Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

We really do go on looooong walks to avoid calling that kid's expression out for what it is, don't we?

His face is expressing smugness in the face of an elder. Why is he so smug in this particular elder's face?

If that is what that smug face has to mean to you, then have a good life. That is a sad way to go through it. 

When I gave a smug face it was because I did not give a shit. Perhaps he did not want to be lectured by someone who was diffusing the situation. That does not make you a racist. Might make you an ass. 

Just now, BrickHorn said:

What the Gods holy name are you blathering about?

You said this...

The First Amendment only protects speech, Jimmy.  It doesn’t protect those who express hatred by silently standing, smiling, and keeping their presumably vile, racist thoughts to themselves.  

and I'm wondering what the hell you're talking about.

Just now, Telegraph_it said:

If that is what that smug face has to mean to you, then have a good life. That is a sad way to go through it. 

When I gave a smug face it was because I did not give a shit. Perhaps he did not want to be lectured by someone who was diffusing the situation. That does not make you a racist. Might make you an ass. 

*defusing

Yes, he obviously did not want that man doing anything to/near him. Why? Do you think this young man's normal reaction to elderly men communicating with him in a tense situation is in-your-face smugness?

8 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

The First Amendment only protects speech, Jimmy.  It doesn’t protect those who express hatred by silently standing, smiling, and keeping their presumably vile, racist thoughts to themselves.  

For some reason you've chosen to focus on the one kid. There's nothing silent about this: 

Or this video that I apparently need to post again: 

"Land gets stolen. That's how it works. It's the way of the world."

P.S. but #BuildTheWall kthxbai

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

*defusing

Yes, he obviously did not want that man doing anything to/near him. Why? Do you think this young man's normal reaction to elderly men communicating with him in a tense situation is in-your-face smugness?

Thank you for the smug correction.

I usually do not want strangers near me either — no matter their race, color, creed, or whatever. Then again I avoid idling in crowds whenever possible and keep to myself.

Should someone come up to me in a crowd I'd probably give them an odd look? Or perhaps a nervous smile like, oh shit, this person is calling me out, play it cool. Or I could be the next mass murderer who feels embolden by Trump to bring another wave of genocide on minority people. I'm open to rational discussion on this though. 

1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

Should someone come up to me in a crowd I'd probably give them an odd look? Or perhaps a nervous smile like, oh shit, this person is calling me out, play it cool. Or I could be the next mass murderer who feels embolden by Trump to bring another wave of genocide on minority people. I'm open to rational discussion on this though. 

Did Phillips get in the kid's face? Do we have evidence of that happening? Given the context, I'm far more prone to believe that the kid got that close to the old man and not the other way around. The kids were hopping around and going nuts. Phillips was moving very slowly the whole time and never seemed to have any disrespectful intent, so I don't know what his motive would be in getting in the kid's face.

At the end he's shouting, "Relatives!" at them.

These kids are trolls. Some kids are trolls. However, that's a huge group of them, and they seem to share a pretty obvious shared ideology, which unfortunately for them centers around bigotry towards the very people they were around in DC, but aren't ever around at home. It works really well in their all-white bubble, but it works very poorly in the outside world.

6 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Derp. 

I'd be happy to see the initial encounter if someone's got the video. Maybe this kid was standing around awkwardly and Phillips shuffled right up to him and made him uncomfortable, so he got smug-faced and just stood there. With everyone else moving around, smugly standing your ground seems to have a very specific message.

44 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

"It"? Source?

Phantom Racist Party

44 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

He says he went there to pray, saw the confrontation between the Black Israelites and the MAGA boys, went to calm down the MAGA boys, got spooked, and wanted to continue walking up.

Really?  Is that the story now?  Here's an earlier account...

“At the close of the Indigenous Peoples’ March and rally, the few of us left lingering to chat and meet were confronted and surrounded by 50 to 70 young people wearing Trump’s hats, T-shirts and other apparel. The group consisted of mostly young white men who started to intimidate, mock and scare us with a mob mentality in order to silence a demonstration that was mostly concluded. The group outnumbered us and enclosed our small group, chanting ‘build the wall’ another Trump-isms. The group was clearly looking for ANY opportunity to get violent and they consistently infringed upon our space, inching closer and closer, bumping into us and daring us to get physical. They surrounded us screaming, cajoling and mocking the elder singing with intentionally disrespectful dancing and attempting to chant\sing louder than him. He did not break focus on move inch for the entirety of the encounter. And perhaps the saddest part of all is that this song was medicine to calm the anger and toxicity of these men.”

Link

Guy doesn't seem to credible.  He's an activist...he knows a good photo of when he sees one.  

If someone can show me the actual video of the initial contact between Smug Kid and Phillips I would love to see it. It's not in the long videos and I am working on supposition with regard to how they made first contact (get it?? GET IT!?!?!?) and I would love to be proven wrong in my supposition. I don't mean this in a "COME AT ME!" way, but I genuinely do not know how they first got that close.

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

In the link you just posted it says the guys dressed up as Native Americans called him over. Do you read your own sources?

One Saturday in mid-April, Phillips decided to go for an afternoon stroll. During his walk, he came upon a group of about three dozens students from Eastern Michigan University who were dressed as Native Americans.

‘They had little feathers on, I was just going to walk by,’ Phillips said.

‘A group of them said, “Come on over, come here”.’

Phillips said he walked over to the fence and observed the students, who were throwing a Native American-themed party.

Really?  Is that the story now?  Here's an earlier account...

So you're taking someone else's words and attributing them to Phillips? You're very dishonest.

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

What made you think I was asking for your opinion?  

lol look at Mr. Toughguy

Edited by bad_teammate

51 minutes ago, Loco said:

Freedom of speech <> freedom from consequences

Remember when republicans would crow and crow about being responsible for your own actions?  

personal responsibility means i'm the only person who can hold me responsible.

57 minutes ago, Loco said:

Freedom of speech <> freedom from consequences

Remember when republicans would crow and crow about being responsible for your own actions?  

That is absolutely true.  The freedom of speech post was not meant to make a constitutional argument.  I was responding to a more general “freedom of speech” point made by another poster, and used the first amendment protections to highlight the absurdity of assuming this kid’s motives based largely on his silence (which was interpreted as hateful and “sending a message”).

Edited by BrickHorn

18 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Guy doesn't seem to credible.  He's an activist...he knows a good photo of when he sees one.  

As with all Trumptard related incidents, the vocal critic is always discredited immediately in the media.

55A90270-CBB1-4A3D-8396-B1F7522111AF_zps

2FD52E3F-01D0-404A-AF7D-D005F8A62F19_zps

98B49B0D-1ED4-4B3C-93D0-44F0D61CFB56_zps

F066BD5F-E08C-4132-BBC7-C5994F62808D_zps

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

They are kids who were approached by a Native American hitting a drum. In their adolescent brains, surrounded by their peers, they went to mimicking Indian stereotypes they know. Does that make them, in your words, dickheads? Well yes. At a minimum its an immature and disrespectful thing to do.

Does that mean we throw away rational discussion and be dicks back at them because we hate Trump and this whole world has gone to hell? Sure let's keep digging. 

No bro...they're dickheads.  Dickheads wear MAGA hats where there's political debate.  That's a fact.  I'm sure some of them are good kids.  But they chose to affiliate with that group - so I'll treat them like dickheads.  Not throwing them in jail.  If you want to be treated like a snowflake...don't play these games.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, it is. The Trumpkins went right after the Native American’s integrity once this story surfaced. 

They always attack the critic. 

He isn’t just a “critic.”  He’s a participant and an accuser.  His credibility is relevant, especially given the hard evidence contradicting his account.

And the magnitude of this event is not even remotely on the same order as the others you cite. 

And to avoid confusion: I am not saying he is not credible.  Just that it is relevant to examine his credibility.

Edited by BrickHorn

11 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

He isn’t just a “critic.”  He’s a participant and an accuser.  His credibility is relevant, especially given the hard evidence contradicting his account.

And the magnitude of this event is not even remotely on the same order as the others you cite. 

Magnitude is irrelevant.  I’m talking about the almost habitual response by the Trumpkins to immediately attack the messenger to justify disregarding the message.

This Native American man had a valuable message when he was given a platform. 

But all that should be ignored because he’s an activist? 

Okay.

In case you missed the message:

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

49 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

[picture of Native American man chanting in smirking boys face]

“but how do we know he got in the kids face and he didn’t use ancient Native American technique of chant teleportation which clinical studies show is actually more effective for headaches than Tylenol” 

Other people are handling this discussion now. Input from literally the dumbest person in this forum isn't really helpful in either direction.

39 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

In the link you just posted it says the guys dressed up as Native Americans called him over. Do you read your own sources?

I guess you didn't read the whole thing...not surprised.  When the cops showed up there was no such party and in his own words it looked like there hadn't been one.

‘It was like there was no party there at all,’ Phillips said

Yeah, because we all know how quickly and effectively frats clean up after parties.

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Magnitude is irrelevant.  I’m talking about the almost habitual response by the Trumpkins to immediately attack the messenger to justify disregarding the message.

This Native American man had a valuable message when he was given a platform. 

But all that should be ignored because he’s an activist? 

Okay.

In case you missed the message:

I will agree that Phillips’s credibility as a witness is irrelevant to his statement posted above.  Same as the Parkland students’ credibility is irrelevant to the wisdom of the gun policies they advocated.

My point is that Phillips’ credibility IS relevant to his witnes testimony about what events he alleges to have observed.  

7 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

My point is that Phillips’ credibility IS relevant to his witnes testimony about what events he alleges to have observed.  

Okay but I’m not sure why any inconsistencies he had in his account of things is relevant to the bigger picture that we have a MAGA retard problem among the white male youth of this country.

It seems like hyper focusing on the details is an easy way to ignore the real issue. 

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Okay but I’m not sure why any inconsistencies he had in his account of things is relevant to the bigger picture that we have a MAGA retard problem among the white male youth of this country.

It seems like hyper focusing on the details is an easy way to ignore the real issue. 

I hear you.  No doubt there's a MAGA problem.  It's just that in this case, some of us are trying to look at this situation on it's own without bringing in MAGA baggage.  

Similar to how a judge/jury looks at each case independent of whatever bad deeds the accused may have committed in the past.  Once the verdict is announced the judge can take the other things into account for sentencing.

In this case, it appears the MAGA hat has tainted the jury.

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

He says he went there to pray, saw the confrontation between the Black Israelites and the MAGA boys, went to calm down the MAGA boys, got spooked, and wanted to continue walking up.

There is video that shows a bunch of other MAGA kids jumping around in front of him. We don't know how they got right in each other's faces.

Bullshit I posted the video that shows the old man walking up to the kids and standing less then a foot away nose to nose

5 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

People who allow/enable their spawn to travel hundreds of miles to protest settled law are the epitome of loons. 

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yes, I'm sure these kids have VERY STRONG opinions about Roe v. Wade.

Crossposting, but At this point, I don’t even care what the kids did, even with the tomahawking and all of that.  

I’d like to know what adults thought it would be a good idea to let 16 years decked out in Trump gear attend an anti-abortion rally.  These kids didn’t randomly get their allowances together and decide to buy MAGA hats and shirts to wear to an anti-abortion rally (and I just don’t see these kids deciding to take a Roe v Wde school trip on their own when DC is full of much more entertaining and educational things for 16 year-olds).   

I know, the joke is that all of their 80 or so faculty and staff are white, and only a couple of minorities attend any given yearout of hundreds of students,, and it’s Kentucky  but still.  

These kids were there at an anti-abortion rally and decked out in MAGA gear because the folks running their school wanted to make some kind of political statement.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The government is shutdown, 800k people aren't getting paychecks, Flint doesn't have clean water, children being taken from their families at the border, etc. 

Around 2 million government contractors are currently out of work as well. 

Oh boy ADHD is back

I unfollowed a friend I’ve known since HS today after he wrote a diatribe about the ‘brave, peaceful and de-escalating boy’...not because of that particular post, but looking into his page it’s full of anti vaccine, border invasion and other rhetoric. Thanks for outing yourself Jeremy.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Using ambiguous incidents like this to make the point doesn’t effectively highlight the issue.  Instead, it undermines our fundamental point and diminishes our credibility.  

We need to pick our battles.  This was a bad tactical choice.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Oh boy ADHD is back

I unfollowed a friend I’ve known since HS today after he wrote a diatribe about the ‘brave, peaceful and de-escalating boy’...not because of that particular post, but looking into his page it’s full of anti vaccine, border invasion and other rhetoric. Thanks for outing yourself Jeremy.

I don’t understand the bipolar judgment of this kid.  “He’s a hero!”  “No, he’s a villain!”

The evidence is lacking to justify either claim.  

11 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Using ambiguous incidents like this to make the point doesn’t effectively highlight the issue.  Instead, it undermines our fundamental point and diminishes our credibility.  

They will always be made out to be ambiguous incidents.  

They even tried to make Charlottesville ambiguous and they were somewhat successful among the right.  ANTIFA!! 

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They will always be made out to be ambiguous incidents.  

They even tried to make Charlottesville ambiguous and they were somewhat successful among the right.  ANTIFA!! 

I didn’t say only fight battles if there’s no opposition.  You pick the battles you can win.  This does not appear to be a favorable battle.

Charlottesville was a different animal.  It wasn’t ambiguous.  This one is ambiguous, at best.

• Like 1

I didn’t say only fight battles if there’s no opposition.  You pick the battles you can win.  This does not appear to be a favorable battle.
Charlottesville was a different animal.  It wasn’t ambiguous.  This one is ambiguous, at best.

They’re all ambiguous. It’s the Trumpkin way. There is always an excuse, and yes, see Charlottesville as just one example.
Insisting on purity and infallibility is fighting with both hands tied behind your back and blindfolded. While they swing nail-studded boards.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

And there's a ton of video showing those kids acting like complete turds.

I don’t think many people have disagreed with you. The point was they all played a part in the problem and they all deserve blame. Stupid kids were stupid. Stupid adults were stupid. All of that is consistent with stupid marches/demonstrations. I also have a hard time believing someone beating a drum and chanting while walking DIRECTLY into a group of teenage kids is free and clear. Especially when the video doesn’t quite line up with the CNN appearance. Call me a cynic I guess.

37 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I completely understand this point. This shouldn't have been a major news story or a "hill to die on" for anti-Trumpers. I get it. 

But the argument currently being made is those kids still acted inappropriately and were shitty little dickheads.  And MAGA is a fucking cancer. I'm not going to get shouted down about it, and I'm definitely not going to be "convinced" that these cunts did nothing wrong. 

One more thing, Brick. While it may seem like a bad tactical choice, the fact is MAGA world is going to fight back on every single one of these incidents. Any future Trumpkin shithead moment will be denied by MAGAs and they will throw the full blame on someone else. The right isn't trying to make things ambiguous. They are gaslighting and shifting full blame to Nathan Phillips. It's a travishamockery. 

You really have to watch how the trumpkins respond in real time to understand how these type of flashpoint events progress in the media.

Every. Single. Time.

It’s active measures/gaslighting cranked up to 11 and we love it.  We simply cannot resist weighing in and debating over the bullshit details.

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They’re all ambiguous. It’s the Trumpkin way. There is always an excuse, and yes, see Charlottesville as just one example.
Insisting on purity and infallibility is fighting with both hands tied behind your back and blindfolded. While they swing nail-studded boards.

Jesus, Brisket.  Have you just given up on reading?  

15 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

One more thing, Brick. While it may seem like a bad tactical choice, the fact is MAGA world is going to fight back on every single one of these incidents. Any future Trumpkin shithead moment will be denied by MAGAs and they will throw the full blame on someone else. 

So?  Let them waste their time shadow boxing.  Fight when you can win.  

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy