Comic Relief: Satirical Tweets and Memes

Hugo Stiglitz

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

This belongs in LOL but since it is political..... This is the LAPD Police Commissioners virtual meeting with citizens, I think.

How long until Zoom institutes a 7 second rule & how exactly would that work?

10 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

How long until Zoom institutes a 7 second rule & how exactly would that work?

Well, I just pick the cookie up from the floor and go ahead and eat it. Would adding two more seconds make that big of a difference?

• Haha 1

Guest Lobo
7 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

This belongs in LOL but since it is political..... This is the LAPD Police Commissioners virtual meeting with citizens, I think.

Holy shit, the "I yield my time" at the end, has me laughing so loud, I just woke up the kids.  

Guest Lobo
21 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

The whole thing is a masterpiece but I like how he timed his rant. Then at the end the moderator calls out the next citizen to speak with a "thank you, Juan Ramirez" without any hesitation or reaction.

^
That was another nice touch.  She must have gone to the same broadcast journalism school as Steve Scully on CSPAN.  

Guest Lobo

I'm gonna go out on a wild limb here EMAWesome, and assume that if I let you choose 3 standup comedy albums to be with on a desert island, you'd pick Carrot Top, Larry the Cable Guy,It' and Jeff Dunham.  You obviously have a sense of humor, don't let anybody tell you that you don't.   But it's so juvenile and trite.  

I don't like to talk real life on our wonderful little make believe world that we've created here in Surly---but I picture you exactly like Lt. Hauk in "Good Morning Vietnam" 

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'm gonna go out on a wild limb here EMAWesome, and assume that if I let you choose 3 standup comedy albums to be with on a desert island, you'd pick Carrot Top, Larry the Cable Guy,It' and Jeff Dunham.  You obviously have a sense of humor, don't let anybody tell you that you don't.   But it's so juvenile and trite.  

I don't like to talk real life on our wonderful little make believe world that we've created here in Surly---but I picture you exactly like Lt. Hauk in "Good Morning Vietnam" 

I'm going more the Private Pyle rout

23 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Has anyone ever told you that you are an idiot and obviously a racist as well?

No they haven't.  You want to know why?  I'm not either.  I was raised not to give a shit about the color of a person's skin and I never have.  I judge a person as an individual by what is on their inside, not what is on their outside and if that isn't good enough for people here that is their problem not mine.  I will judge the four cops in Minneapolis by their actions.  I will not judge any other cop in the country by the actions of those four.  They should be judged by their individual actions the same as anybody else.  As far as the idiot part, at the age of five I could not only name the capital of every state in the country but I could name every president of the United States in historical order.  I was reading two grades above my age by the time I was in 4th grade.  I was a state scholar a member of the National Honor Society and had my undergraduate thesis published in a trade magazine.  (And the professor who pushed the hardest for publication of my paper was as liberal as you could have got in the 1980s) The other thing I am is a product of a time and an educational system where everyone didn't piss their pants every time someone said or did something they didn't agree with.  Other than mistaking for someone who went to KU there is not much you can do that offends me but baseless claims of racism at least land in the same area code.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

No they haven't.  You want to know why?  I'm not either.  I was raised not to give a shit about the color of a person's skin and I never have.  I judge a person as an individual by what is on their inside, not what is on their outside and if that isn't good enough for people here that is their problem not mine.  I will judge the four cops in Minneapolis by their actions.  I will not judge any other cop in the country by the actions of those four.  They should be judged by their individual actions the same as anybody else.  As far as the idiot part, at the age of five I could not only name the capital of every state in the country but I could name every president of the United States in historical order.  I was reading two grades above my age by the time I was in 4th grade.  I was a state scholar a member of the National Honor Society and had my undergraduate thesis published in a trade magazine.  (And the professor who pushed the hardest for publication of my paper was as liberal as you could have got in the 1980s) The other thing I am is a product of a time and an educational system where everyone didn't piss their pants every time someone said or did something they didn't agree with.  Other than mistaking for someone who went to KU there is not much you can do that offends me but baseless claims of racism at least land in the same area code.

I believe everything you typed from your heart.  Except one thing, there's no fucking way you could read by the 4th grade.  I'm quite certain you are a very nice person in real life, but you seem about as well-read as Eric Trump at a Jonathan Franzen seminar.  

I got in trouble in 3rd grade for using a marker to write "fuck" on the bathroom wall (near the floor & behind the toilet, if I recall correctly... it's been more than a few decades).

But I suspect that doesn't surprise most of y'all.

• Like 2