back seeing what has done in year 2 at fucking Baylor...even though they still have to play OU and Texas

Those in my circle want Aranda...and organized coach and atleast we know defense will be fine and we can get an offensive person to coach that side of the ball. Shyt teams #1 and #4 in the polls are both run by defensive minded coaches.

I thought Woodward was all about "splash" hires. A guy in his second year at a small private school P5 and a guy that has never coached at the P5 level doesn't seem like his style. But a "sitting national championship winning coach" stolen from a recruiting rival seems to make sense.

CHIEF

17 minutes ago, Geaux504N.O. said:

I’d hire Aranda only if Grimes come with him and is signed up for 3 years minimum.  That guy is the one most responsible for the Baylor turnaround.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

I thought Woodward was all about "splash" hires. A guy in his second year at a small private school P5 and a guy that has never coached at the P5 level doesn't seem like his style. But a "sitting national championship winning coach" stolen from a recruiting rival seems to make sense.

CHIEF

Well its is said that Woodward wants a splash hire so unless fuckin Saban wants to return or Dabo decides he wants in on the SEC west and he is bringing Venables then ill take a chance on Aranda

If anything the money involved and the fans wouldnt mind and Aranda actually know how to call a game and not lean on coordinators

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Geaux504N.O. said:

This isn't secrant or some other weak board. You can cuss here. The fake cussing shit will start getting you negged, quickly. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

Okay, cool. Thanks for clarifying that you're just a mouthbreathing imbecile with a room temperature IQ. For a minute there, I thought you were just scared to cuss.

yall think that shyt u typed is insults....

sorry black people are not mouth breathing imbeciles and that lil high school jab was nothin

Im not your typical white sec fan that u think of

But im glad u understand now

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 11