Video Game Deals

hornfan785

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Prime Day Deal today has the Logitech G920 racing wheel at 50% off, $199.99. https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Dual-motor-Feedback-Driving-Responsive/dp/B00Z0UWV98/ [mention=25]Anton Chigurh[/mention] you have any experience with that one?

It's great. To get a noticable increase in quality you're gonna have to spend 4 times that amount. It's well built and responsive. Just wish it had a longer cord, but accepts extensions no prob.

BTW, with the savings check out the Wheel Stand Pro G29.

Forza on a gamepad isn't Forza.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good forum thread with deals in the spoilers. - https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/368417-black-friday-2018-the-big-thread-walmart-best-buy-ad-posted/

Spreadsheet of deals. Click the tabs at the top to cycle through the different categories. - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XJZgxzp5LGxVyp0RrR60Gf0oNmoUWBjX59R0dSyv6QU/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

Edited by hornfan785
  • Like 1

My wife got Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition for I think $20 and messed around with it -- seems like a pretty beautiful world to explore.

That game really hits its stride when you level up enough to get about half of the skills. And the frozen wilds expansion is a challenging add-on.
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 10:20 AM, UTDD said:

My wife got Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition for I think $20 and messed around with it -- seems like a pretty beautiful world to explore.

Game starts a tad slow, but after the first few hours it really opens up. You can easily put 60+ hours into the full campaign and DLC.

It can be challenging, as there is definitely a learning curve, but you'll eventually hold your own once you nail down combat and upgrade your skills and gear.

A word of advice, at some point in the game you will inevitably run into some new type of machine that kicks the shit out of you repeatedly until you figure out their weak points and which weapons to use. Youtube will be your friend in these scenarios.

Edited by Storm the Field

3 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

A word of advice, at some point in the game you will inevitably run into some new type of machine that kicks the shit out of you repeatedly until you figure out their weak points and which weapons to use. Youtube will be your friend in these scenarios.

Or just ask your husband. 

On 11/10/2018 at 4:07 PM, Storm the Field said:

Game starts a tad slow, but after the first few hours it really opens up. You can easily put 60+ hours into the full campaign and DLC.

It can be challenging, as there is definitely a learning curve, but you'll eventually hold your own once you nail down combat and upgrade your skills and gear.

Yeah, I tried it a little and got ANNIHILATED by this machine coming out of the ground in this quarry like area.  Then I saw her play the same fight and she would use that scanner, slowdown shooting, and hopping on hard rocks and she barely even got hit and then I realized I didn't know how to play, lol.  I really enjoy reading the logs about the prior world and what happened, I can see why this game got some hype.  

Best Buy is doing early access to some door busters for members. I got CoD WW2 gold edition for $25.

I also got a PSVR for $100 which you can get everywhere but got mine through GameStop. Ordered mine sunday and arrived today.

Also at GameStop got PSVR AstroBot rescue mission for $20

I ordered God of War from the PlayStation store for $22

PSPlus membership for $40 from PlayStation store.

PS4 return to Arkham was $5

I found Call of duty black ops iiii through daily steals on Facebook for $30. It’s the latin wording on the case but the disc is all English.

For more good deals check out this list at slickdeals.

[black Friday] [Video Games] Best Deal Locations (2018)

https://slickdeals.net/f/12266224-black-friday-video-games-best-deal-locations-2018?v=1&src=SiteSearch

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For Xbox - Battlefield 1: Revolution for $1.99

Includes

Battlefield 1 (full base game)

Battlefield 1: Premium Pass

• Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass
  • Battlefield 1: In the Name of the Tsar
  • Battlefield 1: Turning Tides
  • Battlefield 1: Apocalypse

Battlefield 1: Deluxe Edition Content

• Red Baron Pack
  • Lawrence of Arabia Pack
  • New Visual Sppearance of the Behemoths

Battlefield 1: Hellfighther Pack

• Hellfighter Trench Shotgun
  • Hellfighter M1911
  • Hellfighter Bolo Knife
  • Hellfighter Insignia

Battlefield 1943

• 4 weeks later...

Microsoft GamePass Ultimate is only $1 for a month this year. It includes:

XBox Game Pass

XBox GamePass for PC

XBox Live Gold (No more $60 a year)

After the first month, it'll be $15 a month after that. It also looks like they're also switching to an EA Access model where some games will be free on launch day for Ultimate members.

If you have Game Pass or Live Gold currently, if you buy the Game Pass Ultimate for $1, it will consolidate your memberships into one. So, for me, I had a Gold subscription already through August of 2020, so I bought the Game Pass Ultimate for $1, and it extended my current Game Pass for Xbox subscription to match my Gold subscription. Basically, I got a year of Game Pass for $1.

So, if you have bought Gold or Game Pass when it's been on sale and you've stacked it for months or years, definitely buy the Game Pass Ultimate deal for $1. It's a great deal!

• Like 1

There was a game about 15 years ago I played a few times.  It was something like "Tank Wars", but not that title exactly.  Anyway, you choose from 4 different tanks, one really light and fast, one slight bigger, the next one was green based on a Sherman and was the best one to pick, and then a really heavily-armored but cumbersome brown one that only laid land-mines and a small machine gun turret.  You basically just drove around a city and defeated other tanks and a helicopter atop a bridge.  Really lame but about as fun as I thought video games could be with regards to tanks.  Anybody remember this one?  I wanted to play it out of nostalgia but can't find it online anywhere.  The repetitive city landscape looked a lot like Miami and you had to take out other tanks that looked like you plus the helicopters to advance.  Anyway, thanks.  

Nope, but good guess.  This was just a free online game way back when.  Used shockwave or whatever.  I used to kill some time way back when on the company desktop playing it at lunch.  I'm gonna say it was called Tank Wars Online, but that wasn't technically it.  

Alright, it was Battle tank or tank battle on shockwave.  But yeah, can't find a free version anymore because I'm not a "gamer" and/or not a "legal resident" of this country.  

Just gold, but if you get gamepass before buying Ultimate, it actually adds the gamepass and gold together. So say you have a year of gold and 3 months of gamepass, you'll get 1 year and 4 months of Ultimate.

Thanks for this.

Looks like you have until July 4 to take advantage.