What's the Foo up to?

Biff Tannen

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Last part sounds like this is more or less the end of the line.  I'm sure there will be shows here and there, maybe a tour, maybe not.

Even though I haven't seen them yet, I'm totally cool with that.  Hawkins was such a critical part of the band, and it just won't be the same without him at this point.

• Like 1

Really sucks.  I'd bought tickets for the whole to see them in August at an outdoor venue in the mountains of SW Montana.  My 9 year old daughter has been pestering me to see them ever since she saw photos/videos of when my son and I saw them in 2017.  She's been really looking forward to this since she got her ticket for Christmas. 

But I completely understand them not wanting to play for awhile....and maybe even never again under the Foo Fighter moniker.  And if I'm being honest, I don't really want to see them without Taylor.  It just wouldn't be the same.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TH_POSTER_LDN_LA1-990000079e04513c.png

WATCH LONDON LIVE

WHEN: Saturday, September 3rd
Begins at 5:30pm CEST / 4:30pm BST / 12:30pm BRT / 11:30am EDT / 10:30am CDT / 8:30am PDT

WHERE TO WATCH LIVE:

Paramount+ (US Only)

MTV YouTube Channels (Globally)

Pluto TV (Internationally)

WATCH LONDON ON-DEMAND

WHERE TO WATCH THE FULL SHOW ON-DEMAND: 

Paramount+ (Globally) on Saturday, Sept. 3rd

Pluto TV & MTV Video On Demand beginning the week of Sept. 5th

TUNE INTO THE 1-HOUR LONDON SPECIAL

CBS Television Network (US Only) on Saturday, Sept. 3rd at 9pm EDT.*

MTV Entertainment: Latin America on Saturday Sept. 3rd and Internationally Sunday, Sept. 4th

TUNE INTO THE EXTENDED 2-HOUR LONDON SPECIAL

MTV Entertainment (Globally) beginning in September

*Paramount+ Premium subscribers will have access to the simulcast stream via the live feed of their local CBS affiliate on the service.

NEW PERFORMERS & CHARITY BENEFICIARIES ANNOUNCED

The ranks of rock royalty participating have continued to grow. See below for updated lineups:

September 3 — London — Wembley Stadium

Travis Barker, Martin Chambers, Josh Freese, Violet Grohl, Justin Hawkins, Shane Hawkins, James Gang, Brian Johnson, Kesha, Luke Spiller and Lars Ulrich will join a lineup featuring Nandi Bushell, Chris Chaney, Stewart Copeland, Liam Gallagher, Omar Hakim, Joshua Homme, Chrissie Hynde, Alain Johannes, John Paul Jones, Greg Kurstin, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Brian May, Krist Novoselic, Nile Rodgers, Mark Ronson, Supergrass, Roger Taylor, Rufus Taylor, Wolfgang Van Halen, Chevy Metal and a special appearances by Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock.

September 27 — Los Angeles — Kia Forum

Sebastian Bach, Travis Barker, Geezer Butler, Phil Collen, Joe Elliott, Josh Freese, Violet Grohl, Shane Hawkins, James Gang, Mark King and Lars Ulrich have been added to a lineup that includes Chris Chaney, Stewart Copeland, Miley Cyrus, Omar Hakim, Joshua Homme, Joan Jett, Alain Johannes, John Paul Jones, Greg Kurstin, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Brian May, Alanis Morissette, Krist Novoselic, P!NK, LeAnn Rimes, Mark Ronson, Gene Simmons, Nikki Sixx, Chad Smith, Luke Spiller, Roger Taylor, Rufus Taylor, Jon Theodore, Wolfgang Van Halen, Brad Wilk, Nancy Wilson, Patrick Wilson, and a special appearance by Chevy Metal

Edited by Biff Tannen

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/8/2022 at 7:30 AM, tbone_ said:

Well known, yes. Not exactly hard though.

It’s not like Chuck Mangione called and said hey Dave come play the solo on Feels So Good.

hey, that grant geismann part is tricky.  That quartet was pretty fucking tight.

Edited by Gil Bang

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/1/2023 at 9:48 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I thought Josh Freese and Travis Barker really stood out at the tribute concerts.  They both have their own things going, though, and I doubt either would sign on for what is a grueling, full-time gig.

I think there's a new blink 182 album coming out, so I'd assume Barker's gonna be buried touring behind that.