Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Anyone who defends that cinnamon spaghetti gruel should just shut the fuck up about food.  

You’ve never actually had it, have you? Because if you had then you wouldn’t say, “Hmmm...tastes like cinnamon.”

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

You’ve never actually had it, have you? Because if you had then you wouldn’t say, “Hmmm...tastes like cinnamon.”

I have had it (gf in high school moved in from Ohio and had the misfortune of watching NYD bowl games w/ her family one year).  I didn't say it tastes like cinnamon, it tastes like shit. 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

If you tell me they’re better than Berdoll pies, I absolutely will.

I wouldn't know, actually. It was a phrase in my family because there was a Bama Pie factory near my dad's first shop in Tulsa. Occasionally he would take me to work with him and a particular treat was that the smell of baking pie would float through the air. Not quite as good as the scent of fresh-baked bread, but pretty good. My Grammy baked pies so we never ate commercial.

Dessert pie sucks overall, especially PeKAHN OR pee-can or whatever the fuck shit.  fight me.

Frito pie is the best pie.
You should try a pecan pie recipe from before the New York and Chicago Corn Syrup Company yankeefied it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, elfenix said:
4 hours ago, hookemATL said:
Dessert pie sucks overall, especially PeKAHN OR pee-can or whatever the fuck shit.  fight me.

You should try a pecan pie recipe from before the New York and Chicago Corn Syrup Company yankeefied it.

So they essentially whataburger’d pecan pie?

I don’t want to derail the thread but I don’t see how loose Fritos corn chips constitute more of a pie “crust” than French fries (or “frites”). I’d say Cincinnati chili is closer to Texas chili than Frito pie is to actual pie. I don’t think they refer to it as a pie in Italy but in Chicago it’s more of a casserole. I think calling pizza a “pie” is an American phenomenon.
I’ve seen recipes from winners of Texas chili contests that included cinnamon. Also chocolate. Cincinnati chili also includes allspice, a main ingredient in jerk seasoning, and cloves (not too much). Is cinnamon really that far off from cumin? Take away the cloves from Cincinnati chili and replace it with cumin and you might get fooled.
There’s a thread on the Food & Travel board that mentioned the Spaghetti Warehouse. I don’t know if they served it down there but up here the menu had Spaghetti with Beer Chili Sauce. It was basically a 3-way with more traditional chili. Pasta, chili, topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
And since I’ve already gone way over the line, why stop now? Back when I was living in the dorms at OSU, they used to occasionally serve what was essentially Frito pie. They called it “Texas Straw Hat.” And then sometime in the late ‘00s they tried selling actual “Frito pie” at the basketball arena where they would serve you a little bag of Fritos with chili dumped inside. But that only lasted for a couple years.
Please accept my apologies for the diversion. I have no defense. But there you have it. I could’ve gone further out of line. (Notice that I didn’t post a single pic of the Cincinnati chili I cooked up after the Super Bowl.)
I'll be up in Cincy in two weeks. I'll try anything once. Where should I go and what should I order?

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:
I don’t want to derail the thread but I don’t see how loose Fritos corn chips constitute more of a pie “crust” than French fries (or “frites”). I’d say Cincinnati chili is closer to Texas chili than Frito pie is to actual pie. I don’t think they refer to it as a pie in Italy but in Chicago it’s more of a casserole. I think calling pizza a “pie” is an American phenomenon.
I’ve seen recipes from winners of Texas chili contests that included cinnamon. Also chocolate. Cincinnati chili also includes allspice, a main ingredient in jerk seasoning, and cloves (not too much). Is cinnamon really that far off from cumin? Take away the cloves from Cincinnati chili and replace it with cumin and you might get fooled.
There’s a thread on the Food & Travel board that mentioned the Spaghetti Warehouse. I don’t know if they served it down there but up here the menu had Spaghetti with Beer Chili Sauce. It was basically a 3-way with more traditional chili. Pasta, chili, topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
And since I’ve already gone way over the line, why stop now? Back when I was living in the dorms at OSU, they used to occasionally serve what was essentially Frito pie. They called it “Texas Straw Hat.” And then sometime in the late ‘00s they tried selling actual “Frito pie” at the basketball arena where they would serve you a little bag of Fritos with chili dumped inside. But that only lasted for a couple years.
Please accept my apologies for the diversion. I have no defense. But there you have it. I could’ve gone further out of line. (Notice that I didn’t post a single pic of the Cincinnati chili I cooked up after the Super Bowl.)

I'll be up in Cincy in two weeks. I'll try anything once. Where should I go and what should I order?

Skyline is the original. Gold Star is good too. You can probably find Cincinnati chili at other restaurants. Skyline and Gold Star are kind of like fast food restaurants. Maybe fast casual is the correct term.

I’ve been to a big Skyline store downtown but they’re all over the place. A 5-way will be spaghetti topped with chili, onions, beans, and a mound of shredded cheddar cheese. A 4-way will omit the beans (you might need to specify that). A 3-way will omit both the beans and the onions. But you want the onions.

You don’t eat it like you would Italian spaghetti. The cheese melts on top and you should use your fork to cut it up like pastitsio (the spices are similar to that Greek dish). It will come with oyster crackers. The sauce will seem pretty watery. I always stick some crackers down around the edge of the plate to get soft. Even though it seems watery (and it is), your plate will be dry when you’re finished. They also have hot sauce. If I’m dining in then I’ll bring a bottle of habanero Tabasco with me. (Fits in a little ziplock sandwich bag.)

You should try a coney, too. You want it with everything, or “all the way.” That’s with mustard and onions as well as chili sauce and cheese. They’re small. The watery sauce softens up the little bun.

My standard order is a 5-way with a coney all the way. When I make it at home, I don’t bother with the beans. I can’t find little hot dogs and buns in the store and somehow making coneys with regular sized dogs and buns loses something.

Just don’t go expecting what you think of as chili. It’s not chili. It’s Cincinnati chili. It’s a Greek dish made with Mediterranean spices. Think Greek. It’s not haute cuisine.

But I’ll say this for them. Their quality hasn’t slipped over the years. I won’t order a burger from McDonalds or Wendy’s anymore and I’ve sworn off Taco Bell. I’ve watched other restaurants go corporate and go to hell. Like BW-3 which I was introduced to around the same time as I was introduced to Skyline, back when BW-3 had only one store. They totally suck now and I haven’t been there in years. But Skyline marches on unchanged. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1

I prefer pie over cake, I haven't had birthday cake in probably 30 years, I get a birthday pie instead. Chocolate pecan with bourbon cream, delicious.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Just don’t go expecting what you think of as chili.

mindset is definitely key.  it's greek meat sauce buried under a mound of cheddar cheese.  it's basically pastitio or macarona bechamel with the wrong cheese.  i'd imagine that mild cheddar was easier to come by back in the 40s when skyline was founded (keep in mind that pizza had barely left NYC at the time). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is science and not up for discussion. 

1. Pecan

2. Key Lime 

3. Apple

4. Buttermilk 

5. Lemon ice box 

The hell it's not. Where is cherry pie? A good sour cherry pie is sublime. Not with that canned filling either.

• Like 2

why the fuck are these morons upset about pizza hut?

Because Pizza Hut decided to promote literacy in a way that didn’t tel all gay kids that they are going to burn in hell and should probably just kill themselves.
The cruelty is the point. It’s the only point. It always is.

9 hours ago, Satchel said:

Breaking! Rittenhouse to aggy! They’re walking on the grass tonight in aggyland. Sec! Sec! Sec!

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3293163

Thinking Rittenhouse is “a national hero” has to be the most Aggy thing ever. Dude played fake soldier, showing up uninvited to protect shit that didn’t belong to him and was none of his business. Got in a fight, ran, and then shot someone in a panic The dude then blubbered like a spoiled toddler on the witness stand, making an ass of himself in front of the whole world. Dude is a phony soldier and an emotionally stunted coward.

So yeah. That’s a True Aggy Hero if I’ve ever seen one.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

Thinking Rittenhouse is “a national hero” has to be the most Aggy thing ever. Dude played fake soldier, showing up uninvited to protect shit that didn’t belong to him and was none of his business. Got in a fight, ran, and then shot someone in a panic The dude then blubbered like a spoiled toddler on the witness stand, making an ass of himself in front of the whole world. Dude is a phony soldier and an emotionally stunted coward.

Dude, your last sentence nails it. He’s the aggy hero archetype.

The new conservatism sure does love them some below average white males.

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

“Pudge boy who didn’t even graduate high school” = aggy honor student.
He’ll do great there.

And even this wannabe loser will look at the corps and say "no thanks, I'm good"

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Did pudge boy even graduate high school?

I'm still digging to see if he has been admitted vs. just applied. To the best of my knowledge, all the system schools in the state have to keep aggregate data on Applied, Admitted, and Enrolled and those are each distinctive metrics. Quite a few students apply but that doesn't mean they're admitted and of those admitted, quite a few then do not ever enroll for a variety of reasons.

Oh, and here is boy genius (at the TPUSA Womens' Leadership Summit I believe):

and spotted this as well...since it's in Grapevine,  the Seattle based reporter is (I guess?) doing the Hook 'em, but that poster is just ugh. So glad that I can use that 9MM when some neighbor has a myocardial infarction or my house is on fire. Pew pew! No more heart attack!

Adding: it is interesting that Rittenhouse made the announcement on Charlie Kirk's show since Charlie has been talking down college, especially for women. As far as it is known, Charlie has not completed the work for a college degree, so he is not without bias on this topic.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

19 hours ago, tchookem said:

The new conservatism sure does love them some below average white males.

Bill has a pretty good one this week.

“When candidates in political ads say, ‘I approve this message,’ they should have to add at the end, ‘you dumb fucks.’”

Kyle Rittenhouse says he’s going to Texas A&M. No he isn’t, university says

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/education/2022/06/05/kyle-rittenhouse-says-hes-going-to-texas-am-no-he-isnt-university-says/?utm_content=buffer233cd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

During a radio appearance last week, Kyle Rittenhouse did his best impression of a high school athlete announcing his college choice on National Signing Day — placing a Texas A&M hat he pulled from under a table on his head.

“I’m going to be going there, and it’s going to be awesome,” said Rittenhouse, who shot three people, two of them fatally, during a 2020 racial-justice protest in Kenosha, Wis. Rittenhouse said he was defending himself, and he was acquitted of all charges last year.

But a university official said on Sunday that Rittenhouse isn’t attending. “He has not been admitted as a student this summer or fall,” Texas A&M spokeswoman Kelly Brown said in an email.

Kyle Rittenhouse says he’s going to Texas A&M. No he isn’t, university says
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/education/2022/06/05/kyle-rittenhouse-says-hes-going-to-texas-am-no-he-isnt-university-says/?utm_content=buffer233cd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
During a radio appearance last week, Kyle Rittenhouse did his best impression of a high school athlete announcing his college choice on National Signing Day — placing a Texas A&M hat he pulled from under a table on his head.
“I’m going to be going there, and it’s going to be awesome,” said Rittenhouse, who shot three people, two of them fatally, during a 2020 racial-justice protest in Kenosha, Wis. Rittenhouse said he was defending himself, and he was acquitted of all charges last year.
But a university official said on Sunday that Rittenhouse isn’t attending. “He has not been admitted as a student this summer or fall,” Texas A&M spokeswoman Kelly Brown said in an email.

T-shirt fan, Brown Shirt fan, potato, potahto.

6 minutes ago, pacman said:

we are trying to out Florida, Florida

Y'all familiar with that Rufus Wainright song from over a *decade ago called Going To A Town? I've had that on repeat lately. The intolerance and cruelty escalating in this country and that song captures that emotion very well.

*The song has been covered by multiple artists since he released it, but I like the original. He is one of a kind.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy