Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

This just goes to reinforce my belief that everytime I see someone with a flag on their vehicle I'm probably not going to care much for them.

Conservatives theft of the term patriot make my blood boil.

1 hour ago, Matuka said:

If you describe yourself as a patriot, chances are you are not a patriot.

1234.  If you have to tell people you are patriotic, you’re probably not.

I’ve had a relative ask me why I didn’t  have a flag on my car, or get US Army licenses plates (they didn’t realize that I would have to get the “Honorably Discharged” version because I did nothing special or dangerous outside of going to Juarez) and it’s like “if I didn’t love the place, I’d take advantage of my eligibility to get Canadian citizenship and move to Canada.”

That was fucking awesome.  I can't imagine the police report those officers had to write up, "Uh, some men dressed as slaves crashed a Civil War reenactment event."  

The best part is the end when he busts his own chains and his sidekick looks at him like, "What the fuck?  You could do that the whole time?" 

When CRT comes into real life.  Love these guys, where do I send my $9.95? 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah but the reenactment was about states rights, not slavery. 

I'm still stunned to this day that grown men pay substantial monies to reenact "States Rights" events.  That's like paying paper money to recreate civil lawsuits or school board meetings.  Let's face it, you get dressed up and pay money and pack a cooler so you can "Be a Confederate Rebel."  Only way you tickets and merch.

A good friend moved here from Spain.  His wife is a diehard Texan.  They worked in D.C. and periodically people would invite them to southern Virginia to Civil War reenactment days.  When they got to Texas, he was pleasantly surprised that it really doesn't happen much here.  He asked me what the deal with that shit was.  I didn't know what to say, just that I'm thankful it's mostly confined to stupid fat people in the Southeast.  I asked if they had anything like this in Spain?  He replied that there are still Civil War sympathizers in Spain, but they know better than to open their mouths.  And just in case they do, there are literally laws against glorifying their side (even though their rebels actually won).  But yep, not only does a huge portion of our country still celebrate its own insurrection and rebellion...they were also on the fucking losing side.  But they won't accept the results 150+ years later.  Why would 2020 be any different?  

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

That's a sitting member of congress.  How can the party leadership just sit there and let this become the face of who they are?  It's baffling.

Because party leadership has given up.  They can't control it, so they let it go and count the donations as they roll in.  It's good for business.

• Hook 'Em 1

Remember all the Republicans accusing Democrats of grooming? Turns out, a Republican running for the South Dakota senate is being charged with grooming a minor. I believe he was accusing people of grooming on his now deleted Twitter account a few days before this dropped. Every accusation is a confession.

https://www.keloland.com/news/local-news/south-dakota-senate-candidate-accused-of-child-abuse/?fbclid=IwAR16ys9cv4MS2fWBVNjCjjzmG1HRAk81oD75HPHOYXD5iExzRNpq6hCSjAI

• Like 1

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy