Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

1 minute ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

It’s weird, it’s like when airplanes got invented and therefore the word airpllane has to get created, and some people are like, wtf is the new made up word, I’m not going to use it. 

Also, one does not have to use pronouns to talk about people if one doesn’t choose to do so. 

This whole thread is dumb. 

No, it’s like changing the name of an airplane and making one call it something else. It’s ridiculous. 

16 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I disagree, but you’re certainly entitled to your opinion. He’s absolutely been threatened with fines, as has his institution. You can dismiss it as fantasy, but it’s jusy not the case. 

Who threatened him? You should be able to answer that question.

14 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Create as many words as you choose, but I will not be conscripted into saying them. 

Great, no one is trying to.

12 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

No, it’s like changing the name of an airplane and making one call it something else. It’s ridiculous. 

What English pronoun exists to singularly refer to someone who is neither male nor female?

20 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Ok I see the disconnect now. You are one of those people who doesn’t want to acknowledge that trans people exist. I’ll stop engaging now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Who threatened him? You should be able to answer that question.

Great, no one is trying to.

What English pronoun exists to singularly refer to someone who is neither male nor female?

The strongly worded letters he received from the university referenced the Ontario Human Rights Code. 

They couldn’t if they wanted to. 

Hermaphrodite? 

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

The strongly worded letters he received from the university referenced the Ontario Human Rights Code. 

Who threatened to fine him? Be Precise In Your Speech (Rule #10)

Hermaphrodite? 

That word already has a meaning that has nothing to do with gender or sexual identity. It is a scientific descriptor of someone's physical attributes. And it's not even a pronoun.

I'll ask again:

On 5/5/2018 at 11:55 AM, Chrispy said:

I will, life is good. I’m about to go play golf and guess what? I don’t have to ask my master! Can you believe it? Good day sir, oh excuse me, I mean good day they. 

You’re about to go play golf. Well good for you.  Dipwad.  

7 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Ok I see the disconnect now. You are one of those people who doesn’t want to acknowledge that trans people exist. I’ll stop engaging now. 

I acknowledge they exist, I only find the 50 or so gender neutral pronouns silly. 

Edited by Chrispy

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Who threatened to fine him? Be Precise In Your Speech (Rule #10)

That word already has a meaning that has nothing to do with gender or sexual identity. It is a scientific descriptor of someone's physical attributes. And it's not even a pronoun.

I'll ask again:

The OHRC. 

I realize it’s not a pronoun. In modern English? Please enlighten me. 

I'm about to drink beer. I'm about to play golf. Let me share with you all the details of my unremarkable life!

8 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I acknowledge they exist, I only find the 50 or so gender neutral pronouns silly. 

Which ones are not silly?

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

The OHRC. 

No, they haven't. You're lying.

If you're not lying, please source your assertion that the OHRC has threatened to fine Jordan Peterson.

article-1080189-023CEB1F000005DC-718_468

I realize it’s not a pronoun. In modern English? Please enlighten me. 

Yes, in Modern English.

Here's the bill in question.

There is no mention of pronouns or compelled speech of any kind. It's not even a molehill. It's a mountain made out of a spec of dust.

Here's the summary:

SUMMARY

This enactment amends the Canadian Human Rights Act to add gender identity and gender expression to the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination.

The enactment also amends the Criminal Code to extend the protection against hate propaganda set out in that Act to any section of the public that is distinguished by gender identity or expression and to clearly set out that evidence that an offence was motivated by bias, prejudice or hate based on gender identity or expression constitutes an aggravating circumstance that a court must take into consideration when it imposes a sentence.

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm about to drink beer. I'm about to play golf. Let me share with you all the details of my unremarkable life!

Which ones are not silly?

No, they haven't. You're lying.

If you're not lying, please source your assertion that the OHRC has threatened to fine Jordan Peterson.

article-1080189-023CEB1F000005DC-718_468

Yes, in Modern English.

I’ve found that our language has functioned very well with the amount of pronouns we currently have, these newly created ones are silly and unnecessary. 

The university wrote Peterson two stern letters demanding him to comply for fear of retribution from the OHRC, I’m not sure how else to explain this to you. 

I asked you to enlighten me on the singular pronoun. Also, who is that hideous woman?

4 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I’ve found that our language has functioned very well with the amount of pronouns we currently have, these newly created ones are silly and unnecessary. 

It hasn't functioned well for those who do not identify as either male or female, people who are not represented by the current singular pronouns.

What is the negative impact on your life that comes with the addition of gender-neutral pronouns?

The university wrote Peterson two stern letters demanding him to comply for fear of retribution from the OHRC, I’m not sure how else to explain this to you. 

So the university threatened to fine him?

You said the OHRC threatened to fine him. Were you lying?

I asked you to enlighten me on the singular pronoun. Also, who is that hideous woman?

There is not one commonly used at this point, which is why I asked you for one. You said that the use of gender-neutral pronouns is like referring to airplanes as something other than "airplane"; changing an existing word.

That's Ashley Todd, a conservative who falsely claimed victimhood, carving a backwards B onto her face and inventing a story about how a roving gang of blacks did it for Barack Obama. A fake victim, like you and Jordan Peterson.

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It hasn't functioned well for those who do not identify as either male or female, people who are not represented by the current singular pronouns.

What is the negative impact on your life that comes with the addition of gender-neutral pronouns?

So the university threatened to fine him?

You said the OHRC threatened to fine him. Were you lying?

There is not one commonly used at this point, which is why I asked you for one. You said that the use of gender-neutral pronouns is like referring to airplanes as something other than "airplane"; changing an existing word.

That's Ashley Todd, a conservative who falsely claimed victimhood, carving a backwards B onto her face and inventing a story about how a roving gang of blacks did it for Barack Obama. A fake victim, like you and Jordan Peterson.

There’s only two genders, that’s the point. I’ll call them whatever they want, but creating a gender is comical. 

They threatened the university and was a shot across the bow to Peterson, the implication was crystal clear. He’s said as much. 

I’m not a victim, I live in the greatest country on earth and can avoid such nonsense as our neighbors up north. What’s not to love? 

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

There’s only two genders, that’s the point. I’ll call them whatever they want, but creating a gender is comical. 

They threatened the university and was a shot across the bow to Peterson, the implication was crystal clear. He’s said as much. 

I’m not a victim, I live in the greatest country on earth and can avoid such nonsense as our neighbors up north. What’s not to love? 

That's one opinion.

Just now, David Dennison said:

People can be gender neutral and procreate, just like men who identify as women and women who identify as men can procreate.

So they’re still physically the gender they claim not to be? 

2 hours ago, Chrispy said:

I disagree, but you’re certainly entitled to your opinion. He’s absolutely been threatened with fines, as has his institution. You can dismiss it as fantasy, but it’s jusy not the case. 

It's amazing how stupid you are.

At the end of the day, Chrispy, your argument is that there are only two genders. You dance around it with a bunch of other shit, but your objection to the expansion of pronouns is not about the dilution of the language, but it is really about a desire to oppose LGBT activists and assert a traditionalist worldview.

And THAT is why Jordan Peterson is garbage. All he is, at the end of it, is a regressive conservative fuddy duddy. He can dress it up in all the psychobabble Jungian bullshit he tries to (and fails), but the alt.right and regressive garbage (Chrispy) love him because he reinforces a worldview stuck in a fantasy version of 1950.

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

At the end of the day, Chrispy, your argument is that there are only two genders. You dance around it with a bunch of other shit, but your objection to the expansion of pronouns is not about the dilution of the language, but it is really about a desire to oppose LGBT activists and assert a traditionalist worldview.

And THAT is why Jordan Peterson is garbage. All he is, at the end of it, is a regressive conservative fuddy duddy. He can dress it up in all the psychobabble Jungian bullshit he tries to (and fails), but the alt.right and regressive garbage (Chrispy) love him because he reinforces a worldview stuck in a fantasy version of 1950.

Sure, I believe one’s chromosomes dictates whether they are male or female in the womb and that it can’t be reversed. However, I have no ill will towards the LGBT community at all, I say live and let live. If a biological male wants me to call him a female, I’ll indulge her and not think twice about it. 

No, this is about speech for me. Once it goes beyond asking and into the realm compulsion, that I simply will not put up with. Also, the 1950’s seemed like they sucked, so no thanks. 

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy