Do You Remember? 60s-80s

retread

Underdog came strong on the previous version but here goes...

Tang

TV Dinners with "peel foil from potatoes"

Actually dialing the phone - which was corded into the wall

Happy to get all three networks on the rabbit ears

Riding in cars with no seat belts

Rounding up a bunch of neighborhood kids to play sandlot baseball - no adults needed

legal drinking age - 18 but no one enforced it

• Like 1

PF Flyers

Rat Fink rings

Bazooka bubble gum for a penny

Baseball cards in bike spokes

Chasing the mosquito fogger truck - no idea why no adult didn't stop this. Nothing like a dozen kids on bikes riding in a cloud of insecticide

Sneaking transistor radio into school to listen to World Series

World Series games starting around noon on weekdays

Running your computer program with punched cards

Going to the car dealer and ordering your car just the way you wanted.  Something like a 1970 Cuda in Lemon Twist Yellow with black bucket seats, brown carpet, power windows, 318 engine with auto transmission, drum brakes and the flower power vinyl top.  Friend had one like this. Today you get one or two option packages - back then you got the ability to make a one off all the time

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

Still have these, and they still work...

X78lt2a.jpg

Same, as well as a few others. Entex made a rad Defender game, too. Do you remember the Donkey Kong Jr one, that looked like a small arcade game? Crazy to think, these were more sought after than Atari or Intellivision. 

3 minutes ago, Topper13 said:

Same, as well as a few others. Entex made a rad Defender game, too. Do you remember the Donkey Kong Jr one, that looked like a small arcade game? Crazy to think, these were more sought after than Atari or Intellivision. 

Yep. Remember them all. The one I wish I still had was Entex Baseball 3. Had the module attached with a cord so a second player could pitch. We wore that one out. Need to go look on eBay.

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

Yep. Remember them all. The one I wish I still had was Entex Baseball 3. Had the module attached with a cord so a second player could pitch. We wore that one out. Need to go look on eBay.

Been saving for a Norlin era Les Paul, don't make me hit Ebay for these. Ladyfriend will shit.

On 3/26/2018 at 7:30 PM, AUinHsv said:

Underdog came strong on the previous version but here goes...

Tang

TV Dinners with "peel foil from potatoes"

Actually dialing the phone - which was corded into the wall

Happy to get all three networks on the rabbit ears

Riding in cars with no seat belts

Rounding up a bunch of neighborhood kids to play sandlot baseball - no adults needed

legal drinking age - 18 but no one enforced it

Appreciate it but everyone that posted in that thread brought it strong, a lot memories in that thread and I’m sure this one wil bring more. 

Edited by Underdog

On 3/26/2018 at 7:37 PM, RDCanecutter said:

Sitting on the linoleum floor putting together model airplanes with that styrene plastic glue and then painting them with that enamel paint with thinner that reeked. Mama making you put a piece of newspaper under it all.

If you were painting them after assembly you were doing it wrong.  Painting parts on the tree was the way...