Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

46 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

So I mean I understand the thought process of the guy here.  I want to be a lazy fuck when I come home from work, too.  But how in the fuck does the woman go along with this outlandish behavior?

Well, if LDS, a woman is not able to enter heaven without her husband’s approval. 

You will remember that you never go into the celestial kingdom (during the temple ceremony) without the aid of your husband. If you did, it was because your husband was away, and some one had to act proxy for him. No woman will get into the celestial kingdom, except her husband receives her, if she is worthy to have a husband; and if not, somebody will receive her as a servant” (Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p 291)

You have to admit that for people brought up in certain faiths the threat of not going to Heaven if you piss off the hubs is a pretty big deal.  (Or maybe getting to spend eternity as a spinster servant?)

26 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Well, if LDS, a woman is not able to enter heaven without her husband’s approval. 

You have to admit that for people brought up in certain faiths the threat of not going to Heaven if you piss off the hubs is a pretty big deal.  (Or maybe getting to spend eternity as a spinster servant?)

Limbo’s most Benevolent  and Excellent Brothel and Nail Salon is always looking to higher.

29 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Yep. Though not solely Native Americans. My family arrived in 1716. Of course, that doesn’t mean shit, nor impart a plus behind the citizen designation. We are equally citizens with folks who earned it the hard way.

Our girls are daughters of both the American and Texas Revolution, though. (MIL loves genealogy).

Edited to add: John Doyle is an ignorant pos.

Edited by Willfully Horn

23 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I never understood that angle.  I always referred to my college professors as "Dr. So-and-So", and none (to my knowledge) held MDs, but rather PhDs.  Has that recently been deemed inappropriate, or is this just uninformed gotcha politics?

Just my opinion, but I think it's part of the anti-intellectualism amongst MAGAts.  My father holds a PhD, and I have/had friends who had no issue with calling him Dr. Meister until they went Trumpy.  Suddenly his doctorate was worthless to them, even though many of them were in his classes in college.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Just my opinion, but I think it's part of the anti-intellectualism amongst MAGAts.  My father holds a PhD, and I have/had friends who had no issue with calling him Dr. Meister until they went Trumpy.  Suddenly his doctorate was worthless to them, even though many of them were in his classes in college.

No doubt.  I think it's a little much in an informal, non-academic environment, but I don't think I've ever heard so much pushback JUST because it's a PhD and not an MD.  My Dad was a prof and all his students appropriately called him "Dr. ___", but I don't remember him ever using the title off campus.  That doesn't mean it was worthy of scorn,quite the contrary.  I bailed on my own dissertation, I had just had enough.  I regret it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Schwab shouted profanities and insults at officers who defended lawmakers and the building and joined others destroying press equipment outside the Capitol, prosecutors said. Her attorney said in a court filing she’d never been in trouble before, “not even a traffic ticket,” and was deeply remorseful for her actions.

“Now, with the view outside the MAGA bubble, she can see what the rest of us see,” the attorney, Jeffrey Zimmerman, said in a sentencing memo. “It is fair, however, to seek to view things from the perspective of someone who believed the former president and everyone else on MAGA media.”

Zimmerman could not be reached for comment. He wrote that his client understands she is to blame for her predicament.

“Katie Schwab has lost everything she has built, down to her good name,” he said. “She is no longer an up-and-coming star Realtor.”

Rather, she is referred to online as a terrorist, he said.

“Unlike Ryan, she does not get to be a right-wing celebrity or martyr for the MAGA cause, and Schwab does not want to be,” Zimmerman wrote. “She was lied to by the most powerful person on Earth, a man she previously admired, and that makes it even worse for her.”

But Assistant U.S. Attorney Karen Rochlin said Schwab deserved 90 days in jail due to her destructive and provocative behavior. Some of her taunts toward officers included calling them “pathetic pieces of s---” who were “all going to burn in hell,” the prosecutor said.

“Schwab shouted epithets at the officers who were valiantly trying to protect the Capitol and its lawful occupants, calling them ‘traitors’ and thereby possibly inflaming the crowd,” Rochlin wrote in her sentencing memo.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2023/01/03/heres-where-the-january-6-cases-stand-against-north-texans/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 9:02 PM, Scheiss Meister said:

Just my opinion, but I think it's part of the anti-intellectualism amongst MAGAts.

Spot on. It is a strategic MAGA move. A clear attack on intelligence, intellectual/educational standards, and the idea that someone worked hard to grasp a body of knowledge and was awarded a PhD. Versus "doing your own research" with an hour of YouTube videos after dinner. The goal is to destroy all intellectual standards to make 5-6 hours of YouTube studies the equivalent of 5-6 years of grad school.

MAGA is attacking intelligence across the board—education, science, the humanities, etc. This is necessary to pave the way for authoritarians to impose their fascist regime without much intellectual challenge. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So, which is it?

I have MAGA relatives and former co-workers/acquaintances, and while I’ve cut some off on social media, I haven’t cut off most them for various reasons (although some have cut me off).

I’m not watching the Super Bowl because I give no fucks about either team, and pretty much stopped watching the NFL after that piece of shit may-he-rot-in-hell Bud Adams took the Oilers away from Houston.  All the “cool” commercials are already up on YouTube so again, no reason to watch.  Simple reasons not to give a shit.

Checking Facebook, pretty much all of the MAGA types, including many who publicly bitch about and hate Goodell, Kaelernick, now Rihanna, the “woke” NFL, all of those motherfuckers are watching the game.  Maybe a handful are actually fans of one of the teams, but the rest?

For a bunch of people who hate that woke anti-American NFL, they sure can’t stop watching.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy