Narcos: Mexico

thepop

Aight just watched some recaps on the you tube. 
I’m ready. Basically Felix lost control of everyone and got arrested.  Walt CIA had a failed attempt to seize 70 ton shipment and his team got fucked up.  All the families have no one to rule them now so they say this is the start of the Mexican Drug Wars. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, crony said:

Jesus, how much cash does big tobacco pay Netflix?  I swear every character's gotta light up while the camera zooms in on the cigarette and the crackling sound amplifies. Other than that pet peeve, so far so good.

You ain't lying. Every character is seen lighting up.

21 hours ago, crony said:

Jesus, how much cash does big tobacco pay Netflix?  I swear every character's gotta light up while the camera zooms in on the cigarette and the crackling sound amplifies. Other than that pet peeve, so far so good.

Tell me you're a reformed smoker without telling me.

Finished Season 3 today- great season- very much enjoyed it.

Agreed that the constant smoking really stood out. At one point there was a scene with the journalist chick washing her hands in a bathroom and my first though was, "I'm surprised she isn't smoking a cigarette even while washing her hands".

Edited by KaiserSoze

22 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Great season.  But....

Hide contents

I'm not really sure that the whole serial killer Victor plot line really fit.  Seemed to take away from talking about, you know, narcos and shit.

I think character of Victor was important to illustrate just how hopeless the situation is in Juarez. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I have 3 left but it’s easily my least favorite season of all the Narcos. 

Still love the series but I agree.   Caveat is that the Juarez policeman/journalist plot lines really gave the show a lot of depth.  

Almost like season 4 and 5 of the Wire made you realize how fucking grand the whole project was.  I didn't enjoy them as much but made you realize how audacious the series was.    

26 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Ha.  Ironically, this series has me pining to get down to Mexico ASAP.

Crazy, magnificent country.

Plus cabrito. 

If you know people there or stick to tourist areas its just fine and a fuckton of fun. I'm a giant ginger who sticks out like herpes and no one ever fucks with me down there.

On 11/12/2021 at 3:35 PM, kevwun said:

The missing girls of Juarez Has been a big deal for many years.  They made more of an effort this season to show how normal people are hurt by the cartels.

100% this

There’s a pretty good podcast on iHeartRadio on the issue if anyone is interested  

“Forgotten: Woman of Juarez”

On 11/10/2021 at 1:58 PM, tantric superman said:

Ha.  Ironically, this series has me pining to get down to Mexico ASAP.

Crazy, magnificent country.

Plus cabrito. 

lol, your wife won't leave the hotel in the upper east side of manhattan to go to central park.

i'd love to see you guys in chiapas.

1 hour ago, sidis said:

lol, your wife won't leave the hotel in the upper east side of manhattan to go to central park.

i'd love to see you guys in chiapas.

Never going to happen.  If I go it will be with the Bexar Cartel - me and my brothers.

Wife was a trooper in Puebla, though, I will admit ("If we go to Mexico again, I want to be at the beach"). 

The hotel pool bar, and only exploring by day, kept her happy.  ("No, I don't want street food, we have a good restaurant at the hotel."

(Azul Talavara hotel, fyi)

2f5cbf79_z.jpg?impolicy=fcrop&w=1000&h=6