Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

Okay, I've been on the fence about the guy.  I think it may be schtick after all.  I think it's done to grift with just enough of a wink-wink to let us know he's in on it, and gives him plausible coverage to back out later when the shit really hits the fan.  Otherwise, he's younger, fatter, gayer Wayne Newton.  Apparently visiting a Reno days Inn hot tub.  NTTAWWT

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Okay, I've been on the fence about the guy.  I think it may be schtick after all.  I think it's done to grift with just enough of a wink-wink to let us know he's in on it, and gives him plausible coverage to back out later when the shit really hits the fan.  Otherwise, he's younger, fatter, gayer Wayne Newton.  Apparently visiting a Reno days Inn hot tub.  NTTAWWT

It has to be.  It just has to.

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It has to be.  It just has to.

not sure if serious.  I just started noticing him a couple of months ago...you probably know his shit better than I do.  But I'd like to think never having met you, we both pick up on sarcasm and fucking-with-you humor pretty well.  And he toes a very delicate line.  I think his stuff as of late is wink-wink, just in case I get in trouble I'll lay it on a little thick buffoonery.  But his background/bona fides suggest he's all Trump, he's just finally carved out a lane where his worship and layered comedy is at least unique in the Trump taint-sucking ecosystem of C-list celebs.  I dunno.  I'll give him credit, he's got us wondering...and we don''t usually do that with these sycophantic hacks.  

I mean, what if he's the Kenny Bania of the Trump 2024 Wave?  A voice for a new generation where not everything has to be so damn smart and clever?!? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

So the movie poster is a guy trying to keep a flag from touching the ground and he's planning on using a firearm in the effort? Shooting gravity?

The target audience is a group of people who have American flag beach towels and shorts, and they desecrate the flag by making it blue and white with the thin blue line bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

You guys posting (or interacting with in any way) Nick Adams are getting out played pretty badly.  All he wants is reach.  He isn’t capable of producing quality content, so he produces content he knows will get mocked in liberal circles—passed around and around and around.  Now everyone knows who he is. 

Pirates of the Caribbean: 

you are the worst pirate I’ve ever heard of. 
but you have heard of me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

This chick fell hard.

56 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

What happened to her was absolutely horrible.  It broke her. 

And if you look at the news ticker, Bill O’Reilly was up next.  I don’t know if that’s irony or what, given what happened to her.  I’d think she wouldn’t want to be around people like that, but here we are, and she’s pushing batshit conspiracy stuff.

12 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

90% chance that the movie is loosely based on the true story of some conservative type.

100% chance that the reason he was served with a restraining order banning him from being near a school had 0 to do with a flag, and everything to do with a sex crime.

Because "conservative" = "every accusation is a confession."

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

90% chance that the movie is loosely based on the true story of some conservative type.

Most of us have projects that we care deeply about, just as John Schneider does.

But most of us are also not dumb enough to piss away our family’s finances on them, and we don’t even know if this is a genuine passion project or a grift gone wrong.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Most of us have projects that we care deeply about, just as John Schneider does.

But most of us are also not dumb enough to piss away our family’s finances on them, and we don’t even know if this is a genuine passion project or a grift gone wrong.

I know what you're trying to do.

But I'm not giving up my dream of making an all-trained-squirrel remake of The Matrix.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

This just goes to reinforce my belief that everytime I see someone with a flag on their vehicle I'm probably not going to care much for them.

Conservatives theft of the term patriot make my blood boil.

If you describe yourself as a patriot, chances are you are not a patriot.

• Hook 'Em 3

Speaking of movies:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/anti-woke-superhero-movie-rebels-run-blown-up-in-dollar1-million-con?ref=home

An attempt to make a right-wing superhero movie has ended in disaster, with $1 million missing in China and a participant facing a federal indictment.

“I wouldn’t count on us getting the money back,” Theodore Beale, a far-right blogger known as “Vox Day,” admitted to his fans and investors in a video last week.

This isn’t how Beale’s followers thought their investments would go in 2019, when they started contributing to fund a film based on a Confederacy-themed superhero comic book character created by Beale. A trailer promoting the proposed movie, Rebel’s Run, featured the character Rebel fighting a global police force hunting down freethinking conservatives.

Frequent Tucker Carlson collaborator Scooter Downey signed on to direct. Beale’s supporters rapidly blew past an initial $750,000 funding goal, ultimately raising more than $1 million.

That money was supposed to be held in escrow to secure several million more dollars in funding. Three years later, though, the cash is gone, and with it Beale’s hopes for a movie.

Spoiler

The Rebel’s Run collapse stands as a cautionary tale for conservatives who dream of seeing their ideas turned into films, and comes as right-wing media outlets increasingly dabble in motion pictures. Commentator Ben Shapiro’s company has a streaming website that offers movies with a conservative tinge, including a thriller about a school shooting and a western starring “canceled” actress Gina Carano. Earlier this year, Breitbart News distributed a Hunter Biden biopic. But Rebel’s Run collapse stands as a cautionary tale for conservatives showing that the jump to movies isn’t a risk-free endeavor.

There was reason to think Beale and his fans could realize their dream of going from comic books to cinema, if only through sheer fanaticism. His devoted followers call him the “Supreme Dark Lord of the Evil Legion of Evil,” and describe themselves as his “minions.” Beale’s supporters, who frequently complain about supposed progressive “social justice warrior” influence creeping into fields like video games and science fiction, had already funded a handful of comic book issues and stirred up a controversy at science fiction’s premiere awards.

Beale’s history of racism could have made it difficult for Rebel’s Run, which stars a character sometimes depicted in a Confederate flag bustier, to find traditional financing. He has claimed that certain races are more likely to commit violence and called one of his foes in the science-fiction dispute, a Black author, a “half-savage.” Beale has affiliated himself with the Gamergate movement, opposes women’s suffrage, and once described homosexuality as a “birth defect.”

Given that track record, he instead turned to Utah-based Ohana Capital Financial, a business aimed at customers that would struggle to get money elsewhere.

As Ohana’s promotional materials put it, according to prosecutors, the firm offered “banking [to] the unbankable.” On Nov. 5, 2020, Beale transferred the $1 million to Ohana to be held in escrow in advance of future film funding.

Ohana was the creation of James Wolfgramm, a self-described cryptocurrency billionaire who posted pictures of sports cars that supposedly belonged to him on social media. But in fact, according to a federal indictment filed last month, Wolfgramm’s wealth was a sham. The sports car pictures, for example, were pulled from other websites. Wolfgramm’s business also sold what were billed as high-tech cryptocurrency mining rigs — but those too were a hoax, according to prosecutors, with their screens just running on a loop to create the illusion of mine.

Unbeknownst to Beale and his supporters, the indictment alleges, Wolfgramm was deeply in debt to one of his business’s other clients. That client had paid Ohana more than $4 million in September 2020, several months into the Covid-19 pandemic, as part of what was meant to be a payment to a Chinese manufacturer of personal protective equipment. Instead of carrying out the transaction, prosecutors allege, Wolfgramm spent the millions on his own unrelated business issues.

Now seven-figures into the hole and with no PPE to show for it, Wolfgramm allegedly used the Rebel’s Run money to buy the Chinese medical equipment. Soon after that, according to a video Beale released to his fans, the blogger and his collaborators became suspicious and contacted the FBI, sparking the investigation into Wolfgramm.

Wolfgramm’s attorney didn’t respond to a request for comment. Beale declined to comment, citing the ongoing investigation.

Wolfgramm now faces four counts of wire fraud over the Rebel’s Run money and other aspects of his business. While the film’s investors might someday recoup a portion of their money through the legal system, Beale has given up on funding his superhero movie.

Beale claims, without evidence, that the alleged con was carried out to disrupt his right-wing fanbase.

“I strongly suspect that this whole thing was a targeted operation intended to break our community,” Beale said in the video he published last week.

Beale isn’t done with movies yet, though. In a video to his fans, he told them he’s working on a script starring his friend, antisemitic former comedian Owen Benjamin. In this new movie, Beale plans to cast Benjamin—who believes the moon landing was faked—as the head of NASA.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Haha 8

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy