Gym Pet Peeves

Ldogg53

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I workout in the mornings. Today I started on the treadmill. I picked one at the far end of a row of about 10 treadmills. There were about 6 open to the left of me. This annoying regular comes over about two minutes after I start my run and gets on the treadmill right next to me. Fucking asshole. 

• Rage+1 2

I workout in the mornings. Today I started on the treadmill. I picked one at the far end of a row of about 10 treadmills. There were about 6 open to the left of me. This annoying regular comes over about two minutes after I start my run and gets on the treadmill right next to me. Fucking asshole. 

I’m guessing the annoying regular isn’t a hot broad

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Gym locker room is completely empty at 5am this morning.  Maybe 5-6 of us there.  I put my stuff in a locker and lock up.  There are 90 other lockers around with no lock on them. Forgot to put my car keys in the locker so I go back in.  And yup, out of all of the empty ass lockers in there, someone picked a locker right next to mine and put their lock on.  

Why?  Why are people like this?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Gym locker room is completely empty at 5am this morning.  Maybe 5-6 of us there.  I put my stuff in a locker and lock up.  There are 90 other lockers around with no lock on them. Forgot to put my car keys in the locker so I go back in.  And yup, out of all of the empty ass lockers in there, someone picked a locker right next to mine and put their lock on.  

Why?  Why are people like this?  

Watch your cornhole. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

D7F24CF9-CC77-4EC3-94B6-3551CB40D6B4.thumb.jpeg.ea5f6f31dcc6559f278c14017e7a8e63.jpeg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I went to a new gym today.

I guess the cool thing to do now is video your lifts for tiktok or something.  There were a few bro's in the gym doing it.

Things to bring to the gym now: (1) huge gym bag (2) gallon of water (3) tripod to video your lifts.

19 hours ago, Doze said:

I went to a new gym today.

I guess the cool thing to do now is video your lifts for tiktok or something.  There were a few bro's in the gym doing it.

Things to bring to the gym now: (1) huge gym bag (2) gallon of water (3) tripod to video your lifts.

Dude, the fucking tripods are out of control. And it's not like fitness model looking people. It's 25% body fat jackasses. I'm gonna knock one over soon given half a chance.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, BearMace said:

Racking dumbbells in the wrong spot is worse than leaving them on the floor. You're going through the motions and fucking shit up even worse just so you don't look like a lazy asshole but you're still being one.

Maybe they're just that stupid and can't grasp the organizational system.

14 hours ago, BearMace said:

Racking dumbbells in the wrong spot is worse than leaving them on the floor. You're going through the motions and fucking shit up even worse just so you don't look like a lazy asshole but you're still being one.

I've had to rearrange dumbbells twice this week and I never have to do that.

The backpack/gym bag guys are suddenly all over the gym. They actually strap on the backpack to go to the next exercise.

I've yet to see a tripod though.

I blame the people taking vacation and the college boys home for the semester break. It should gradually get back to normal.

People posing in the mirror between sets has always been a pet peeve. But yesterday there was a young woman doing a lower body workout, and in between sets of an exercise for her glutes she would check out her ass in the mirror, obviously not caring who was watching. And that ass was glorious.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

People posing in the mirror between sets has always been a pet peeve. But yesterday there was a young woman doing a lower body workout, and in between sets of an exercise for her glutes she would check out her ass in the mirror, obviously not caring who was watching. And that ass was glorious.
Pics not loading
  • Hook 'Em 1

Equinox gym.

Fuck all you New Year's Resolution MF'ers.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/equinox-bans-new-members-on-january-1-sparking-criticism

NEW YORK - High-end fitness chain Equinox did not accept new members on January 1 — a day when many people commit to jumpstarting their new year resolutions and goals by heading to the gym. 

"January is a language we don't understand," the company wrote on social media, adding, "It wants you to start something when you should be in the middle of it." 

Equinox said it wasn't signing up new clients on January 1, calling the month a "fantasy delivered to your door in a pastel-colored box."

The decision led to criticisms of "shaming" to those trying to start 2023 with healthier habits. 

"‘Take your resolutions somewhere else' is such an embarrassing caption Equinox. Stop it with the bullying," one Twitter user wrote. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Equinox gym.

Fuck all you New Year's Resolution MF'ers.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/equinox-bans-new-members-on-january-1-sparking-criticism

NEW YORK - High-end fitness chain Equinox did not accept new members on January 1 — a day when many people commit to jumpstarting their new year resolutions and goals by heading to the gym. 

"January is a language we don't understand," the company wrote on social media, adding, "It wants you to start something when you should be in the middle of it." 

Equinox said it wasn't signing up new clients on January 1, calling the month a "fantasy delivered to your door in a pastel-colored box."

The decision led to criticisms of "shaming" to those trying to start 2023 with healthier habits. 

"‘Take your resolutions somewhere else' is such an embarrassing caption Equinox. Stop it with the bullying," one Twitter user wrote. 

Interesting business idea from a company currently teetering on a financial cliff. 

22 hours ago, texasdago said:

Had Covid last week so haven't been to the gym since Dec 31st.  I can only imagine the cluster I'll find when I get back in there.  Pretty sure I caught Covid there anyway 

I always take the two weeks off, the week leading up to Christmas and the week leading to the new year. I know I won't be eating, or sleeping, correctly. I'll be having some Bier. I just let myself rest. Of course, my first day back at the gym after the new year I went later than normal and people were sitting around on machines and benches while talking and not lifting, ugh.

8 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I always take the two weeks off, the week leading up to Christmas and the week leading to the new year. I know I won't be eating, or sleeping, correctly. I'll be having some Bier. I just let myself rest. Of course, my first day back at the gym after the new year I went later than normal and people were sitting around on machines and benches while talking and not lifting, ugh.

I hate that noise.  I've been really frustrated not going to the gym since the 31st but I go skiing at the end of the week so at least my legs will be rested and knees feeling good.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clear things up........yes user name noted, and I'm old so Planet Fitness. After working out today I went to take a shower and noticed an awful smell coming from the shower. Before I stepped in, I took a close and saw brown flecks all over the place. Someone had waffle stomped in it. I told closest employee I could find and he put an out of order sign on it until he could clean it up. I mentioned it at the front desk as I was leaving and the woman said that someone had did the same thing on the women's side last week. WTH is wrong with people. You can do the Waffle Stomp Quickstep all you want at home but don't do it at the health club.

20 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Just to clear things up........yes user name noted, and I'm old so Planet Fitness. After working out today I went to take a shower and noticed an awful smell coming from the shower. Before I stepped in, I took a close and saw brown flecks all over the place. Someone had waffle stomped in it. I told closest employee I could find and he put an out of order sign on it until he could clean it up. I mentioned it at the front desk as I was leaving and the woman said that someone had did the same thing on the women's side last week. WTH is wrong with people. You can do the Waffle Stomp Quickstep all you want at home but don't do it at the health club.

Wow, people are animals 

There’s a guy at the gym by my work who before he goes into the sauna takes the paper towels to layer himself around his torso to prevent sweat from getting his shorts wet. He looks like a fucking ballerina.

And then he just leaves the towels on the table for the poor worker bro to pick up.

I hate people. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/20/2023 at 9:32 PM, Pancho said:

There’s a guy at the gym by my work who before he goes into the sauna takes the paper towels to layer himself around his torso to prevent sweat from getting his shorts wet. He looks like a fucking ballerina.

And then he just leaves the towels on the table for the poor worker bro to pick up.

I hate people. 

People wear shorts in a sauna? I don’t get that.

Not a pet peeve but this may be the most ridiculous feat of strength I've ever seen...a bench press drop set of 585x1, 495x5, 405x3, 315x4, 225x4. The guy is 53 years old, only second man over 50 to bench 600+ raw (no bench shirt) Don't know how to imbed Instagram 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm9lx6nvOzN/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Hook 'Em 1